Home

Counters to typical offensive online tactics?

This is a discussion on Counters to typical offensive online tactics? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Counters to typical offensive online tactics?

Online, many of the people I play abuse some sort of scheme that the CPU has trouble defending. Which is fine, but I don't understand defense strategy and playcalling whatsoever, so I get destroyed by these people. Note that I'm not calling these people cheesers. I accept all my losses as my fault.

Can you recommend me a defensive formation/play that counters the following common abuse situations I find myself in? They must be in any playbook because I only play Draft/MUT. Obviously, you can't predict which playbook you will use in Draft and top playbooks are unaffordable for newbies in MUT.

1. The person who alternates inside runs and sweeps with a strong running back. Usually they are in a shotgun formation. If you play the pass, they audible to an inside run/draw and get 5+ yards everytime. If you blitz middle, they audible a pass and burn you.

2. The person who runs multiple slants across the field or deep posts to the TE. I can't user every slant and your typical linebacker is pathetically slow compared to a WR, meaning they can burn you all day long on slants.

3. The person who spams deep balls. Either by calling 5 WR and then bombing it to any receiver who is in single coverage. Or uses heavy run formations to cluster my defense, then audibles fades on the outside and bombs it to the receiver that the lone safety didn't bite on.

4. The dinker who puts together unstoppable multiple quarter possessions where they run a bunch of short crosses, running back wheels, digs, zigs, etc. and quick pass immediately on snap. They get tiny 4 yard gains every down but it's impossible to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »