Home

Current Gen CPU/CPU

This is a discussion on Current Gen CPU/CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2021, 12:18 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Current Gen CPU/CPU

I think the highest I have seen in a game is about 73% sometimes as low as 50%. Mahomes finished the season with 71% but majority of that season was with tommy's sliders too. Ill see how this new season plays out. I have noticed with competitive there are not many penalties called at all, but honestly I don't have an issue with that. It was always holding or block in the back anyways.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:40 PM   #18
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Agreed, it’s not like I was seeing a bunch on sim either.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #19
Rookie

2 games into the new season and Mahomes has 4 interceptions already lol. Might even go lower than 17 or bump coverage down.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #20
Pro

Woad23's Arena

! I’m guessing wr catch is going to have to come up a smidge. The reason I’ve avoided it so far is because I love how it separates good wr from less than good, and how it keeps completion percentage down. Try bumping it up 2 points.

I’m waiting on other user in my season so we can finish off-season then I can help test all this. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:17 AM   #21
Rookie

Hi, I'm currently using your sliders (as a base, I try some modifications in order to have less sacks... VERY hard task, especially if you don't have a mobile and very good QB I guess). I wanted to know if you notice too that the CPU nearly doesn't run? On my last game, I had Steelers-Broncos (year 2), and the play call was 51 pass / 7 runs for Pitt, 51 passes / 16 runs for Denver. I counted the (sight) 10 cumulated sacks as passes.

It's not an aberration: it looks like nearly every game is like that. Teams don't even try to install the running game or abandon it after two bad runs. Then it's always a pass, even on third and one. You have a run from time to time with zero dedication.

I don't understand why, especially when the roster is not built for a heavy passing game. For example, in my last Broncos-Steelers, Steelers had Big Ben with a 72 rating, TE Eric Ebron injured and the best WR was at 82. The Broncos had Drew Lock as a starting QB (74 rating). But they had Melvin Gordon at RB. How they don't ever try to establish the running game?

So I wanted to know if that's an issue in Madden 21 for CPU vs CPU games. Maybe it's not, maybe it's just because I follow the Steelers, and that's a particular thing linked to their offense (average O Line so CPU is not confident in running) and their defense (opponent fear their front seven).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2021, 06:32 AM   #22
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busforever
Hi, I'm currently using your sliders (as a base, I try some modifications in order to have less sacks... VERY hard task, especially if you don't have a mobile and very good QB I guess). I wanted to know if you notice too that the CPU nearly doesn't run? On my last game, I had Steelers-Broncos (year 2), and the play call was 51 pass / 7 runs for Pitt, 51 passes / 16 runs for Denver. I counted the (sight) 10 cumulated sacks as passes.

It's not an aberration: it looks like nearly every game is like that. Teams don't even try to install the running game or abandon it after two bad runs. Then it's always a pass, even on third and one. You have a run from time to time with zero dedication.

I don't understand why, especially when the roster is not built for a heavy passing game. For example, in my last Broncos-Steelers, Steelers had Big Ben with a 72 rating, TE Eric Ebron injured and the best WR was at 82. The Broncos had Drew Lock as a starting QB (74 rating). But they had Melvin Gordon at RB. How they don't ever try to establish the running game?

So I wanted to know if that's an issue in Madden 21 for CPU vs CPU games. Maybe it's not, maybe it's just because I follow the Steelers, and that's a particular thing linked to their offense (average O Line so CPU is not confident in running) and their defense (opponent fear their front seven).

Howdy! There have been many complaints by ps4 players about this issue. Circumstances (up by 20) nor players seem to matter.

From my own testing scheme and playbook of the coach seem to matter somewhat. But as I play online I can’t change every teams.

It can be frustrating like you mentioned when an xfactor back isn’t utilized, these sliders aren’t meant to address that issue (not even sure it can be addressed with sliders).

I just chalk it up to modern football, there were only 3 teams that ran more than passed and half were close to if not more than a 60/40 split in favor of the pass.

It would be nice though if you could occasionally see a grind it out team.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #23
Rookie

So after 8 games watched in season 2.

Patrick Mahomes stats:
Passing Yards: 2,678
Pass Completion: 227
Pass Attempts: 308
Pass Comp %: 73%
TDs:16
INT: 7

Mahomes leads the league in passing yards, next closest QB has 2,150 yards. The Chiefs running game is bad though to so I am not surprised. On 111 rushing attempts my starting RB has 449 yards. He does average 56.1 a game, the league leader has 638 yards with an avg of 106.3 a game.

My offense is ranked 4th in yards gained, first in points scored. Defense is 22nd in yards allowed, 5th in points allowed though. I have 30 sacks as a team with the next best being 22, I have 14 interceptions and the next best is 14.

The changes I made to sliders from your OP are i dropped INTs to 15, speed parity to 17 like you mentioned and I dropped the tackling to 37 as well. Everything else is the same.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:50 PM   #24
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Those look so close to great! I’d you’re happy great! If you want to tweak a little I’d raise wr catch to 37, pass reaction to 37 to match and then run block to 45.

I find the wr/db interactions great when catch and reaction match. Hopefully the small boost to wr will cut out a few picks and get QBs to throw a little quicker to cut down on sacks.

The boost to run game is more to tone down the passing game. A few more successful runs means less long yardage forcing passing downs.

Thanks for all the updates! I should be doing draft tonight so will start playing again shortly after.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »