Home

Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

This is a discussion on Here’s my problem with EA and card packs within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2019, 04:39 AM   #17
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

Don't go down the rabbit hole. Chances are: you could spend a thousand dollars on packs and never pull the one Ltd card you are hoping for. The odds are absolutely terrible. It's just like any gambling. If you go in expecting that you have a chance to win if you just keep spending you will go broke. They aren't going to tell you that if you spend $20 on pack x you're guaranteed to win. They want you to spend everything you have blindly over and over again. That's the business model.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Here’s my problem with EA and card packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Like I’ve said before I don’t spend money on card packs. However, that does not mean I never would. For instance right now it says signature series in packs now. But they never tell you what pack they might be in? Is it the elite, all-pro, superstar, gridiron ????? WTF EA. Do you expect us to just buy every pack in the store? If I could spend $10.00 or $20.00 with the chance of getting one of these cards I might try it, I could then sell it for coins and buy several other players, but when I have no clue where they might be it’s aggravating.
Sports games now are all about microtransactions and nickel and diming people. If they told us which packs contained what, we all would by only those packs and that's not what they want. They want is spending money buying multiple card packs and most packs contain garbage.

I never understood why they even put bronze, silver and gold players in packs especially when most people have probably stopped using those players in the first week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »