Home

how do YOU attack Ultimate Team?

This is a discussion on how do YOU attack Ultimate Team? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #25
Pro

goalie's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: how do YOU attack Ultimate Team?

ok, just finished the "regular season" portion of the Jets schedule. (8 games)

this was a good way to earn a lot of coins, with increasing difficulty (but certainly not hard. (earned enough to buy D'Brickshaw Ferguson and a few mid-70's tight ends)

because the Jets are not "ground and pound", i will have to complete the Steelers before i can upgrade to the gold coach. i believe this will help my play style bonus. i will try to finish those games by wednesday or thursday, and let you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #26
Rookie

AIRCARTMAN's Arena

OVR: 2

Purchased 16 Pro Packs. My big hit was legend Jack Ham. Sold him on the AH for 20k.

Won my first game online 21-0. Richard Sherman had three picks and I ran James Starks about 20 times for 80 yards to seal the deal.

My other stars are EJ Manuel at QB, Ha Ha Clinton Dix at SS and Jared Allen RE.

My sleeper is TE Eric Ebron, Detroit Lions rookie. Tall, fast and catches everything. Love this guy.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:39 AM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I am stoked that I completed a quick-sell badge set and 15k in coins. I invested 7k of my own coins to buy badges needed, but it worked out since 15k allowed me to complete a gold raiders set for 6 badge pack.

Last edited by JBH3; 09-02-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:57 AM   #28
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Been playing the game for the past 4 days so I haven't gotten that far. I've just been doing the training camp challenges. Benched my gold players so I'm not wasting their contracts. I bought a pro pack and netted Lagarette Blount so he's been pretty good for me.

The only challenge I've had to so far is I completed the team of the week challenge. Playing against an 85 rated team with a 64 overall rated team is not easy on All-Pro. Had to basically cheap myself to a 7-3 win with a lot of short dinky passes. A Richard Sherman INT locked up the game.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I am done w/ packs until I reach a point where I have a disposable income of coins to throw at packs. Till then I will use the auction house to buy the players I need to fit my style boost and fill out my team.

I bought a Joe Flacco gold on a buy now for 4k in coins. It's made such a huge difference since my previous QB was Ryan Fitzpatrick; using a LP QB so Flacco is a major upgrade in terms of arm strength etc.
Yeah, since I got the couple players I need to bolster my coins, I'm nearly strictly auction house at this point. Bought a bunch of 74-76 Gold defensive players to get to the 40 Zone Defense needed for the coin up challenge this week. Definitely would never depend on pulling packs for something you absolutely need.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

1) Do challenges for money
2) Do Auctions instead of packs and if you are up.
3) I found if you do auctions at 3 am to 6 am, you get good deals because a lot of people are sleeping.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:31 PM   #31
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Ludby
M25 was my first time playing MUT an I ended up winning a couple Super Bowls and having a record of somewhere around 60-30.

Here's my strategy, which I'm also employing in M15:

1) Don't buy anything. I just don't like the idea of "pay-to-win" games and I feel like MUT comes close to being a pay-to-win game. I also take pride in having a better team than some people who paid for theirs =P This is largely personal preference, though. If you don't buy packs, it'll just take longer to develop your team. However, regardless of whether you end up buying packs with real money or not, NEVER BUY PACKS WITH COINS. Never. 7500 coins can go a very long way getting you players with the team styles and positions that you know you need.

2) Build your team on Team Styles, not your favorite players. The stat bonuses can go a long way to helping you win. You could have an 80 OVR team with your favorite players, but that can easily be beaten by an 80 OVR team that benefits from a 70+ Team Style. While those numbers are arbitrary, I think it illustrates my point.

3) Play plenty of solo challenges. You may not have to do this is you buy packs and sell some of those players, but this is the main way to accumulate coins for the auction house. Once you've beaten your favorite team's entire regular season challenge, move on and play any other team's challenge. Without the coins earned from Solo challenges (you can get 3000+ vs ~1500 for H2H matches) it'd be hard to build your team.

That's all I have. I know I'm not the best but I'm definitely proud of the M25 team I built last year and I hope this year is just as fun! Good luck!!
I want to sincerely thank you for this post!!!! don't have guys i want right now but i'm getting there by playing all these solo challenges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #32
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I broke down and bought a pack today although only having a little over 8k in coins. The payout was worth it though as I pulled a Mike Evans LP Rising Star. Now I will use buy it now auctions to find a 2nd LP Mike Evans Rising Star and combine them for the elite card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »