Home

Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

This is a discussion on Anybody try Competitive over Simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #41
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Small sample, tried a game out in my year 4 Falcons, all 50 AM competitive per mizzourah. Twitch is TheGritzBlitz. In my VOD, chargers game. My highly rated defense actually felt that way for once. Will keep at it and see if variety.
Only concern was cpu could not run against me. Will see if that is ongoing issue.
AM sim seems to be nothing but shootouts every game.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I have a really good Jags team in 2023, my DL and LBs are very good and although I'm #4 against the run, Henry just ran for 154 yards against me in my last game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #42
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmiggity
This gameplay looked excellent. I have 2 questions.

1. Do you have Progressive Fatigue On/Off?
2. Which helpers (Heatseeker, Ballhawk, etc.) do you have On/Off?

Sent from my moto g power using Operation Sports mobile app
Good questions, I will check later today. I think progressive fatigue is off and helpers on, but let me double check.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:40 AM   #43
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I have a really good Jags team in 2023, my DL and LBs are very good and although I'm #4 against the run, Henry just ran for 154 yards against me in my last game.

What do you have speed parity at? Default 50?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-20-2022, 10:41 AM   #44
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Awesome. Like I said just one game, and I got lead, so they abandoned run game.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:49 AM   #45
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

I am also doing some testing with this, but on all pro. My initial thoughts, after about 5 hours or so, is that I feel like I’m actually playing a human being. And I mean that in the best way possible. It would kind of make sense that the game would play better on competitive, I’d assume it has be the base that everything builds off of. They probably build “SIM” mode off of the competitive mode. The reason being because they care more about online play and MUT, where competitive mode is the standard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2022, 10:56 AM   #46
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I am also doing some testing with this, but on all pro. My initial thoughts, after about 5 hours or so, is that I feel like I’m actually playing a human being. And I mean that in the best way possible. It would kind of make sense that the game would play better on competitive, I’d assume it has be the base that everything builds off of. They probably build “SIM” mode off of the competitive mode. The reason being because they care more about online play and MUT, where competitive mode is the standard.
That's a great way of explaining competitive mode to sim. That's exactly how it feels. And if you play a great game you can actually beat the cpu nicely, not always a shootout like sim AM.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:12 AM   #47
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0

I think this is definitely the way to play. Just not seeing as much difficulty as I would like. It’s like…. So close tho. Like it’s almost perfect I just can’t figure out what’s missing. I love being able to actually intercept the cpu and I love that they can pick me off. I still feel like passing is too easy for bad qbs. I want to feel the difference between Brady and Wentz. But I feel like wentz is almost better cause he can move better. But I don’t want to change too much. Running game is decent. I don’t fear the cpu offense tho. I feel like it isn’t hard enough. Might scrap the set I’m using and go back to just default and see what’s what

Old 01-20-2022, 11:40 AM   #48
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
What do you have speed parity at? Default 50?

Yes, everything is on 50, even injuries. (I just do a reset inside the sliders)

The latest patch inflated CPU passing % I think as I was getting around 60-75% range against most CPU teams. Although against Hoston and Watson, he was like 62%.

I played against a low rated CPU QB and although his passing % was high, he was a check down QB and most of his passes were for short completions which inflated his numbers. He didn't attempt many medium/deep passes.

One of the cool things is when I played Houston, they now have Davante Adams who killed me in our first meeting, so next game I put Shaquill Griffin on him and was pretty much shut down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »