Home

Madden comeback logic alive and well in Solo Battles

This is a discussion on Madden comeback logic alive and well in Solo Battles within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden comeback logic alive and well in Solo Battles

So mad right now....

Up 14-0 going into 4th quarter. Lost 21-14. Computer did everything possible to **** me over... Ereck Flowers stonewalling Strahan... Instant blocksheds(Legends Hutchinson vs. some mid 70s gold) when I'm trying to run the clock. So frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Madden comeback logic alive and well in Solo Battles

Idk. I mean, I've been doing fine with them

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2018, 02:25 PM   #3
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionhammer
So mad right now....

Up 14-0 going into 4th quarter. Lost 21-14. Computer did everything possible to **** me over... Ereck Flowers stonewalling Strahan... Instant blocksheds(Legends Hutchinson vs. some mid 70s gold) when I'm trying to run the clock. So frustrating.
I agree there is definitely situations where it is more than obvious that the CPU increases the abilities of the CPU players and A.I. - No doubt.

However I've had no issue closing out games. Just increased difficulty towards the end but nothing that is unbearable. It was really bad a few times here and there before the patch but I haven't seen it that bad since. Who knows.

My M23 Community Roster for Xbox Series X/S:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eries-x-s.html
Old 08-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Solo battles is a 100% cheat mode. You just need to run the 'money' plays that work against the CPU every time. The block sheds are ridiculous. Running is a joke. On D I just run 2-4-5 mid blitz every play.

I play on Ultimate and won my last game 71-13...and that still only got me 23k points.

My usually score is like 35-3 or so...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #5
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I somehow have had a different range of games... had games I've come back, had games I blew out the AI and then had games I made several mistakes and lost.

Mode isn't perfect but it is much better than it was a week ago. Hopefully they can keep improving the logic of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #6
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I believe it was confirmed somewhere EA set this as having a huge CPU advantage, and it shows. To be fair, the rewards are fairly generous for the time put in so it shouldnt be as easy as running through the Rookie Gauntlet.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Solo battles is a 100% cheat mode. You just need to run the 'money' plays that work against the CPU every time. The block sheds are ridiculous. Running is a joke. On D I just run 2-4-5 mid blitz every play.

I play on Ultimate and won my last game 71-13...and that still only got me 23k points.

My usually score is like 35-3 or so...
All of this, but I don't have too much trouble running. The AI will get some run stops but if I just keep hammering away with I-Close Toss a big TD is coming eventually.

What NDAlum has to say about D is probably the most important thing. If you try to play "normally" the AI will dot you up and down the field. The trick is that they absolutely cannot handle a six man rush so you'll get a ton of sacks or force bad throws and picks due to the under pressure modifier.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:27 AM   #8
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

It's commonly referred to as DDA or Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment. The CPU will almost always come back late in games. At least they changed the game speed from slow to normal and I don't get many one or two score games anymore. I think the only thing worse than the DDA is the fact that it forces everyone to cheese and spam money plays to have any chance, thus ruining the h2h entirely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »