Home

Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

This is a discussion on Anybody try Competitive over Simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2022, 09:26 PM   #25
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

Competitive has been such a game changer for me I doubt I'll ever go back to simulation.

Every game has been great and I'm really having a blast with my Jaguars CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2022, 10:02 PM   #26
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I tried 2 games with competitive, default sliders (well injury slider up to 50). Basically played 1 half to test it out and I didn’t have much time. First game I was dominating with no resistance from the cpu…second time it was nearly impossible to get yards, and then the DT intercepted from me and somehow ran faster than my wr…interesting stuff so far I guess
Old 01-17-2022, 10:04 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I tried 2 games with competitive, default sliders (well injury slider up to 50). Basically played 1 half to test it out and I didn’t have much time. First game I was dominating with no resistance from the cpu…second time it was nearly impossible to get yards, and then the DT intercepted from me and somehow ran faster than my wr…interesting stuff so far I guess
Did you play AM or AP pure default Competitive?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #28
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
Did you play AM or AP pure default Competitive?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
AM and yeah pure default, or only thing I changed was injury to 50..unless it’s already at 50 but yeah all default
Old 01-18-2022, 06:43 AM   #29
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes rest them in the sliders screen so injuries default to 50 as well.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:39 AM   #30
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

Quote:

It also depends on what gameplay strategy the cpu uses. That’s why multiple games are needed. I have picked off the cpu with lineman and vice versa so atleast it’s even in competitive. In simulation dumb stuff was only happening to me

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2022, 12:29 PM   #31
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
On default, fatigue is less than simulation.
This is probably contributing to your liking of the comp setting right now...

I think fatigue is a bit too high on default/simulation. It's pretty obvious to watch how the defense (in particular) goes downhill in the second half of games - leading to a pretty consistent "shootout" outcome. Players get winded but not enough to push them out of the game.

The problem is that when you jack-up the fatigue slider to get more rotation with base autosubs, you open-up the game even more than it already is at default (defenders get more tired in coverage/pursuit thus opening-up the offense even more - which is why people using higher fatigue than default usually wind-up trying to raise threshold). It's a slippery-slope...

It might be possible to adjust the autosub "out" sliders in such a way that players rotate out of games even on default fatigue (at least in sim - not sure how depressed the rate is in comp). That's a slippery slope in its own right....

Quote:
and then the DT intercepted from me and somehow ran faster than my wr…interesting stuff so far I guess
And as an aside....this can be induced to happen on sim mode as well if you really drop the fatigue slider....if fatigue rates are depressed on comp, I am not surprised at all that this could happen on occasion.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-18-2022 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2022, 03:21 PM   #32
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Played a couple games over the weekend in Comp mode. Honestly for me it wasn't as much of a difference as I expected. More difficult for sure. There's already so few penalties on Sim mode that I noticed no difference. Also it's a major pain in the butt on sideline catches. I couldn't get my guys to stop on the outs. I am not sure what you have to press to get them to toe-tap but I couldn't figure it out. I liked that on the deep ball I felt like I had more of a shot to defend it. On sim so many of these deep ball are the receivers standing there and winning the jump. It felt like I had a bit more control but it could be placebo and not really be any different.

First off MizzouRah I think your underestimating your skill level if you think you are average at best but can play on All-Madden with sliders at 50. At least compared to me, I must be really bad. I just get crushed on All-Madden. Played the Colts one game and got crushed and Carson Wentz hit like 90% of his passes. Nothing is off target at all. No pass rush. As an aside what has happened to QB scrambling since launch ? It was scaled back a ton.

I tried two games on All-Madden and 1 game on All-Pro. I had to really lower Int's by the 3rd game because everything about the game seemed so incredibly fast. I couldn't get passes off fast enough and guys just don't seem to get open as quickly. I know what you mean by having to take sacks. I was taking about 6 a game and still threw 6 picks in a game.

It was definitely more challenging even on All-Pro, except for the running game. On All-Madden the run game was tough but on All-Pro it was still too easy. I played Redskins(Me) versus Chargers and lost 31-17. I struggled to move the ball through the air as the pass rush seemed much quicker. But was able to run all over them.

I think I will give it some more time on All-Pro and give more feedback. I am just not good enough for All-Madden but I wish the running game was better for the CPU and worse for me on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »