Home

What's the appeal of the MUT mode?

This is a discussion on What's the appeal of the MUT mode? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What's the appeal of the MUT mode?

Lol I've been getting rid of all of them. Oh well. I just thought they weren't doing team diamonds this year

And I dont have enough time to be playing the auction house game

It's not really that big a deal to me. I play a few games and solos. Build the team I want and call it a day. I'm not too worried about what's going for what or the best value. I did all that last year. Was too exhausting

With that said, I will start saving my golds though. Thanks

I think I only did 2-3 team diamonds last year anyway. I'll pass this year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019, 12:22 AM   #50
Pro

What's the blue icon on the front of the card mean? It looks like they're x factor abilities, but why are they there? When you upgrade a player and choose an x factor to give them it usually gives you a few options. So why do cards have a certain one on them? If that makes sense..

Old 08-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #51
MVP

I'm mostly a 2k player, but since madden was released early I decided to give it a try. In my opinion the game is too p2w for my liking. With so many players per team there is such a huge margin between the people who have busted their bank accounts vs the f2p crowd and the only way to keep up with the p2w crowd is to join them as the rewards are highly skewed towards the top 100 players.

There doesn't appear to be a huge skill gap, from my experience the higher rated team usually wins. At the top level of competitive play I'm sure skill is much more important than your roster, but if you want to get there it's going to cost hundreds of dollars. I'm enjoying the grind it's fun enough to keep me occupied until NBA is released. Just my 2 cents on MUT. I watched a video of someone dropping $1000 on packs before the game was even released to the general public. There are plenty of modes that aren't p2w but if you want to have a chance in the weekly tournaments these are the kind of players you will be up against

Last edited by Foldzy; 08-10-2019 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #52
Pro

I agree that it's probably pay to win, but hey, if they wanna spend the money, why not.

I dont play online, so I couldn't care less

A big issue is the price of cards. I mean the first day the game came out cards were already going on the auction house for like 100k. Who would actually have that much already? All it takes is one person to buy a card at a high price to then set the price for cards going forward. The prices of some of these cards are crazy. And it just forces people to think they have to buy packs to compete

Old 08-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #53
MVP

I'm mostly a 2k player, but since madden was released early I decided to give it a try. In my opinion the game is too p2w for my liking. With so many players per team there is such a huge margin between the people who have busted their bank accounts vs the f2p crowd and the only way to keep up with the p2w crowd is to join them as the rewards are highly skewed towards the top 100 players.

There doesn't appear to be a huge skill gap, from my experience the higher rated team usually wins. At the top level of competitive play I'm sure skill is much more important than your roster, but if you want to get there it's going to cost hundreds of dollars. I'm enjoying the grind it's fun enough to keep me occupied until NBA is released. Just my 2 cents on MUT
Old 08-10-2019, 01:09 PM   #54
Banned

Right now, I can't assemble a team that meets or breaks the cap. My total Cap hit is just 717, right now, with the cap currently at 775. My team is a 79 OVR.

But I find Solo Battles competitive. I can't beat them on All Madden, yet. But All Pro makes for food competitive games, and it has been fun. Solo challenges are interesting and fun.

I finally grabbed a Mahomes Power Up card. I only have him trained up to 81 right now, so I'm still starting Luck. But you can activate his abilities and X-Factors along the way to trining him up to 91 OVR. So I now have even more need for training points.

Time to grind.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Right now, I can't assemble a team that meets or breaks the cap. My total Cap hit is just 717, right now, with the cap currently at 775. My team is a 79 OVR.

But I find Solo Battles competitive. I can't beat them on All Madden, yet. But All Pro makes for food competitive games, and it has been fun. Solo challenges are interesting and fun.

I finally grabbed a Mahomes Power Up card. I only have him trained up to 81 right now, so I'm still starting Luck. But you can activate his abilities and X-Factors along the way to trining him up to 91 OVR. So I now have even more need for training points.

Time to grind.
If you get 145 stars on the MUT Superstars challenges you get a NAT 90 for free. You can get Mahommes plus abilities without having to sink coins into training just yet. You can wait it out for card prices to drop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 05:44 AM   #56
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I was against MUT but Madden got me by adding squads to MUT only. So that pulled me in and for about 2-3 years now, I’ve been loving building my squad to compete in squads.

I used to be a big franchise guy but I don’t really like the CPU QBs. Seems like they find every open man and a lot of times aren’t competition for me after a few games.

Squads is one of the best modes to me because I like user element. I would play Ranked games but the money plays and things run me away from that. Squads even that out because money plays could be stopped for the most part with team work. Playing 1v1, you can only stop so many things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »