Home

Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread

One of the most popular modes in Madden NFL is Ultimate Team. While the mode was slow to get a dedicated audience, it now ranks as one of the fastest growing and most played modes within Madden. Today, we've learned about all of the new features in the mode. Now, we are going to ask a few questions to Joe Alread, the executive producer of Madden NFL 15 who is in charge of all things Ultimate Team, about this year's mode.

Read More - Madden NFL 15: Ultimate Team Interview with Joe Alread
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
As a hardcore ultimate team player, this stuff might not sound too flashy, but it will certainly save time in the menus which was a big issue in the past. They fixed a lot of things that were really annoying. Not to mention, the mode is already great as it is, and when you combine the gameplay fixes with making the team managing aspect easier and less time consuming, we should see a nice improvement in the MUT experience this year.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hope they gave the same attention to the CFM UI/menus...were so lag (like all of them were) and that 32 team selection, I swear it was meant to discourage you from using more than one team. God awful.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #4
Rookie

My biggest hope is that they stop making so many 99s by the end of the year. Once that happened, I was done this year.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #5
Rookie

I definitely hope there are less 99's. I like what I see with a lot of these OVR's, if they are low like that, that should mean that weekly players/special cards will be more valuable and in fewer numbers. It seemed that by mid season last year, the weekly stars were pretty much worthless by then as there were so many Elites that over shadowed them. I also hope there are different game modes. Getting something other than Season mode would be nice...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

For the ultimate team gurus I have a question. I have never even opened the mode myself so this is mainly out of curiosity. What is the difference/advantage between this and just doing a fantasy draft in CFM? I have always been curious about UT but never really took the time to try it out.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
For the ultimate team gurus I have a question. I have never even opened the mode myself so this is mainly out of curiosity. What is the difference/advantage between this and just doing a fantasy draft in CFM? I have always been curious about UT but never really took the time to try it out.
Here are some differences

1. In Ultimate Team, you start out with a team of all crappy players, and gradually build your team by upgrading each position through packs and purchasing cards on the auction block. In CFM, you usually start with an average team and could get better or worse as time goes on.

2. Ultimate Team gives you the benefit of playing online head to head games and offline games against the CPU using the same team in the same mode. You can choose to only do one or the other if you want, but I think it is fun to mix the 2.

3. There is no salary cap or restrictions on building your team, and you can have virtually any player you want. For example, if you really like Jordy Nelson and Matt Forte, you could get these guys on your team relatively easily, where as in CFM, you need to give up significant pieces to get them.

4. Players don't age from season to season, so if you want Peyton Manning for 10 season in a row, you can use him.

5. I never spend money on the mode, and there is no better feeling than beating a guy with 99 OVRs at every position with your budget squad. I skipped Madden 25, but in Madden 13 I actually made several hundred dollars by selling MUT coins for real money.

6. If you want, you can build several different teams to play different styles of play.

7. You could say that opening packs is like having draft picks, and buying players off the auction is like signing free agents. I think opening packs is more exciting because you never know when you will get a rare card, and it is awesome when you do.

That is what I can think of off the top of my head
Old 07-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Also, if you want to really enjoy MUT, you should expect to put some time into it. You will run into a lot of teams that are a lot better than you early online, so it is better to play solo challenges in the beginning until you get a decent team. I hated it when I first started in Madden 10, but when I put more time into it, it became more fun. Just don't expect to get a good team within a day unless you spend real money. It probably takes a couple weeks to a month to get a solid team without spending money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »