Home

Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

This is a discussion on Anybody try Competitive over Simulation within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2021, 09:16 AM   #1
Rookie

dutchy25's Arena

OVR: 0
Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

I'll preface this by saying that I'm on PC & will be playing most of my games with the Chiefs...

I'm already struggling to stay interested in the game. Currently playing on AM Simulation with User Sliders really low (some at 0) & CPU Sliders pretty high. I am blowing the CPU out nearly every game.

Am I doing something wrong? I strive to have realism in the game. I'm not cheesing the CPU with slants or fly routes to Tyreek against press coverage. I've got the CPU scoring pretty well now but the CPU passing percentage is always around 100%.

Anybody tested on Competitive? I really need more of a challenge before I get bored and move on.

I don't have a lot of time to test and tinker just want to load up the game and play challenging games against the CPU.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody try Competitive over Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy25
I'll preface this by saying that I'm on PC & will be playing most of my games with the Chiefs...

I'm already struggling to stay interested in the game. Currently playing on AM Simulation with User Sliders really low (some at 0) & CPU Sliders pretty high. I am blowing the CPU out nearly every game.

Am I doing something wrong? I strive to have realism in the game. I'm not cheesing the CPU with slants or fly routes to Tyreek against press coverage. I've got the CPU scoring pretty well now but the CPU passing percentage is always around 100%.

Anybody tested on Competitive? I really need more of a challenge before I get bored and move on.

I don't have a lot of time to test and tinker just want to load up the game and play challenging games against the CPU.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can confirm competitive is much more challenging
Old 08-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

dutchy25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
Can confirm competitive is much more challenging
Yep. I've played 3 games on Competitive and like it a lot more. CPU actually takes deep shots. User run game is still way too easy & still not a realistic pass rush from the CPU. Getting better though. Hopefully a gameplay patch will address those.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Cscottblue90's Arena

I've tried competitive and it's alot better imo. Still tweaking sluders but having much better games than i was on simulation.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscottblue90
I've tried competitive and it's alot better imo. Still tweaking sluders but having much better games than i was on simulation.
I PM'd you a few questions if you dont mind to answer.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2022, 03:42 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I played a default AM CFM game today on Competitive mode and it was really fun. Definitely not what I expected at all.

Can't wait to get some more games in.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:03 PM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

After many more CFM games on default AM/COMPETITIVE mode, I'm having the most fun I've had with M22 and I've played 100's of CFM games.

A couple of things for those who try it:

1. Penalties are rare but I've had a few here and there.
2. Injuries do happen the same as simulation.
3. Human team receivers do NOT set their feet on passes close to the sidelines, you have take control or throw earlier.
4. CPU QB's passing % is much closer to real life as HUM defense seems much better and I see more drops, bad passes.
5. The running game seems much more like the real NFL.
6. On default, you will get picked if you just throw passes into tight coverage, you have to learn to take sacks or throw it away. (throw high/low/lead receiver)
7. Pass coverage in general seems better and my players swat balls more as well as intercept passes more. (hitting buttons to swat/play receiver/ball hawk help)
8. Fumbles are much more rare, at least on defaults
9. There are no challenges.

For the way I play and my skill level (which is average at best) it really seems to play more like an NFL game to me, especially on the ALL22 camera setting. I've had low scoring, high scoring, defensive battles, QB battles, etc... It's more usering, but not overkill and great players are still great players.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 01-14-2022 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:50 PM   #8
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
After many more CFM games on default AM/COMPETITIVE mode, I'm having the most fun I've had with M22 and I've played 100's of CFM games.

A couple of things for those who try it:

1. Penalties are rare but I've had a few here and there.
2. Injuries do happen the same as simulation.
3. Human team receivers do NOT set their feet on passes close to the sidelines, you have take control or throw earlier.
4. CPU QB's passing % is much closer to real life as HUM defense seems much better and I see more drops, bad passes.
5. The running game seems much more like the real NFL.
6. On default, you will get picked if you just throw passes into tight coverage, you have to learn to take sacks or throw it away. (throw high/low/lead receiver)
7. Pass coverage in general seems better and my players swat balls more as well as intercept passes more. (hitting buttons to swat/play receiver/ball hawk help)
8. Fumbles are much more rare, at least on defaults

For the way I play and my skill level (which is average at best) it really seems to play more like an NFL game to me, especially on the ALL22 camera setting. I've had low scoring, high scoring, defensive battles, QB battles, etc... It's more usering, but not overkill and great players are still great players.

Total Default. Like reset sliders inside CFM?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »