Home

Int, Pass coverage, Pass reaction

This is a discussion on Int, Pass coverage, Pass reaction within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #9
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Int, Pass coverage, Pass reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostCookies
First time making my thread on here. This year Madden has been very tough and honestly not fun because I have been dealing with sliders to find a challenging game but fair. Yes I know it's Madden and EA and fair is something they don't understand. Every slider set I try is either the Int for the CPU is so high that I throw 10 picks a game, or the player int is so low that my defense drops 10 picks a game. What is a realistic amount of int in a game? I know Pass coverage and Pass reaction has an impact too... Every time I throw a deep ball the defender gets a small speed boost and into it. I just don't understand. It's honestly killing my enjoyment this year for madden. Any tips or advice, please.

Yeah, User vs CPU is a different animal from CPU vs CPU.

Both with there own specific issues and challenges.

Sent from my iPhone 12 using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I use Matts slider set and he goes with a unique approach to the pass coverage sliders, his is set at like 5 and while it looks weird I will tell you that it works well, in fact at times its really tight coverage so I would take a look into that.
Thank you for the advice
Old 10-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Ghost, I'll echo Tony's response from page one.

I struggle a LOT with passing because I don't understand many of the concepts well. When I do well, it's generally because I've put in the time via practice mode to understand the whole concept (3 reads at least) and to decide where I want to go with the ball vs. various coverages.

I think the best thing to do is develop a set of core concepts that you understand as the basis for your passing offense, then to rep them till you're blue in the face from practice.

For example, if I call Flood, I know that I'll look at the vertical route if I have press man and a real burner running that route. If I have a single-high look (C1/3), I'll look at the deep out-breaking route, but I'll be sure I'm aware if it's C3 that the curl flat defender isn't sinking back to the depth of that route; if he is, I'll throw the shallower flat route. If I have a two-high look (C2/4/6/9), I'll watch the corner to the flood side. If he comes up and leaves a hold for the vertical route, I'll throw that. Or I might throw the deeper out route. If he sinks back to cover the deeper out route, I'll throw the shallower flat route.

So basically I have 3 guys on that play that I know might be open in an if-then scenario based on my pre- and post-snap reads.

You can rinse and repeat with a number of concepts that you like.

I like Curl/Flat as well. I know I'm throwing the curl on-time vs. C1. I know I'm throwing it pretty much on time to the side away from the rolled-down safety vs. C3. I know I don't like the play very much vs. 2-high, so I'll either look to the HB check down or audible out.

I'm NOT good at offense, but this is how I get better.

The other thing I would say is that some concepts work better IRL than in Madden, and some concepts are easy on All Pro but very hard on All Madden, so you have to mix an understanding of the concept with an understanding of how they coded the game and just kinda make your peace w/ that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Ghost, I'll echo Tony's response from page one.

I struggle a LOT with passing because I don't understand many of the concepts well. When I do well, it's generally because I've put in the time via practice mode to understand the whole concept (3 reads at least) and to decide where I want to go with the ball vs. various coverages.

I think the best thing to do is develop a set of core concepts that you understand as the basis for your passing offense, then to rep them till you're blue in the face from practice.

For example, if I call Flood, I know that I'll look at the vertical route if I have press man and a real burner running that route. If I have a single-high look (C1/3), I'll look at the deep out-breaking route, but I'll be sure I'm aware if it's C3 that the curl flat defender isn't sinking back to the depth of that route; if he is, I'll throw the shallower flat route. If I have a two-high look (C2/4/6/9), I'll watch the corner to the flood side. If he comes up and leaves a hold for the vertical route, I'll throw that. Or I might throw the deeper out route. If he sinks back to cover the deeper out route, I'll throw the shallower flat route.

So basically I have 3 guys on that play that I know might be open in an if-then scenario based on my pre- and post-snap reads.

You can rinse and repeat with a number of concepts that you like.

I like Curl/Flat as well. I know I'm throwing the curl on-time vs. C1. I know I'm throwing it pretty much on time to the side away from the rolled-down safety vs. C3. I know I don't like the play very much vs. 2-high, so I'll either look to the HB check down or audible out.

I'm NOT good at offense, but this is how I get better.

The other thing I would say is that some concepts work better IRL than in Madden, and some concepts are easy on All Pro but very hard on All Madden, so you have to mix an understanding of the concept with an understanding of how they coded the game and just kinda make your peace w/ that.
Thank you for explaining it. I think I'm good at madden but in reality, there's a lot I can still learn from. I try to go through my reads but the CPU pass rush is so intense that I have like 3 secs to look at 3 different guys and then decide who to throw to. Then press the button. Mind brain just can't process that quickly. So I either throw an INT or get sack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »