Home

Hands down the best sliders I have ever used

This is a discussion on Hands down the best sliders I have ever used within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2021, 12:37 PM   #65
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Hands down the best sliders I have ever used

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It would be nice to find a sweet spot, but I'm not sure if we will. I can't imagine pass blocking at 55. I play with CPU pass block around 15 or 20 and I see a little bit if movement, a couple scrambles given up per game. I can't imagine raising the pass block anymore. I feel QBs would have all day at that point.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have tried 55, 50, 45, and 35 so far. Pass block for user feels awful, robo QB, etc.

Might just be something we cannot fix, which is a damn shame. I am finding with this set, CPU QB just throws short all game long. Are you guys seeing more variety from the CPU QB? This was always an issue with All Madden, robo QB. It could also just be due to my testing of the pass block slider, gotta get it back down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 12:51 PM   #66
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Ok let me know if anyone else is noticing something..

I am loving this set, has COMPELTELY fixed the USER rushing being too easy and really excelled the CPU running.

However.. I went from having QBs who are improvisers running around in the pocket and scrambling to just standing there.. Wondering what changed from my previous set, I tried two things: CPU QB Accuracy and CPU Pass Blocking.

CPU QB accuracy did nothing, still stood there. Well I went back to what I learned in the beta and raised up CPU Pass Blocking, all of a sudden, seeing movement and scrambling again, still not where I was seeing it, but figuring that part out. I am thinking the CPU pass block slider is controlling this because the higher I go, the more they take off, at lower numbers, they do not hardly move.

Anyone else seeing anything different? (Note: I am not talking about scrambling QB archetype: Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, etc.)

EDIT::

I can about just 100% confirm pass blocking and CPU pocket awareness is tied together. Bridgewater is moving and making plays again. Got it at 55 just to test, need to find a sweet lower spot to get more pass rush.
Blocking at 55 for both?
Old 09-27-2021, 01:39 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Yeah, I have tried 55, 50, 45, and 35 so far. Pass block for user feels awful, robo QB, etc.

Might just be something we cannot fix, which is a damn shame. I am finding with this set, CPU QB just throws short all game long. Are you guys seeing more variety from the CPU QB? This was always an issue with All Madden, robo QB. It could also just be due to my testing of the pass block slider, gotta get it back down.
I have CPU QB Accuracy at 35. I feel confident in saying the Accuracy slider also has an influence on the types of throws they will attempt. I noticed in the low 20's or even below the ball was out instantly and to an underneath WR all of the time. They would attempt a streak every now and then, but that is it. They never worked the intermediate game.

At 35 I am not seeing robo QB and the CPU QB's are throwing all over the field and actually missing throws. It seems to be the opposite of what you'd want to do, but going from 22 to 35 CPU QB Accuracy actually makes them less accurate since they don't throw instantly to the wide open man 2 yards into their route.

Here are some QB stats from my franchise with CPU Accuracy at 35.

Spoiler

I summarized the above information into a small excel worksheet that goes game by game and shows how my defense drastically improved after the Falcons game and then Landon Collins happened against the Panthers.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-27-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #68
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I have CPU QB Accuracy at 35. I feel confident in saying the Accuracy slider also has an influence on the types of throws they will attempt. I noticed in the low 20's or even below the ball was out instantly and to an underneath WR all of the time. They would attempt a streak every now and then, but that is it. They never worked the intermediate game.

At 35 I am not seeing robo QB and the CPU QB's are throwing all over the field and actually missing throws. It seems to be the opposite of what you'd want to do, but going from 22 to 35 CPU QB Accuracy actually makes them less accurate since they don't throw instantly to the wide open man 2 yards into their route.
I personally think that the CPU hitting underneath crossing routes all the time is based on the gameplan selection you make. I see it sometimes. But not if I pick defend short pass. Whatever you pick as your gameplan the negative is what the CPU will attack you with. I have had plenty of missed masses and deep shots missed without changing accuracy. I wish we could change the gameplan more than just halftime.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:03 PM   #69
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

I have tried defend short passes and it is the same result, robo qb short short short. I will try QB ACC at 35.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #70
MVP

northmen24's Arena

Quote:
I have tried defend short passes and it is the same result, robo qb short short short. I will try QB ACC at 35.
Maybe it’s your play calling? I don’t know. I don’t have this problem.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:16 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I had the same issue in our test franchise. We did one full season with basically the same slider set the entire time, which was a set incredibly similar to the set in this thread except we had QB accuracy at 20 for the CPU. I used defend the short pass constantly and it didn't stop the robo QB stuff underneath. Only once we went to 35 accuracy the last 3 or 4 weeks did we see the CPU start throwing it around more and actually miss.

Hopefully you have a similar experience and it leads to the QB playing a bit more like is expected when you raise it to 35.

Also, in reference to my prior post, here is a comparison of the QB completion % against me vs how they are doing in real life through the first 3 games. Josh Allen had much more success against me, as did Matt Ryan, but as I alluded to in the original post I struggled with Pitts against Atlanta and I had not figured out how to play with the Washington defense by that point.

Funny enough, I made a thread on this issue last year.

Quote:
I've been toying around with sliders for Madden 21 since moving over to it recently after wanting something different from a modded Madden 20 experience. The game has played surprisingly well relative to.my expectations and I'm actually having some fun. I feel like I've nailed my sliders down everywhere except for two areas. One is penalties, but that doesn't look to be completely fixable. The other area is the CPU passing game.

Initially on All Madden I moved the accuracy slider down in the 26-36 area tinkering around with it in that range. I got overthrows, underthrows, and the likes, but it didn't feel like I got enough. I went drastic and lowered QB accuracy to 10 to see how it would play out. Since that change it seems every QB I play is going 20 of 24 passing, but for like 180 yards. I've played enough games with the change to where it doesn't appear to be simply a coincidence. It looks as if having the QBA slider that low makes the CPU QB always look to dump it off or pass the ball as quickly as possible even if there is no rum after catch possibility.

I tried to look around a bit, but didn't see anything pertaining to this discussion. Have others noticed this as well? Instead of the QB becoming more inaccurate, they've simply become captain check down and are getting the ball out within 2 seconds every play except for when Madden rears its ugly head and the QB drops back forever taking a 15 yard sack in the process.

I'm going to move the slider back up to the 26-36 range again and see if QBs start flinging the ball downfield some more missing throws and what not. I guess one sliver lining with the issue was the CPU QB was not forcing passes and throwing multiple picks everygame, but I think I can find a value that offers more balance. There's surely a value that in combination with the rest of my sliders results in throws downfield, but not 3 picks every game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 09-27-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2021, 03:18 PM   #72
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Maybe it’s your play calling? I don’t know. I don’t have this problem.
It's not. Thanks for trying to help though.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 09-27-2021 at 04:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »