Home

M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu?

This is a discussion on M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M22 - cpu vs cpu - too many short throws from cpu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
The same yearly reminder still applies...sliders will only take you so far. The player ratings being adjusted is a critical element is getting realism on the field.

Many do not like to edit ratings due to future draft classes coming in, but if you do, you will see a much better game...especially in cpu vs cpu.

C
hey capa, I'm definitely willing to edit ratings. what exactly do you mean by that?
Old 08-19-2021, 03:34 PM   #18
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
The same yearly reminder still applies...sliders will only take you so far. The player ratings being adjusted is a critical element is getting realism on the field.

Many do not like to edit ratings due to future draft classes coming in, but if you do, you will see a much better game...especially in cpu vs cpu.

C
I disagree, been doing pretty good without having to mess with ratings, it's a choice but not critical.
CPU vs CPU anyway, I don't know about User

Last edited by cdcool; 08-19-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

You can get close but usually it's a house if cards. Correct sensible player ratings have a huge effect on gameplay. Iteachpercussion has shown all of us that.

Using both approaches in tandem is the ultimate solution and one that I recommend. But ratings are a critical component to realism and not having to constantly adjust slider settings.

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I disagree, been doing pretty good without having to mess with ratings, it's a choice but not critical.
Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2021, 03:47 PM   #20
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
You can get close but usually it's a house if cards. Correct sensible player ratings have a huge effect on gameplay. Iteachpercussion has shown all of us that.

Using both approaches in tandem is the ultimate solution and one that I recommend. But ratings are a critical component to realism and not having to constantly adjust slider settings.

C

Not messing with Ratings no need to, EA does a good job with its rating scheme to reflect the actual player, why mess that up, if you don't have to and you don't CPU vs CPU. Adjusting Slider settings are not constant and getting better every year since Madden 2019. It's the same with the Ratings if you wanna play with them until the game settles down from EA changes.

Last edited by cdcool; 08-19-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #21
Banned

I disagree. Let's leave it at that. We are just in two different camps.

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Not messing with Ratings no need to, EA does a good job with its rating scheme to reflect the actual player, why mess that up, if you don't have to and you don't CPU vs CPU. Adjusting Slider settings are not constant and getting better every year since Madden 2019. It's the same with the Ratings if you wanna play with them until the game settles down from EA changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #22
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
I disagree. Let's leave it at that. We are just in two different camps.

C

Yes we are
Old 08-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 6

You got to mix slider knowledge with ratings knowledge to get the most out of madden. Ea has got better with ratings, but they’re still not where they need to be. They dont even know how their ratings work.

Quote:

C

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-19-2021, 06:58 PM   #24
Banned

Agreed. Looking forward to your work this year on CPU vs CPU...as always.

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
You got to mix slider knowledge with ratings knowledge to get the most out of madden. Ea has got better with ratings, but they’re still not where they need to be. They dont even know how their ratings work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »