Home

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
By far it's the number one issue I'm working on. The interceptions are out of control. For now, you can lower INT to 10 (lowest 5) and it will help lower those. However, the animation won't improve, it'll just be more brickhands than pass deflections.
I’ll check it out!
Old 08-26-2021, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
By far it's the number one issue I'm working on. The interceptions are out of control. For now, you can lower INT to 10 (lowest 5) and it will help lower those. However, the animation won't improve, it'll just be more brickhands than pass deflections.
I feel your pain man. In general I feel AM this year is massively overpowered. The CPU is just mental.

QB’s with 80-95% completions
Breaking tackles constantly
And like you say interception magnets 🧲

I’m thinking we’re better just making all pro harder. Rather than playing on all madden
Old 08-26-2021, 04:35 PM   #35
Rookie

Just played a preseason exhibition game with the All-Madden sliders (do sliders carry over on this mode?) on the 6 min quarters as the Patriots vs WFT.

Pretty high completion percentage on both sides.

Final: WAS 14 @ NE 17

Newton: 4/4, 37 yards, 1 TD
Jones: 18/21, 188 yards

Fitzpatrick: 2/2, 75 yards, 1 TD
K. Allen: 5/12, 84 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int (guy was chucking bombs at the end of the game playing catchup)

NE: 99 rushing yards on 23 attempts
WAS: 23 rushing yards on 6 attempts

No penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

=================================
Slider Update Log
=================================
8/26/2021: The minute I realized that Version 2 was on the right track is when my 20th game as the Texans against Mayfield and the Browns had a different feel completely. First thing that happened was Mayfield stopped throwing those timing passes where my secondary had zero time to react to, and another was when his incompletions were sailing over, under and beyond. In addition, there was a much more balance to the type of throws he tried. He threw deep, threw into tighter windows and even tried across his body. On the other side of the ball, not every single pass seemed like it was going to be a pick 6. If I lofted the ball up, it wasn't always going to be an unrealistic pick animation from the DB. If I threw right at the defender, it wasn't always going to be a pick. It's like the game had finally gotten back in sync with the slider values.

So, the sliders. The very first change isn't a gameplay slider at all, it's the clock. Turn off accelerated clock. Just turn it off alltogether. As a result, I went from 12 mins, 20 accel to a reliable 9 minutes flat. With this change alone, I could see the difference. I could feel the difference. The way the Browns set up their offense was less about just taking what I gave them, and it was more so about them actually having a gameplan. It was more purposeful. I could just sense that they were taking their time and exploring their playbook more. So many different types of throws, so I also threw out different types of coverages. I just felt like they earned their yards and their points. I was rewarded with a reall good performance of keeping them scoreless in the first half. Ended up losing 14-7, with Mayfield just barely getting to 70% comp. Note: I'm in the middle of a game right as I type this, where Darnold is 7-16, 157 yds and 2 TDs - a 43% comp. Those 2 TD's were bombs.

Here's one:

Unfortunately, my recorder wouldn't work on my Stadia, for last gen, so I couldn't get replays. But in that one I'm up against Rodgers, who has thrown 2 picks to my 49ers secondary. He's still incredible and able to throw on the run. I'll see if I can get some video clips.

So, clock, changed. This is absolutely a requirement going forward. Next, sliders, some very slight, some a bit much.

Threshold is going from 55 to 35. I need the receivers to get the advantage in a world where the DBs tend to get to the ball first. With this change, the receiver now has the upper hand, but I balance it out with turning off Illegal Contact, which allows the DB to get a body on the receiver during the routes run.

Threshold change isn't just to give the receivers the edge, it's also to get the football to loosen itself a bit more from its destination. At higher threshold, while buttery smooth animations, the ball can often times reach the players, whether a receiver or defender, too directly. With the lower threshold, now it opens up a bit, the ball can go anywhere - and it respects the QB accuracy a lot more - and within context (under pressure vs not). As a result, the CPU QB passing variety increases dramatically. Especially as the user's coverage improves.

So, I've updated to Version 2. Give it a go. Turn off the accelerated clock, drop it to 9 minutes, threshold to 35 and illegal contact off. That's it. Enjoy!

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this set. Make sure to edit the sliders in the main menu, then import the sliders in franchise.

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders - Version 2

Game Options

Skill Level: All-Madden | All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation
Quarter Length: 9 minutes (previous: 12 minutes)
Accelerated Clock: Off (previous: 20 secs)
System: Current Gen (PS5, XB Series X), Last Gen (PC, PS4, Stadia)
Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)
Auto-subs: Default
Superstar Abilities: On | Personal Preference

--------------------------------------------------
Summary (Version 2): I have to say, the difference of accelerated clock on vs off is significant. The way the CPU approaches the game is much more in sync, and as a result, the user's defense is given more strength in the gameplan.

Summary (Version 1): I have tested on both current gen and last gen, and thankfully a lot of the values carry over. I started testing in current gen first, and yes the benefits of the animations are definitely better overall. I think it's just a better experience, but at the same time, past gen is more familiar - and isn't plagued by the same two-man animation libraries. In terms of quarter length, this has just been my preference to get enough plays and a bit more strategy involved versus just snapping aimlessly, which is very easy to do when testing multiple games (especially of the same one).

*Note* I haven't tested in coach mode or CPU v CPU. I honestly do not plan on it. I really enjoyed playing on straight default in these modes. I think the impact of user input plays a big role to what the CPU will do, which is why default on those modes may be best. I trust someone much more dedicated in those modes regardless though.

Gameplay Helpers

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off
Defensive Ball Hawk: Off
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Summary (Version 1): I tested with Defensive Ball Hawk on vs off, and with it on it felt like there were more canned animations than I would like. Too many attempts to intercept the ball rather than swat or tackle first. Of course, other values come into play there, but those were the findings.

Player Sliders

Injuries: 12
Fatigue: 55
Speed Disparity Scale: 35 (previous: 55)

Summary (Version 2): I have to say, the difference of accelerated clock on vs off is significant. The way the CPU approaches the game is much more in sync, and as a result, the user's defense is given more strength in the gameplan.

Summary (Version 1): I bumped injuries just a bit because I felt there weren't enough as I went through the season. Granted, I had not modified any off-field values, so that is down to user preference. Fatigue and Disparity Scale (threshold) are the most important values of the set. Go too high in fatigue and the CPU's running back doesn't show up in the second half. They will show if you choose to simulate the first half though, but if you play all the way through, they rarely come back. I loved having fatigue as high as 75 - but for the running back not returning issue, I had to compromise. Threshold, or disparity scale, is essential to the set in keeping everything structured without warping animations like it would on lower values. I tested and scaled in 5 point increments. On the low end, I loved 35, on the high end I wanted 75 to be real. unfortunately, 35 too much warping and 75 not much separation.

Gameplay Sliders

////All-Madden USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 42/40
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 45/45
Run Blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 60/60
Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/50
Interceptions: 18/18
Pass Coverage: 5/5
Tackling: 48/48

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 1): The composition of this set is built around the fatigue and threshold, so from there it's about identifying the issues with the game. The main item that stood out for me was interceptions. Too many of them, too many canned animations of them as well. So the values of interceptions and pass coverage played a role there. For pass coverage, I've used the concept of defenders staying focused to their assignment. If the value goes up, their field of view increases and more distractions can occur. The reason I have this at 5, instead of 1, is because the threshold is above 50, which means there's less separation and I still need a bit of separation so the receiver and defender to perform their animations without warping into each other.

////All-Pro USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 40/40
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 50/50
Run Blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 60/60
Pass Defensive Reaction: 50/50
Interceptions: 20/25
Pass Coverage: 20/5
Tackling: 48/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 1): All-Pro difficulty is very enjoyable this year. The CPU is no longer a push-over. You can know that running the ball will be more of a challenge, and not feel like you have to pull punches because the CPU couldn't stop the run. In addition, they put up a fight, and stay in games. That's all we could ever ask for on AP. As a result, there are some values that just needed tweaking, and those, specifically Pass Coverage and INT, to use the same concepts from the All-Madden set.

Penalties

Offside: 50
False Start: 50
Offensive Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 75
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: Off
Offensive Pass Interference: Off
Kick Catch Interference (KRI): Off
Illegal Block in the Back: 50
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing the Passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker: On
Running into the Kicker: On
Illegal Contact: Off

Summary (Version 2): Illegal contact goes off in this case because it helps with the DBs to stick a bit more body on the receivers while the routes are being run. This helps with the balance of lowering threshold as the ball will be a lot more free so anyone can make a play on it.

Summary (Version 1): It's well documented that some penalties are not working right out of the gates. I have seen the odd one here and there. I turned off some notable ones to get some different animations. The offensive pass interference being off has allowed lessening of those two-man animations, and rather than raising receiver catching, it's brought in some interesting catches in traffic. That helps with the interceptions - but of course doesn't remove the possibility. Defensive pass interference was raised significantly to balance the tight coverage and improve the separation so those animations can play out even further. Other than that, the other significant value is Kick Catch Interference which in NexGen allows the CPU receiver to call for a fair catch, where as before they would catch and take the hit.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Lost 28-12 to the Panthers. O-Line for the Texans is super weak, but didn't help in making terrible throws to covered receivers.

Darnold struggled early, but those two bomb TDs helped.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #38
Rookie

JHG90's Arena

Long time FIFA player and returning Madden guy here - I've been following you long enough in your FIFA threads to know you don't do this for the kudos, but wanted to send some love your way for already making my Madden experience a lot better.
I'm a casual Aussie fan who struggles with the intricacies/reads of defensive coverages so you can imagine how bad my pick % is with 22's glue-handed approach ��.
Having to settle for check downs and turning my qb into an over scrambled egg has not been fun.

Q's:
I'm three games in and am yet to see a single flag - is that everyone's experience?

I forced 4 fumbles from the Pats with user stick last game, is the stick OP or are fumbles just a bit broken atm? My FOTF guy loves dropping the soap as he's about to throw.

Thanks in advance from a STILL locked-down Melbournian.

Last edited by JHG90; 08-26-2021 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:54 AM   #39
Banned

Finished my game with V2 sliders ended up winning 47-13

I might need to go AM soon seems like AP is too easy but I'll fosho go AM next season

As for the V2 I definitely see increase my last game on V1 Matt Ryan threw over 500 yards kept passing the ball every play took him less than 3 seconds to get rid of it with V2 Cpu QB holds onto the ball a lil bit faced Cam he went 21-29 199 Yards 1 TD pretty nice to see

Fumbles is still an issue too easy forcing Fumbles defense can't really stop me on offense we'll see how next game goes

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2021, 09:05 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG90
Long time FIFA player and returning Madden guy here - I've been following you long enough in your FIFA threads to know you don't do this for the kudos, but wanted to send some love your way for already making my Madden experience a lot better.
I'm a casual Aussie fan who struggles with the intricacies/reads of defensive coverages so you can imagine how bad my pick % is with 22's glue-handed approach ��.
Having to settle for check downs and turning my qb into an over scrambled egg has not been fun.

Q's:
I'm three games in and am yet to see a single flag - is that everyone's experience?

I forced 4 fumbles from the Pats with user stick last game, is the stick OP or are fumbles just a bit broken atm? My FOTF guy loves dropping the soap as he's about to throw.

Thanks in advance from a STILL locked-down Melbournian.
Yeah, the no penalties issue is one of the biggest right now for M22. Hoping that a patch update will fix it soon.

The fumbles are a bit strange. You can raise this value higher if you are still experiencing that. I've had some hit stick ones, but also some strips and blind-side tackles that have been pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »