Home

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2021, 02:44 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Background: For me, sliders, or any type of gameplay customization, has been part of my life since I was a teenager. I do not exactly subscribe to the theory of how games are designed under certain environments, so messing with it will mess up the game. Rather, I believe in pushing games to a limit in which I can explore it, take what I need, and upcycle it back in for the public to use. In its most simplest form, the purpose of sliders are to either enhance the game or to fix its core issues. Each year when I spend time on a game, it's one or the other. After more than a decade doing this, you would think I'd be burnt out, but working in tech and seeing the tech presented to us as gamers is just too amazing not to be inspired.

Focus of the Sliders: Madden 22 has a solid foundation. It has playability, difficulty and incredible scale to modify. There are multiple slider enthusiasts on OS alone that have come up with theories, put in the hours and have truly owned their research. My focus is to do what I mentioned above, take what I can from Madden 22, and improve the base. To be fair, the game does not need that much modification. It does have some cracks in the pass defense and some canned animations that are a bit of an eye-sore. Through the progression of this thread, I am sure I'll obsess over each of them. As always, the sliders presented are a base of my findings, and by no means the "end all, be all".

I will most likely use some theories of the past Maddens, but may also explore some newer ones. I do not see myself asking anything that is out of the ordinary, or that can't be isolated with proof of concept. Even if a concept is proven elsewhere, it does not mean I need to absolutely go down that road - and neither do you. From modifying sliders here in the Madden side, I've also done the project manager job of the FIFA side - and there are only so many specific demands I can ask of the public before things go haywire.

In addition, I will have general summary of each section this year, as opposed to previous year of explaining every single value one-by-one. The reason for this is: 1) Time: it would take me hours to write up the explanation. With how fast we get patches (with the exception of OOTB), I was writing so much on a slider set version, only to have to write the complete opposite the next day (or day of!). It took way too long, and I just can't do that anymore. (2) Ease of reading: I am a junior level web developer and I've learned a lot about writing less code to do more. It's gotten into a lot of my approaches on things, and this thread will show that. It will start off bare bones, but eventually I will incorporate the website I'm working on and other ways to present the findings. Please note: just because a value sits at default 50, it doesn't mean I didn't test it. It would take way too long to explain what was tested - and why it was left alone.

So, you will see a simplified approach to what Madden 22 gives me, and I'll try my best to interpret it into building a solid base. I will do my best to update this thread, but just know with FIFA 22 around the corner, that will take some chunk of my time. I'm no longer a teenager with all the time in the world, just a 36-year old out of shape dad of 3 boys and a beautiful wife, who I remind I could be at a bar...instead of figuring out why the safety with 10 catch rating keeps trying to intercept the ball.

Thanks as always, take care, and stay tuned.

=================================
Slider Update Log
11/7/2021: As mentioned, this the part where I start to get a bit more picky on some values because the slider set is in such a good place. However, I did see some areas of concern, such as poor pursuit angles, CPU catching everything in traffic and some return of poor tackling animations (bear hug --> barrel roll).

These modifications for Version 9 have allowed everything return to a nice balance. The main culprit was the lower RTP, from 20 and now all the way back to 35. It's a sensitive value, and with the block-shedding improved, the RTP would just be too aggressive at low values like 20. At 35, it's more of a read & react, but still enough room to put pressure on the QB. The CPU QB on the AM set is altered too, where elite QBs find they have to focus on location, while lower quality QBs just want to keep plays alive or cut their losses - it just depends.

Overall, these last couple tweaks are right where I'm feeling the need to let it marinate, and won't be updating for a while. Enjoy!

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this set. Make sure to edit the sliders in the main menu, then import the sliders in franchise.

Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders - Version 9

Game Options

Skill Level: All-Madden | All-Pro
Game Style: Simulation
Quarter Length: 10 minutes (previous: 9 minutes)
Accelerated Clock: Off
System: Current Gen (PS5, XB Series X), Last Gen (PC, PS4, Stadia)
Rosters: EA Default (Active or Preseason)
Auto-subs: Default
Superstar Abilities: On | Personal Preference

--------------------------------------------------
Summary (Version 5): I've adjusted the quarter length for 10 minutes, from a previous 9 minutes. If I could have a 9.5 that'd be perfect, but even at 10 it's pretty good, with plenty of plays - without feeling rushed. In addition, because penalties are now working (hooray!) the big plays have a chance of being canceled out, or big plays can happen as a result of the penalties.

*Note* I haven't tested in coach mode or CPU v CPU. I honestly do not plan on it. I really enjoyed playing on straight default in these modes. I think the impact of user input plays a big role to what the CPU will do, which is why default on those modes may be best. I trust someone much more dedicated in those modes regardless though.

Gameplay Helpers

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off
Defensive Ball Hawk: Off
Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defensive Switch Assist: Off

Player Sliders

Injuries: 12
Fatigue: 72 (Previous: 70)
Speed Disparity Scale: 72 (Previous: 75)

Summary (Version 9): I wanted the fatigue back to get some more snaps for players, but I also needed to let some plays breathe a bit more - without modifying the gameplay sliders all that much. As a result, speed disparity scale gets bumped down from 75 to 72. This allows the penalty sliders and the tight coverage to do what they're meant to, while giving both offensive and defensive time to react.

Auto-Subs

WR,RB IN/OUT: 30/25

Summary (Version 6): I do not believe the Progressive Fatigue is still working the way it should, so I still recommend these autosubs + adding the WR, especially after big gains they need a breather.

Gameplay Sliders

////All-Madden USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 42/25 (Previous: 42/28)
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 45/42 (Previous: 45/45)
Run Blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 60/60
Pass Defensive Reaction: 5/5
Interceptions: 15/10
Pass Coverage: 10/20 (Previous: 35/30)
Tackling: 48/48

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 8 & 9): With the findings on Version 8, and the adjustments to fatigue/threshold of version 9, I had more time to see how a lower WR Catch for the CPU played out. What I liked was that the 50/50 balls are more true to that value rather than the CPU having a bit of an advantage. (Version 8): Pass Coverage concept of getting a bit tighter. It's not as tight as 5 was, but 10/20 respectively (from 35/30) should do just fine. Notice I even gave the user a bit more tighter compared to the CPU to help them a bit more on top of the receiver. This is mainly because I want them focused on their assignment, and with the newest update allowing better zone coverage - that meant the defenders would start to wander a bit earlier, rather than stick to their assignments. By lowering the PCV, they're focused and they are not going to get distracted as early, giving enough time - and momentum - to make a play. From a man coverage perspective, they have been able to stay right on the receivers, but the timing where the QB sets it up perfectly - leaving the defender in the dust, is not as effective because the QBA value has been lowered in the AM set to 25 (from 28).

////All-Pro USER/CPU

QB Accuracy: 40/50
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catch: 45/52
Run Blocking: 35/52
Fumbles: 60/70
Pass Defensive Reaction: 5/5
Interceptions: 15/25
Pass Coverage: 5/5
Tackling: 46/55

Special Teams

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 55/55
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

Summary (Version 6): The fatigue and penalties adjustments actually help solidify the All-Pro set overall. The lowering of the User RBL is simply to keep some of those sticky OL to have their blocks shed just a bit earlier - and that should happen more with the Offensive Holding penalty raised.

Penalties

Offside: 80
False Start: 80
Offensive Holding: 80
Facemask: 45 (previous: 50)
Defensive Pass Interference: 75
Ineligible Receiver Downfield: On
Offensive Pass Interference: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Illegal Block in the Back: 50
Intentional Grounding: Off
Roughing the Passer: 35 (Previous: 20)
Roughing the Kicker: On
Running into the Kicker: On
Illegal Contact: On

Summary (Version 8 & 9): It was noticeable that the adjustments to RTP was a bit much. It was just a bit too aggressive, and the adjustments to the Offside/Holding/False_start was more than enough to get that good block-shed. Saw some poor pursuit angles as well, even on 30, so instead of changing the Offside/FalseStart/Holding, I opted to raise the RTP to 35. It's done exactly what I wanted to help with those angles both on the ground and in the air as it's focused on getting more read & react versus instant aggression. Facemask adjusted a bit lower to help with some tackling animations that were an issue an update or so ago, in particular the act of a linebacker/lineman bear-hugging the ball carrier and slamming them backwards. Contextually makes sense if the player is stopped due to bodies in the way, but not when it should be a tackle from behind with momentum.
Video Archive
Version 4:
Spoiler

Version 2:
Spoiler

Slider Log Update - Archive

Version 8
Spoiler

Version 7
Spoiler

Version 6
Spoiler

Version 5
Spoiler

Version 4
Spoiler

Version 2
Spoiler

Version 2
Spoiler

Version 1

Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 11-07-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2021, 03:52 AM   #2
Rookie

supersonician's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 22 Sliders

Thanks Matt 👍🏻

Here’s to fellow 36 year olds 😂
Old 08-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #3
Banned

How come pass coverage is so low?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Rookie

nexuskk4's Arena

You are the real MVP man!
Old 08-24-2021, 11:05 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLASFan
How come pass coverage is so low?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
Matt addressed it in his explanation. Certainly goes against the grain but I can follow his logic. In my limited play time at default, I saw defenders (mostly safeties in zones) get locked on receivers that they really shouldn't be worried about (eg, playing Cover 2 and reacting to underneath routes in the LBs zones). Haven't played with Matt's settings yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
For pass coverage, I've used the concept of defenders staying focused to their assignment. If the value goes up, their field of view increases and more distractions can occur. The reason I have this at 5, instead of 1, is because the threshold is above 50, which means there's less separation and I still need a bit of separation so the receiver and defender to perform their animations without warping into each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

ayo im excited 2c u back on Matty Matt.. i used ur slider set all last year while running with the Bengals 7seasons straight with 2 AFC championship appearances but no Superbowl and no matter what i stilled enjoed every minute of it while playing on all-pro.. i would jus like 2c the Cpu take more shots down field but all-in-all ur the best hands down.. this year its either Bucs, Chargers or Pats... cant wait 2start my franchise with 1out of the 3... #matt10 #madden22 #damurgood
Old 08-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

Random question, should I have Live playbooks on or off? Does it make any difference?
Old 08-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #8
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I was worrie Matt wouldn't make a return for this game but Im glad he did. Can't wait to try these out later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »