Home

Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
Pro

pacman5769's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I played this quite a bit in Madeen 25. However I found it to be a huge cheese fest online. I probably won't play it much this year as it seems this mode is targeting the arcade "do anything to win" guys. I think removing injuries is going in the wrong direction. Also not being able to set quarter lengths or adjust sliders means you're stuck playing the way EA forces you to.

The one positive is the solo challenges. They can be fun and they do add life to the game , but again you're stuck using EAs sliders and quarter lengths. If there are any sim guys that play this mode I'm on the PS4 NPYYZ send me a friend request and mention Operation Sports in the message. I'd like to find some real football guys to play MUT with.
Same here its refreshing to see guys not playing like 12 yr olds....you can add me on psn my name is same as here
Old 08-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I think the only advantage of MUT is to PAD electronic arts bottom line. Did anybody EVER ask in their top twenty to have a game of essentially playing cards that cost the customer more money? In my opinion,this is a money grab which is focused marketing aimed at our young people who don't realize they are being taken advantage.
I'm 41, and I got totally addicted to MUT. I think I spent $3 or $4 the whole year though is all. I think MUT would lose it's luster if I were "buying" my team. I love a challenge, and building a team without spending money was a good challenge.

Also, for the guy asking what is different between this and a fantasy draft. Last season I was running a team with Dan Marino as my QB and Marshall Faulk as my HB, which was pretty cool. Can't do that in a fantasy draft.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #19
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
Hope cards show accumulated stats. And there is a data base of the stat leaders of all the cards you have had etc.

Otherwise the cards just feel generic
Old 09-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #20
Rookie

bronco72's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersredspacers
Here are some differences

1. In Ultimate Team, you start out with a team of all crappy players, and gradually build your team by upgrading each position through packs and purchasing cards on the auction block. In CFM, you usually start with an average team and could get better or worse as time goes on.

2. Ultimate Team gives you the benefit of playing online head to head games and offline games against the CPU using the same team in the same mode. You can choose to only do one or the other if you want, but I think it is fun to mix the 2.

3. There is no salary cap or restrictions on building your team, and you can have virtually any player you want. For example, if you really like Jordy Nelson and Matt Forte, you could get these guys on your team relatively easily, where as in CFM, you need to give up significant pieces to get them.

4. Players don't age from season to season, so if you want Peyton Manning for 10 season in a row, you can use him.

5. I never spend money on the mode, and there is no better feeling than beating a guy with 99 OVRs at every position with your budget squad. I skipped Madden 25, but in Madden 13 I actually made several hundred dollars by selling MUT coins for real money.

6. If you want, you can build several different teams to play different styles of play.

7. You could say that opening packs is like having draft picks, and buying players off the auction is like signing free agents. I think opening packs is more exciting because you never know when you will get a rare card, and it is awesome when you do.

That is what I can think of off the top of my head
This was helpful for me, but I have a few questions. What I want is "create a team" from Madden 12, but I can't have that. The last 2 years I have ported the current game roster back to Madden 12. My buddy and I do "create a team" mode and play on line my team against his. That's all I want to do. Is MUT a way to get there or not really?

I would like the players ratings to be what they are in the official release, not some thing lower that might go over that number. Sounds like MUT does that. Thanks for any insight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »