Home

The truth about MUT

This is a discussion on The truth about MUT within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The truth about MUT

Obviously if you want to go ahead but if you play your cards right you don't have to spend a cent to get ahead in MUT. At this moment I'm sitting at 821 packs opened and have spent $0. My squad is rated 86 and only 2 of those players are LTD Use.

Getting started is pretty rough but once you build up some cards you can get a good system going.

Its pretty simple, you're going to do lots of Solo Challenges mixed in with some head 2 head when you get bored of that to start out. What do you do with your cards? Everything either gets sold on the auction house or sent to be turned into a badge.

Any cards that are selling for 1000 coins or higher you auction until they sell, if they're worth less you burn them into the badge sets. Take all those badges you get and turn them into Gold badges and flip them on the auction house. Don't waste your time on Elite badges, the math is just a little less than what you'll get out of the Gold badges except for one exception... all of those Limited Use Elite cards you got once you are done with them you're going to turn those into your Elite squad. Get an Elite you don't like? Flip them on the auction house.

This is important, you need to have a minimum of 2 squads starting out because you'll run out of contracts quickly. So you want your best squad for the head 2 head and a terrible squad for Solo Challenges. This terrible squad in the beginning you are just going to keep rotating in players as they run out of contracts. Trust me, this system works I've got 6000+ contracts right now as well so I just use my best squad for everything(minus Limited Use players, those are ONLY for playing head 2 head).

And that's pretty much that. If you want to spend $ go for it but you simply don't have to so long as you're willing to do a little grinding in the Solo Challenges. I'm open to any questions, my journey ends at 1000 packs when I hit Legendary MUT Rewards status(send me those free copies of the game EA!!!) and I expect to be there within 7 days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
The truth about MUT

All true

I've spent around $20 because I had some Microsoft money left in my account(but I didn't get squat out of them). My team is a 87 with some rare guys like RG3 who I sniped for 30k

Only problem for me now this has been the only game I have played and I've literally finished almost all solos. So only real way to make coins now is online head to head

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #3
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Re: The truth about MUT

For me though I don't waste coins opening packs. You might as well save up for the guy you want and buy him outright ...... Just to much of thrown away coins to open pack after pack and get nothing most of the time

Sure sometimes you get a good card but like I said it's not the norm and you could just save up for the guy you want

Old 10-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Pro

Only thing I have trouble with is sniping due to maddens weird bidding system where u have to have more than what ur bidding to place one and your balance doesn't correct itself until the auction is done if you held the highest bid then we're out bid.
As and Ex. Imagine a card is at 8k and you have 10 so you make the bid, then some one else bids and it's now at 8100 and you want to bid again which would be 8200 but the game now sees ur balance as 2000 and aill tell you you can't bid even though you had more than that t doesn't recognize it for some reason and the bid doesn't give your money back till its done. I think this can be a huge prob for guys who don't have a lot of cox ins starting out trying to snipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
Rookie

It sucks that happens but I've found you can back out of the auction and it will reset your coins, so then you can go back in and make another bid. Not ideal but it helps.

This Madden is tremendous for no money spent teams! Rewards can keep you competitive, they are adding tons of solos all the time so even if you complete them all there's a pretty good amount coming the next week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #6
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Only thing I have trouble with is sniping due to maddens weird bidding system where u have to have more than what ur bidding to place one and your balance doesn't correct itself until the auction is done if you held the highest bid then we're out bid.
As and Ex. Imagine a card is at 8k and you have 10 so you make the bid, then some one else bids and it's now at 8100 and you want to bid again which would be 8200 but the game now sees ur balance as 2000 and aill tell you you can't bid even though you had more than that t doesn't recognize it for some reason and the bid doesn't give your money back till its done. I think this can be a huge prob for guys who don't have a lot of cox ins starting out trying to snipe

It's been that way for a few Maddens now so I would guess it's on purpose. But yeah it is annoying

Maybe to weed out so many bidders on a item. Not sure though I'm just guessing

Old 10-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
It's been that way for a few Maddens now so I would guess it's on purpose. But yeah it is annoying

Maybe to weed out so many bidders on a item. Not sure though I'm just guessing

Idk but it's beyond aggravating when I lose a auction I've been sitting in for hours at the last second because even though I had more than enough my post bid value was below the new highest bid

Old 10-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
For me though I don't waste coins opening packs. You might as well save up for the guy you want and buy him outright ...... Just to much of thrown away coins to open pack after pack and get nothing most of the time

Sure sometimes you get a good card but like I said it's not the norm and you could just save up for the guy you want

I've personally had great success opening packs though I've probably opened close to 500 Pro Packs(the other 300+ were badge sets mostly). If you've got the time and the heart to try and snipe players it is a good way to go but I haven't had much success. I think I have bought 2 or 3 Elites from the auction house but they were immediate needs, linemen, because the O-Line in this game truly can make or break you.

I've also gotten a couple elites from packs that you all probably would have kept but they didn't meet my needs, Tom Brady(I prefer a QB that can move and had been using a 78 Mariota just fine but just got an Elite Andrew Luck a couple days ago out of a Pro Pack) and Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charlesx2(I don't like elusive backs and I already had AD's LTD Use card at the time).

I will say my main goal here has been to hit the 1000 packs so I could get Legendary in MUT Rewards hoping to get the game for free and early next year, it has just simply been a side effect of the way that I've done it that I've built a pretty solid squad. I do think that for someone starting out(<200 packs opened) that you should follow my method to get started out and really focus on just opening as many Pro Packs as possible as the game will hand out elites to you in the beginning as it really does slow down after you get past 3-400 packs. This of course assuming you don't want to spend any real $.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »