Home

Current Gen CPU/CPU

This is a discussion on Current Gen CPU/CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2021, 09:48 PM   #33
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Current Gen CPU/CPU

Has been competitive, I am currently testing sim.

Competitive has many positives but games began to feel a little stale and repetitive, which is why I’m testing sim now.

So far liking it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-20-2021, 01:42 AM   #34
Rookie

I felt like with competitive bad teams were able to beat good teams or have closer games than you would expect.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:29 AM   #35
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Lol, funny you say that because I was feeling just the opposite! Ah Madden!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2021, 12:00 PM   #36
Rookie

I mean I was playing as the KC Chiefs, so my Def wasn't the best. I had 75 or so rated QBs throwing for over 300 yards on me. The only thing I noticed between sim and competitive is in competitive there are barely any penalties and punts go way further lol.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:08 PM   #37
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Yeah, penalties and injuries are much less! Also fewer sacks. Just had a game on sim where my team had 9 sacks....about ready to give up on madden for the season

Old 03-21-2021, 06:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Did you give up on Madden yet? If not just wondering if you are still using sim or if you went back to competitive?
Old 03-21-2021, 08:48 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1
Current Gen CPU/CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Yeah, penalties and injuries are much less! Also fewer sacks. Just had a game on sim where my team had 9 sacks....about ready to give up on madden for the season

I’m on NG so not sure how this will apply to CG, but try raising QBA to 65. Everything else default including all penalties: INJ/Fatigue/Speed, except INT; put INT at 30. All-Pro. Cpu vs cpu. 9min qtr no acc clock. Disable throw away trait for all QBs. Any scrambler, sense pressure to average and balance force passes. QB style trait to pocket. (This is geared towards reducing the scrambling frequency, which can lead to cheap sacks. QBs will still run and be effective but more in the 5-7 scrambles per gm range)

What’s worked for me to reduce sacks is raising QBA. Appears to improve cpu QB awareness more than anything, including pocket awareness. Thanks to Playmakers for suggesting the higher QBA. Just watched a yr one game between Jaguars and packers. 1 total sack. Next gm saints niners. Two total sacks. QBS get rid of the ball more intelligently with higher awareness. Cpu comp % is fine, but it really makes getting pressure on the qb a priority otherwise you best have great coverage guys or good to great QBs can pick you apart.

Edit: Though I haven’t done any testing or made any changes, the qb throwing style may also play a role in sacks. Slinger1 is Rodgers and he has a lightening fast release. The animation for some throwing styles are slower than others. Some are faster. Setting styles to one of the faster animations may also help as seen here:

https://www.muthead.com/forums/mut-d...-with-numbers/

Last edited by bakersville123; 03-21-2021 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »