Home

What is up with the 3 min quarters?

This is a discussion on What is up with the 3 min quarters? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
What is up with the 3 min quarters?

I would play this if it were 5-6 like online ranked. I just can't see the point in spending all this time in building a team to barely get to see them fully in a game. I never understood this for MUT and it is a game killer for me. I tolerated 4 min last year, but it too got annoying to only play guys who ate clock.

Again, how is it fun spending all that time and money to only run QB kneels or the OP Stretch (last year's game). I was guilty of abusing the run too, but at that point it became stale.

What is your opinion of the 3 min quarters? I am guessing there is a reason this mode does not attract some of the sim crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 01:28 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What is up with the 3 min quarters?

It's not SIM, but it is a nice tight strategic game. Also, I just hit Pro-2nd String, and the games are now 4 mins.

But look at it this way. You are in a tie game with 12 minutes left. You each have six time outs. There are two stoppages at the quarters, and two at the 2 minute warnings. And of course the big reset at half.

There is a lot of game, and a lot of strategy. This packs a lot of intense game situations into a short time, and it can be awesome fun. And if you run into a guy that is going to destroy you, you can also get it over with quick.

I really hated it at first, but I've come to really like it.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

I just respectfully disagree. At least it is nice the upgraded the time to 4 minutes though.

Youtube
Old 03-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Rookie

idk i feel like the 4 min games (and a 25 sec) are a lil too long tbh especially because of ultimate team having op teams so it gives players the ability too comeback more often than not and the point of the mode is too get through many seasons and with almost every game lasting 30min+ its hard to do that in a reasonable time imo
Old 03-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

The short quarters, however, really put ground and pound teams at a disadvantage. They have a harder time getting their ground game going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtra
The short quarters, however, really put ground and pound teams at a disadvantage. They have a harder time getting their ground game going.
I actually like the short quarters for when I do use my run game. I can just chew clock and take nearly an entire half on one drive if its going well.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
I actually like the short quarters for when I do use my run game. I can just chew clock and take nearly an entire half on one drive if its going well.
And thats why i dont play this mode lol....but yeah you dont have a choice with a ground n pound offense

Youtube
Old 04-04-2015, 01:59 AM   #8
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
And thats why i dont play this mode lol....but yeah you dont have a choice with a ground n pound offense
Its understandable. This mode definitely isn't for sim-type gameplay and I come into it knowing that, so I can have fun with what it is. At the same time, I can understand why someone would hate that and not like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »