Home

The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on NGen

This is a discussion on The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on NGen within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2021, 12:03 AM   #65
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on N

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddiestduck
I get my sliders from here every year and this is an awesome thread. Love the idea of difficulty tiers. I always thought AP COULD get too easy and AM could make me hate football. Just today I was fired in my online franchise after we moved the difficulty to all madden (with slider adjustments) after winning coach of the year the previous season but getting crushed in the first round of the playoffs on All Pro. (I was the falcons)

A few questions from a fellow slider nut.

From your experience and perspective, does changing the main menu sliders have an effect on the franchise sliders? (I've seen, and used, sets that say to keep them the same or have them different).

What's the best way to input them into franchise? Load them in? Manually input them?

When updates come out should you make the changes to the current sliders as is? Or reset them and load in the updated ones?

Thanks for any and all replies

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Good questions

So first one does the sliders affect franchise mode, no but I always set mine outside of franchise mode anyway so I can just important nice and easily, but other than making it easier to import an it doesn’t effect anything.

Update wise it depends on the update. If they massively change something then yes you’ll need to adapt but I think in reality we all have our personal preference for how we want the game to play and feel so as long as it stills doing that then I wouldn’t change a thing.

It’s why this V3 of the sliders set I’m looking to keep now for a while. So less tinkering and more just enjoying this set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2021, 12:42 AM   #66
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Re: The Franchise Mode Discussion Group's - Progressive M22 Slider Set for AP/AM on N

How’s everyone else finding the sliders? All feedback is welcomed
Old 09-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #67
Rookie

Was there a significant increase in difficulty of hum run block after the update? I remember run block was near 10 and now near default. I am asking because i am just now downloading the update and am wondering if i need to get that slider back near default or keep it down around 15 where i have it.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:30 PM   #68
Rookie

Ultimate Pro feels very good for me, may try Mid Madden soon. Thanks for the sliders.
Old 09-18-2021, 09:26 PM   #69
Banned

Once you get the right sliders and adjusting the game actually plays very realistic and fun. I wish it did this out of the box though. I’m going to create some sliders and take a little insight from a few slider makers and make my own.
Old 10-02-2021, 02:20 AM   #70
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

This is some quality stuff here. How the hell did this end up buried into page 2????
Old 10-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #71
Rookie

I gave the Ultimate Pro set a try and had some good results. The only change I made was bumping Fatigue up to 70 as I like seeing a heavier fatigue hit on longer drives and in the 4th quarter.

I played as the Rams versus the Chargers in preseason week 1 and ended up winning 34-3. One game doesn’t make up much of a sample size so I’m not sure yet if I’ll need to bump this up to Mid Madden just yet.

Things I noticed:

Gameplay felt great at 75 threshold. There were big plays to be had and speed guys could still do damage, but at this level, everyone is mutantly fast, and this felt natural.

Human run game felt good, broke a few good runs, good balance here.

I love the tuned down secondary. My biggest problem with default all pro is that the defensive cpu AI is psychic. They would peel off coverages blindly to pick off passes they couldn’t even see. This felt a lot more realistic as out of positions DBs were just out of position and couldn’t make unrealistic plays.

WR drops felt good. Contested jump balls weren’t automatically going to the CPU WR 100% of the time like on default all pro. My DBs could actually break up jump balls.

CPU QB AI feels good. Herbert played well for the first quarter and Chase Daniel played like a backup with around 50% completion. Daniels did push the ball downfield a few times for big gains.

Pressure from Bosa in the first quarter was immense. I struggled passing in the first with Stafford and it felt realistic and not unfair. I actually faired better passing with Wolford in the 2nd and 3rd due to the defensive backups being in. I put in Perkins in the 4th and noticed a much higher accuracy drop off but I did have the scrambling ability to counter that.

Overall I really like this set, it seems to mesh with how I play the game. Although one preseason game isn’t the greatest sample due to all the subs being in it still felt good. I felt like I was in control and not getting hosed by psychic AI.

Do you have progressive season fatigue turned on or off? I have it turned off due to all the negative feedback I’ve been reading regarding CPU practice management.

I’m gonna stick with Ultimate Pro for the foreseeable future and have more feedback once I get some reg season games in.

Edit:

I restarted the coach franchise with the Rams after realizing I could’ve started the preseason with the active nfl preseason roster as opposed to the current reg season rosters. So I’m going into the season with the 75 man preseason squads with prior injuries turned off. Every team gets a clean slate to start the franchise.

I played the Chargers pre season week 1 on ultimate pro (fatigue tweaked to 70) and progressive fatigue turned off. This time I lost 27-24. The game felt really good with these sliders. I had a much tougher time because I was putting in third and fourth stringers in the second half and the Chargers being the CPU stuck with the second stringers.

Overall really really good stuff here. I look forward to more testing and I’ll be back after a few reg season games to give more feedback.

Last edited by nightRAMcometh; 10-03-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: More information
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2021, 10:04 AM   #72
Rookie

A wild week 1 with the Rams vs Bears.

Box Score:

Qtr 1 (Rams 14, Bears 0)
Qtr 2 (Rams 7, Bears 14)
Qtr 3 (Rams 3, Bears 14)
Qtr 4 (Rams 14, Bears 13)

Final (Rams 38, Bears 41)

Stats

Fields (142.5 RTG, 29/38, 461 yards, 3 TD/0 INT)
Stafford (104.1 RTG, 28/40, 380 yards, 3 TD/2 INT)

Montgomery (16 ATT, 64 yards, 4.0 AVG)
Akers (16 ATT, 66 yards, 4.1 AVG, 1 TD)

Graham (9 REC, 160 yards, 17.7 AVG, 2 TD)
Mooney (7 REC, 185 yards, 26.4 AVG, 1 TD)

Woods (8 REC, 107 yards, 13.3 AVG, 1 TD)
Jackson (7 REC, 94 yards, 13.4 AVG, 1 TD)

Williams (8 TCKL)
Donald (7 TCKL, 2 SACK, 1 FF)
Reeder (7 TCKL)

Mack (4 TCKL, 2 SACK, 1 FF)
Hicks (6 TCKL, 1.5 SACK)
Trufant (6 TCKL, 1 INT)
Jackson (8 TCKL, 1 INT)

Sheesh what an absolute disaster of an opener for me. I probably could’ve won but I threw two pick sixes and I never could really get back out in front. I somehow managed a fumble recovery for a TD to tie the game, but Fields morphed into Brady and drove the Bears downfield at will for the winning FG.

I’m not sure how to feel about this one. Fields absolutely destroyed me. If this is what a 74 OVR rookie QB is capable of I don’t know how I’m going to survive the season. I got absolutely obliterated. He was robo QB for the vast majority of the game and had a 90% comp rate until later into the 4th quarter. I’m not asking for easy wins but Jesus, his stat line is absurd for a rookie debut.

The running game felt pretty good, and I only felt like I was hosed on one of the INTs I threw. One was a bad, flustered pass to into coverage, the other one Trufant blindly peeled off his coverage during my button press that seemed pretty suspect to me.

Defensively I just couldn’t stop this guy. Whenever he needed the big play or a drive he got it. Mixing up man vs zones, blitzes, fake blitzes, nothing worked. Again, not asking for easy Ws but it felt like my entire defense was simply a non factor the entire game. Donald was a non factor, Ramsey was a non factor, it felt like my defense was just obstacles on the field for the Bears to run around.

Passing for me felt pretty good though. Aside from the two picks I felt like the passing game was fair.

Not sure if I’m going to progress with these though, that stat line for Fields is just way too out there and does not bode well when I go up against Brady, or Wilson tier QBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »