Home

Rye's M21 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Rye's M21 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

OVR: 0
Rye's M21 All Madden Sliders

I wanna start off by saying these sliders will not be for everyone, these are designed to provide a challenge more than anything while still getting realistic stats second. These are for the guys that can easily win on Default All Madden, I also have certain house rules to increase the challenge. This set is in the same boat as Jarodd's Slider sets, he is somebody I've been a huge fan of for a long time now. I'd definitely recommend his sliders if you need a challenge.

So on to why I made this set..

Default All Madden can become too easy, I've come up with certain house rules to increase difficulty yet it remains to be too easy to come out with a win on default. I do play realistic, I do not cheese the same plays, I don't try to exploit the AI and I always try to play how a real NFL team would. However on default All Madden I can easily take the worst team in game and win a Super Bowl Year 1. For me, that isn't fun.. even if the animations look amazing, even if the ratings are playing true to what they are, even if the statistics are right on point. If there is no challenge than there is no longevity in my opinion. I don't see a point in building the best team if all I need is a 70 Overall squad to win.

Main issue with default settings: User running game is very easy while the CPU running game is lacking. Even on 0/100 sliders I've held guys like Josh Jacobs to 2 ypc and under 40 yards total. I've also easily rushed for over 100 while averaging 5 ypc on 0 run blocking.

User INTs are another issue, it becomes way too easy to read routes and get a user INT on default sliders. Lowering the User INT slider helps not guarantee a pick every time.

Why the higher threshold: I've always preferred a higher threshold than most. This is probably the biggest difference from Jarodd's Sliders as he usually goes with Zero. Old patch notes state they increased the difference in speed making the default 50 threshold have a 5 point difference in speed feel more like a 10 point difference in speed. When running tests a higher threshold results in more realistic separation between players at varying speeds. I can still easily burn someone on a higher threshold, but it helps make speed and acceleration not the only important factors. It's really a personal preference at the end of the day but I wouldn't go lower than 50, just my personal preference.

House Rules include: Coach suggestions, I only pick out of the first 3 plays given. I do not use hot route unless I have a player that has an ability regarding hot routes. I will audible, send a player in motion and call double teams. However I usually never audible out of a play more than a few times a game if that. Hot routes are the only thing off limits at the line pre snap. The reason for this is because the CPU may audible but they never utilize hot routes. So by not using them either, you don't have that advantage. Also by not hot routing I tend to spread the ball around more. It's not uncommon for 6-7 players on my team to get 3+ catches. I also use the no switch rule on defense, everything else is fair game.

On to the actual Sliders..

Difficulty - All Madden
Game Style - Simulation
Quarter Length - Personal Preference however I usually run 10 minute quarters with a 20 sec runoff.

Auto Flip: On (Personal Preference)
Ball Hawk: On (personal preference)
Heat Seeker: On (personal preference)
Switch Assist: Off (personal preference)

Injuries - 25
Fatigue - 50
Threshold - 75

XP and Special Teams: Default

QB ACC - 10/50
Pass BLK - 0/50
Catching - 50/50
Run BLK - 0/100
Fumbles - 50/75
Reaction Time - 50/100
INT - 25/50
Pass coverage - 50/100
Tackling - 25/75

Offsides - 75
Holding - 75
False start - 75

All User sliders are between 0-50, none are higher than default while all CPU sliders are between 50-100 so they are not lower than default.

I've been getting great games lately that provide an actual challenge and most importantly the games vary. I held LV to under 40 yards rushing with Washington while the Ravens torched me for 177 total with Cincinnati. I've had my games where I go 24-28 passing with Minshew and one where I went 17-34 with Burrow. Had games I rush for 45 yards and others I rush for 125 yards. So definitely test a few games if you do try this set, same goes for any slider set. Games definitely vary, just because one game went one way doesn't mean something needs tweaked right away.

I've honestly been loving M21 and these sliders help make the game a bit more interesting for me. So if anyone is in that same boat and wants an extra challenge definitely give these a try.

Note: These are NOT tested on Next Gen, I do not own a Next Gen console so results may be different if you're on NG.

I'll also add a few pictures of games I personally played, two games vs the Raiders and quick snapshot of my year with Indy. 5a6c92da-98ff-46ae-9691-a0728410d733_0.jpeg0463f3db-d30f-477c-a866-f4c39e33458f.jpeg20210129_102903.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Rye; 02-26-2021 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #2
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Re: Rye's M21 All Madden Sliders

Seems like a lot of your issues with All Madden being too easy becomes from you user switching and user catching. I do neither and struggle big time on all
Madden.

Either way, these are some
Nice looking challenging sliders
Old 02-15-2021, 07:41 AM   #3
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Seems like a lot of your issues with All Madden being too easy becomes from you user switching and user catching. I do neither and struggle big time on all
Madden.

Either way, these are some
Nice looking challenging sliders
I have in the House rules section, I do not user switch on defense. I usually play LB or SS depending on the play. User catching may be a problem however. I do user catch.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:43 AM   #4
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
I have in the House rules section, I do not user switch on defense. I usually play LB or SS depending on the play. User catching may be a problem however. I do user catch.

I’m gonna try these out tonight. I always try everyone’s sliders even if they look hard as yours do. Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-15-2021, 07:44 AM   #5
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Just played Week 1 of my new Jags Franchise and what a game! Indy's rushing attack was doing great but a few key sacks and thanks to a 92 yard Kickoff return TD I squeaked by with the victory. cdc57d3a-e773-466b-b5e1-4a5e8a53fd69.jpegf339bf4a-545d-4fb9-b9ce-736eef6c991d.jpeg

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2021, 07:45 AM   #6
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
Just played Week 1 of my new Jags Franchise and what a game! Indy's rushing attack was doing great but a few key sacks and thanks to a 92 yard Kickoff return TD I squeaked by with the victory. Attachment 189232Attachment 189233

You’re getting some great numbers in your games bro. Very nice to see. Realistic completion percentages
Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #7
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
I’m gonna try these out tonight. I always try everyone’s sliders even if they look hard as yours do. Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate that my man, hope you end up liking em. They definitely create a challenge, The only thing I may consider looking at changing is the User Tackling. 25 may be a little too low.. but it does help make it more of a challenge. Conservative tackles are your friend at 25 lol

Old 02-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #8
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Week 2 of Jags Franchise is in the books and it's a tough loss on the road for Jacksonville. 3 turnovers and 5 penalties proved to be too much to recover from as Tennessee gets a 31-24 victory at home! 024bb34c-aab5-4273-88a5-343cc103667a.jpegc37ab422-69c7-4f61-a452-21eec42c4217.jpeg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »