Home

What's the appeal of the MUT mode?

This is a discussion on What's the appeal of the MUT mode? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 03:28 AM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What's the appeal of the MUT mode?

This is the first year I personally have given MUT a fair chance and truly dove in. Last year I mingled in it a bit, but never full on committed.

I always viewed it as a "pay to win" mode. So last year, I spent $25 or something on a bundle. I got absolute crap cards and was pissed lol. I didn't want to play the mode again so I rarely did.

This year, I told myself for sure no real money spent EXCEPT for the $1.50 elite player pack you can buy once. And the few $1.50 cards you can get for reaching certain levels.

All in all I won't lie, and say I've spent a total of $9 for those things. But never will I buy huge expensive bundles, or any of those "deals". No reason to.

Coming from really, a first time MUT player here are the top 3 things I've learned that may help answer your question:

#1 You can build a solid team by completing solos alone. And as long as you're able to complete solos then your team is good enough for now.

#2 You have to be patient to build a great team. And you absolutely MUST put time into it if you're serious about wanting to build a great team.

But like others have said, there is nothing forcing you to play h2h if you don't want to. Always plenty of stuff to do against the AI in MUT.

#3 I learned a full proof way to acquire profit on coins through the auction house. I will profit an easy 10-15k every couple hours I'm on playing. So gathering coins is not a problem.

And the best part is I still play games/solos while my auction block is constantly full of cards which will all sell for guaranteed profit.

Currently I've built up a team with an overall of 85, but super close to 86. I have a 91 Ray Lewis, and with chemistry boosts I have a 90 Champ Bailey as well. And a 90 Antonio Brown.

I never thought this was a game mode I could play without spending money but you can and I do. You have to definitely invest time into it though. I've beaten teams h2h, and lost. The most fun h2h though is squads. Team up with two buddies and go 3 v 3 in a squads game.

Just spend training points to upgrade players wisely, and be frugal with your coins. If anyone wants to know how I make coins through the auction daily just pm me and I'd be happy to share what I do!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 08-27-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm having a good time with MUT but I still don't really know what I am doing yet.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #19
Rookie

I am totally with smokewood, there is so much to discover and goals here and there, but it is fun. when I read this now I wanna go home and play the Solo challenges, but then I am at home and say, no I wanna do a game so I find myself in Solo Challenge, it is fun, absolutely. And I can confirm, you do not need to spend money. From Fifa I knew it, I`ve played in the highest division at the end with a 82 OVR team, I never saw a Messi or Ronaldo in my team, but I had them against me. If you are good in what you are doing, you can beat everyone, even better in Madden, know your playbook, know your top players, and what they are good at, I promise you can beat everyone (except the 99 OVR Team guy is just a little rich kid who knows as well how to play Madden) but in Fifa I was more scared of the guys with the same team OVR or even less in my division, because I knew, they know how to play this game. I am done with Soccer, in Madden I would say I am also pretty good, so I am excited what will come this year in MUT
(too bad that there is no APP to do adminstuff with your team on your phone)
Old 08-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #20
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Played some weekend league yesterday. Won the first 3 games against easier opponents, but got smacked around by the tougher teams. My team isn't good enough to compete with them and I'm not the greatest player so I'll took some L's. I'll probably avoid Weekend League for now and focus on the solos and MUT Seasons. Still at 83 overall as I've been hoarding coins like Scrooge McDuck.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 08-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #21
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

First timer here in MUT.

1) I've done all solo battles, except the journey. Still locked by I'm level 29.
2) I haven't spent a dime and or coin yet. I have 400k plus in coins.
3) Team is an 82 overall as of now.
4) I'll dig into the team more when I get the journey completed.

But overall fun times being able to earn coins and solid elite players by doing these solos.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 04:43 AM   #22
Rookie

Geez you finished all solo challenges :O ???
You have time bro
With 400k coins you can easily manage your team now.

I played different, I looked for players I needed / wanted, when I had enough coins I spent them on those guys.
But everyone plays different.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:42 AM   #23
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I love franchise mode but I also love MUT mode. I've played MUT every year since Madden 13 and this year it's better than ever. With the removal of contracts it makes the game way less of a hassle. The power up cards are great as well. You have to work and complete the solo challenges but you will be rewarded. I haven't spent a cent and my team is an 84 over all and it's a very solid team. I've gone up against higher rated teams online and won.

My MUT hint , speed helps. I paid 4000 coins for a 74 ovr wide receiver John Ross , he has a 90 speed rating and he gets good separation and catches everything. My number one WR is Tyreek Hill an 84 ovr power up card with 92 speed. This guy is fast and when he is covered tight at the line , it's a guaranteed TD. My number 3 is a power up Randy Moss I have him up to an 89 over he's not as fast as the other two (Yet) at 88 speed but across the middle in traffic he is money, catches everything and breaks a lot of tackles. Once I get him maxed out it's going to be nuts.

Do your research on players. Right now I'm happy with my 84 ovr team but I've got a lot of solo challenges to finish so I know it's going to get even better. I'm enjoying MUT so much this year I haven't even touched Franchise mode yet. It's just a ton of fun.

Last edited by JMD; 09-06-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:42 AM   #24
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Well I wanted to come back and add to this. I still enjoy MUT but now that my team is a 90 overall when I play online I'm always matched up against teams loaded with all 95- 99 over players and 9 times out of 10 my opponent is a master cheeser so it ends up being a waste of time. In my post above my team was an 84 , when I kept it in the mid 80's the online opponents were much better players and their teams were not all store bought.

Something to think about if you want to avoid the online trash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »