Home

The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on NGen

This is a discussion on The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on NGen within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2021, 11:30 PM   #57
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcorr19
I’m going to give these sliders a try tomorrow, they look great! I just had a quick question. Do you input these sliders in the main menu and then load them or do you do it inside of Franchise Mode? I’ve seen people on other threads say it makes a big difference.
I can honestly say it doesn’t make a difference. I put them in the main screen and then click Y (on Xbox) to import them into franchise mode.

So essentially both will then say the same
Old 09-02-2021, 02:13 AM   #58
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Re: The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on N

Version 3 of this slider set is coming this weekend. Thank you for all the feedback either via here or for those of you who have DM'd me, all of it is immensely valuable.

Areas which have been tweaked include QB accuracy for AM, and ensuring there is a more realistic number of sacks and fumbles.
Old 09-03-2021, 03:34 AM   #59
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I'm playing these with INTs turned down for human.

I'll see how we go with the new patch. I see too many AI fumbles, but think that could be due to the progressive fatigue issue that has HBs missing and reserves playing more snaps than they should.
Old 09-04-2021, 07:19 AM   #60
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

For the fumbles I’d make sure that your ball carrier is set to conservative which you do in the coach adjustments screen.

This weekend we’ve got V3 of the sliders coming, I’ve tried to implement all your feedback and I’ve finally adjusted the speed parity to a level I like. Big thanks to armour and sword as his sliders really helped me get to grips with the speed threshold.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:07 AM   #61
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

FMDG Progressive Madden 22 Slider Set V3

Version 3 sees us make some big changes to the FMDG progressive slider set. I've spent a lot of hours since the last update playing other slider sets across the operation sports community to see what works and what doesn't in both mine and theirs.

So before we get into the new slider set, I want to say a big thank you to everyone who contributes on here, whilst we may differ on our sliders we are all here to make Madden a more enjoyable game. So hats off guys.

Lets get into it!

Version 3 - Changes

Player Speed Parity Scale
The first and most important change is the change to speed parity scale. I have left this at 50 until now, but after playing some other slider sets I've realised that this I'm missing a trick. I tried both moving this to 90 and 75, and for me personally I believe 75 is the ideal rating.

Quarter length & Accelerated Clock
Second big step change for the slider set, and hats off to Matt10 for spotting this. I've always used longer quarter lengths and then used the accelerated clock to make it playable, but in doing this you do indeed stop the CPU from making adjustments to your attacking play. So like Matt I've found that a 10 min quarter with no accelerated clock creates a more tactical game, for both HUM and CPU. Trust me, try it.

QB Accuracy
Everyone's favourite slider this one. The changes I've made are to help reflect the difference in difficulty whilst remaining realistic. Biggest change is on True Madden which sees it change to 45-31 (HUM/CPU). Ultimate Pro & Mid Madden have both seen minor tweaks

Pass Blocking
Pass blocking and run blocking seem to be the areas where the community as a whole is very divided. Personally I find that lowering this too much just creates a crazy amount of sacks. So across all difficulties I've tried to keep this around 50.

Run Blocking
Second of the divisive areas. On All-Pro I find the run blocking for the CPU needs to be massively higher than the HUM, but on All-Madden this isn't the case. So I've amended the sliders to reflect this difference, I know since making this choice it's stopped me getting pancaked on AM.

Fumbles
Thanks to community feedback I've raised this now across the board to try and stop this crazy amount of fumbles in Madden 22!

Pass Defence Reaction Time / Pass Coverage
Nope this isn't a typo, you're reading it right it does say 5! I know what you're thinking, that can't work, coverage is broken so why make it worse. I know I thought the same, so much in fact that before playing Matt10's sliders I was running with coverage numbers in the 70-80 range.

But then I gave it a go and my mind was altered. In my experience whilst the theory makes sense that improving the defence reaction time would help reduce the coverage issues still in M22 it doesn't. What it does instead is create god like defence who stick to wide receivers like glue.

So I'm not even going to hide it here, I used Matts sliders and thought I need this in mine, and since switching I'm seeing some great results. Defenders don't just stand there like morons but they no longer have superman like reflexes, so if you put the wrong scheme in place against and offence you're going to get punished, and likewise you can do the same to the CPU.

People may disagree with it, and I understand that, but try it.

Other Changes
Some other minor tweaks included adjusting the interceptions, the injuries and the fatigue levels to help with the overall stats within the game.

Summary
So in summary version 3 is probably our most bold version yet. I've made some big changes but ones I personally believe help give this set a much more rounded feel. I was beginning to lose faith with Madden but since playing with these I am enjoying the game again.

as always please do give feedback and I'd love to hear what people think about the changes and the devise areas

Last edited by supersonician; 09-05-2021 at 04:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #62
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Played 2 games on Mid Madden with the latest update. Beat the Chiefs as the Cowboys 45-31, moved the ball at will on the ground and had a bend but don’t break on defense. Then beat the Raiders 31-16, closer game until the end when I broke it open. Overall Mahomes and Carr didn’t have stupid completion percentages that I was used to. Offensively I felt like I could do what I wanted but did have some turnovers which kept the games close. May try True Madden next
Old 09-06-2021, 11:04 PM   #63
Rookie

I get my sliders from here every year and this is an awesome thread. Love the idea of difficulty tiers. I always thought AP COULD get too easy and AM could make me hate football. Just today I was fired in my online franchise after we moved the difficulty to all madden (with slider adjustments) after winning coach of the year the previous season but getting crushed in the first round of the playoffs on All Pro. (I was the falcons)

A few questions from a fellow slider nut.

From your experience and perspective, does changing the main menu sliders have an effect on the franchise sliders? (I've seen, and used, sets that say to keep them the same or have them different).

What's the best way to input them into franchise? Load them in? Manually input them?

When updates come out should you make the changes to the current sliders as is? Or reset them and load in the updated ones?

Thanks for any and all replies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-10-2021, 12:01 AM   #64
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
Played 2 games on Mid Madden with the latest update. Beat the Chiefs as the Cowboys 45-31, moved the ball at will on the ground and had a bend but don’t break on defense. Then beat the Raiders 31-16, closer game until the end when I broke it open. Overall Mahomes and Carr didn’t have stupid completion percentages that I was used to. Offensively I felt like I could do what I wanted but did have some turnovers which kept the games close. May try True Madden next
How did the true madden test go?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »