Home

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 09:40 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

=================================
Slider Update Log
=================================
8/30/2021: It's been a long day of testing. After playing a lot of current-gen on my PS5, it's been hard to really enjoy last-gen(PC, Stadia), but today I actually enjoyed the games I played. I think the first couple versions I released were testers and trying my best to keep things near default, but also exploring some out of the box values. The following version 4 is taking in a lot of what I've learned over the past week or so and it's been tested quite extensively through each environment (currentgen, last-gen, offline and online franchise). Ironically enough, some of the base values are what I would've deemed close to my unpublished Version ZERO, where I was loving 75 threshold + 75 fatigue, but scrapped it in thinking the fatigue was a glitch and everything that was good with 75 threshold was relative to that value. Turns out I was wrong-ish. For the most part, I didn't want to modify a whole bunch of penalty values, and not go drastic with gameplay sliders either. Unfortunately, it's another year of Madden where animations don't match the slider value, so I have to build sets off of the positional perception. Such as a low QBA vs a perceived low pass coverage and reaction doesn't mean the CPU QB won't try to throw deep - and doesn't mean the secondary won't challenge the ball in the air on that deep throw.

The intent with Version 4 is have All-Madden play realistically, but challenging. I want the CPU QB to be the star/villain of the show accordingly. What is put in front of his face is how his ratings will match up to the moment. There are multiple values that help to create this effect, and they are roll into a really entertaining, varied, game of Madden 22. I would always say to give it more than one game, facing different types of QBs.

With Version 4 of the All-Pro set, I really wanted to get the overall offense to put up a fight, and the defense to stop giving up weird angles in their pursuit. It's too easy at times to run straight at a defender, and slightly turn backwards at an angle, then forward to avoid them. With this set, those are much more tricky, but not to the point that every single DB can make a momentum stopping tackle on the likes of Derrick Henry.

The threshold change has allowed the coverage to remain tighter, but also given enough time to make a play on the ball. Same goes offensively, which stresses even more accuracy needed to complete passes. I wanted to also ensure there was a chance that big plays were rewarded and not tracked down each and every time. If there's a receiver lined up against a slow LB, I want it to be exploited. Same with height differences throughout. Making those throws when the receiver has 5-yards should be on point, but the close-down rate by the secondary should make the QB second-guess the throw. Basically, establish more chess games in play.

Now, I know there are some wonky values with Reaction and Pass Coverage. I've already given my thoughts on Pass Coverage, but I'll go about it again. If you start at 50, you will see over-coverage, or defenders constantly being wrong footed. On currentgen, they even run around the receiver first before making a play. I scaled this from 50 all the way down to 5. With the threshold at 75, DPI at 75 and an increase in CPU QB pressure, the pass coverage has go to be 'right there' with the receivers. Only speed/acc and agility, basically getting free, are the ratings that allow the receiver to get loose. On All-Madden, the CPU QB will attempt to expose this, but with the low QBA, the pressure, etc, they won't 100% be successful every time. In regards to the Pass Def Reaction, it's the same way essentially. With it high, such as 50, they choose not do anything. Their reaction is to wait and tackle. I wanted that to be less of a priority in respect to just breaking on the ball between the QB and the receiver. Even if the tackle is timed to knock the ball loose, I'm happy with that - especially on curentgen, since that pass deflection animation is not as common as currentgen.

I also dropped the fatigue even further down, to a somewhat reliable 52. It's not the most ideal as I mentioned above, I love high fatigue (75 was my favorite), but the issue with players not returning was too annoying - and frankly, skewing, for slider testing.

Lastly, Intentional Grounding Off isn't a random choice. However, whenever I turn it on, I have to basically start near default on the other penalty sliders - so values that were Off previously, are back On. Since the biggest issue we see with All-Madden, and even All-Pro, is the QB play, there has to be an element that controls how they choose what throws to make. I want them to keep plays alive in a realistic fashion, but also not be afraid to throw away. In the battle of RoboQb, and the fact that Intentional Grounding rarely gets called anyways, I don't see anything wrong with turning this value off completely.

So, here's Version 4 after a long writeup. Apologies to those who wanted it out sooner. I just had more testing to do - and honestly wasn't feeling good the majority of the last two days (Kansas heat+humidity = migraine for days). I do feel good about this set for both difficulties and each environment. Hopefully we can get a patch soon that doesn't affect things too badly - but definitely brings back penalties as I do miss them quite a bit.

Enjoy!

(*Note: I've gone ahead and removed previous version(s) summaries as the Version 4 set is built on its own, and some references wouldn't make sense.)

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this set. Make sure to edit the sliders in the main menu, then import the sliders in franchise.

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders - Version 4

Game Options

Skill Level: All-Madden | All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation
Quarter Length: 9 minutes
Accelerated Clock: Off
System: Current Gen (PS5, XB Series X), Last Gen (PC, PS4, Stadia)
Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)
Auto-subs: Default
Superstar Abilities: On | Personal Preference

--------------------------------------------------
Summary (Version 4): Same comments here for Version 4. Staying with the approach of the accelerated clock off. I still feel like the CPU approaches games differently here. With the idea of momentum such a driving force in nextgen, it makes more sense that the game not be sped up and give more opportunities to change at the LOS. I've noticed the CPU, especially on AM, will take advantage of my assumptions when I adjust coverages. Just little things like that that play into the chess game.

*Note* I haven't tested in coach mode or CPU v CPU. I honestly do not plan on it. I really enjoyed playing on straight default in these modes. I think the impact of user input plays a big role to what the CPU will do, which is why default on those modes may be best. I trust someone much more dedicated in those modes regardless though.

Gameplay Helpers

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off
Defensive Ball Hawk: Off
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Player Sliders

Injuries: 12
Fatigue: 52 (previous: 55)
Speed Disparity Scale: 75 (previous: 90)

Summary (Version 4): Threshold goes from 90 to 75, and I honestly couldn't be happier with it. Yes, 90 played well, but 90 also prevented any real big plays from happening. One cut-back and the entire LB/DL are running alongside your RB/WR. In addition, the threshold allows the coverage to react in-time versus be so close that they are handcuffed in performing an animation other than tackling the ball carrier/receiver. Fatigue at 52 to see if there's a balance of keeping the starting RB in the whole game without dissappearing - although it may just be a bug at this point. Feel free to put it at 50 if needed.

Gameplay Sliders

////All-Madden USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 42/30 (previous: 42/40)
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 45/45
Run Blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 60/60
Pass Defensive Reaction: 5/5 (previous: 50/50)
Interceptions: 15/10 (previous: 18/18)
Pass Coverage: 5/5
Tackling: 48/48

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 4): The composition of this set is built around the fatigue and threshold, so from there it's about identifying the issues with the game. The main item that stood out for me was interceptions. Too many of them, too many canned animations of them as well. So the values of interceptions and pass coverage played a role there. For pass coverage, I've used the concept of defenders staying focused to their assignment. If the value goes up, their field of view increases and more distractions can occur. The reason I have this at 5, instead of 1, is because the threshold is above 50, which means there's less separation and I still need a bit of separation so the receiver and defender to perform their animations without warping into each other.

////All-Pro USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 40/50 (previous: 40/40)
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 45/52 (previous: 50/50)
Run Blocking: 45/52 (previous: 50/50)
Fumbles: 60/70 (previous: 60/60)
Pass Defensive Reaction: 5/5 (previous: 50/50)
Interceptions: 15/25 (previous: 20/25)
Pass Coverage: 5/5 (previous: 20/5)
Tackling: 46/55 (previous: 48/55)

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 4): So in this version I really wanted to give the AP set a go, and basically make it play like a toned-down All-Madden. The importance is making it challenging offensively, without being arcade-like. The interceptions are still a threat, but not automatic.

Penalties

Offside: 65
False Start: 65
Offensive Holding: 65
Facemask: 55 (previous: 50)
Defensive Pass Interference: 75 (50)
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: On (previous: Off)
Offensive Pass Interference: On (previous: Off)
Kick Catch Interference: On (previous: Off)
Illegal Block in the Back: 50
Intentional Grounding: Off (previous: On)
Roughing the Passer: 30 (previous: 50)
Roughing the Kicker: On
Running into the Kicker: On
Illegal Contact: On

Summary (Version 4): The most significant value here is the lowering of Roughing the Passer (RTP). One of my favorite penalty adjustments to get pressure on the CPU QB. This is what builds up their perception of what is in front of them, without lowering the blocking slider values too significantly either. The other values are turned back on to make up for the adjustment to Intentional Grounding being turned off. IG controls QB play, and in my opinion it keeps the QB engaged in keeping the play alive - which is the balancing act of increasing pressure on them. It basically separates the elite from the subpar, but also brings unpredictability to the game.

Last edited by Matt10; 08-30-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:23 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Only issue I have with is the fumbles My last game on V3 forced 7 TOs(6 FFs 1 Int) I'm sure it's a bug but I lowered user fumbles at 40 just to test it out hopefully i won't see alot of force fumbles (using the hit stick) but keep AI fumbles at 70

Hopefully fatigue is at the right spot tired of seeing My star players not disappear all game turned off progressive fatigue lets see if that helps

Looking forward to V4 on AP

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2021, 01:36 AM   #75
Rookie

Matt, when you池e testing do you use offline or online franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 05:12 AM   #76
Banned

V4 definitely the best right now loss my first game of the season vs Buffalo 27-17

Josh Allen was killing me with his play scrambling around finding open guys it almost felt like him I'm RL he did go for 22 out of 36 231 yards passing only 1 TD AI run game was great they ran the ball 18 times 113 total rushing yards

V4 sliders on AP is almost on key only slides I adjusted my self was the Fumbles & Run blocking

Fumbles at 50 & R.B at 40

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2021, 06:52 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillySpecials
Matt, when you池e testing do you use offline or online franchise?
I test both online and offline, and on current/past gen.
Old 08-31-2021, 06:59 AM   #78
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Trying out the newest all madden set right now. I知 laid off for a week because of a part shortage at my Ram plant so I知 definitely not complaining.

As far as the camera go Matt.. do you test on the standard camera and is that your choice as far as playing the game?
Old 08-31-2021, 07:05 AM   #79
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Trying out the newest all madden set right now. I知 laid off for a week because of a part shortage at my Ram plant so I知 definitely not complaining.

As far as the camera go Matt.. do you test on the standard camera and is that your choice as far as playing the game?
I remember watching a few clips he posted awhile back and he was indeed playing on the standard camera.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-31-2021, 07:17 AM   #80
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent at Best
I remember watching a few clips he posted awhile back and he was indeed playing on the standard camera.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
I知 ok with standard on offense but on defense I just never been a fan of playing defense from that angle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »