Home

Madden 23 How's Your Ultimate Team Going?

This is a discussion on Madden 23 How's Your Ultimate Team Going? within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2022, 06:12 AM   #1
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Madden 23 How's Your Ultimate Team Going?

With the release of Madden 23 a month away I figured I'd start this thread with the hope that all the MUT players here on OS will come in and discuss this game mode as the season progresses.

Things like:
How's your team?
Theme team or not?
What challenges are you working on?
Newest player releases.
Solo battles.
Head to Head games.

I know there aren't a lot of MUT players here but I'm hoping the few that do play will come in and discuss , give each other pointers , and even play each other in head to head games. I know I could use some help with pre snap defensive adjustments. Hope to see some comments here after the release. I'll be updating the thread with my progress as the year goes on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

Re: Madden 23 How's Your Ultimate Team Going?

I ordered the All Madden Edition this year so just 10 more days until game time. This version includes:
3 day early access we get the game on the 16th.

4600 Madden Points - If you're new to MUT and you bought this edition of the game hold on to these points for a while. Don't be tempted to use them up early on. I strongly recommend waiting a few weeks until the higher rated cards start coming out.

Exclusive early access challenges from Aug 16th through the 18th - I guessing this is going to get us some exclusive players that non All Madden Edition people will not get.
Choice of 2 Elite players 1 offensive and 1 defensive - Another decent bonus for building our team.

I started seriously playing MUT in Madden 20. The main reasons:
1. Franchise mode was stripped down and stale.
2. The CPU offered me little to no challenge.

In Madden 20 I admitted here on Os that I got sucked in and spent way to much money on card packs to stay competitive. This was mainly because I started building my team a couple months after release and the other players on line had much stronger teams. In Madden 21 and 22 I did a good job building my team from day one by playing all the solo battles every week and earning the coins from those games , and from completing all the solo challenges that offered decent player cards or high coinage as rewards.

Also using the auction house is a great way to improve your team. Don't be quick to buy the newest releases though , they are ridiculously overpriced when they first come out. Be patient and in a week or so once more people auction off that same card you want , the price will drop a lot. In Madden 22 the Mahomes Golden Ticket card was going for over a million coins on day one. a few weeks later when the auction house was flooded with them I grabbed it for just over 300,000 coins.

It amazes me how quickly these top cards flood the auction house. People must be spending a lot of cash on packs.

Another thing I've learned is not to be fooled by the out of position cards. I've played a lot of games against guys using the OOP Derrick Henry or Joe Mixon at QB because they are fast runners. Yeah they can scramble but they are not very good at passing ,they are easy to pick off and easy to contain if they try and scramble. Also if you get a good hit on them they are prone to fumble.

My experience it's always better to use the player at his original position.
That's the unfortunate thing about this game mode ,you will play a lot of guys that go for the gimmick team , they know very little about football and you will know their entire game plan after one drive. Then you will shut them down quickly and they will quit. It's a nuisance but they usually leave quickly so you can move on to the next player.

I didn't spend to much time in MUT in the 23 beta, but in the time I did spent the cheese plays that my opponents were successful with in 22 failed them in 23. Let's hope it stays that way.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:12 AM   #3
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

One more day. Not sure what time we will be able to play , I'm hoping it's at midnight but with other recent games that has not been the case. I'm usually up at 4:00 AM so I'll check it out then.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:58 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Using the 10 hour trial I was able to finish all the solo challenges. A bit disappointed that there's no more challenges tonight with the official release. Without wanting to play H2H, I've already done the daily vs CPU games so I guess I'll be waiting for the rollover on those until tomorrow to give me something to do.

Feels like there were a lot more challenges at the start in previous years.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-24-2022, 03:58 PM   #5
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

It's Always slow going at the beginning. Things will pick up in a few weeks.

So far I have only used my 4600 points I received for buying the All Madden Edition of the game. I'm not going to be spending cash on packs until the high rated players come out ,and even then I'm limiting myself to a $150.00 budget for the year.

I only do the challenges that get me good players or a good amount of coins. I've got no use for Randy Moss at CB so I'm not bothering with those challenges. Mostly playing solo battles and head to head seasons to accumulate coins and improve my team. I'm going with a Chiefs theme team again this year. Currently my team is an 85 across the board.

At first I wasn't winning much online but I switched up my Defensive game plan and I'm having much more success now. I'm using the Patriots Defensive Playbook and I've put together a nice Blitz package that is deadly. If I'm not sacking the QB I'm causing him to throw an INT. Pressure works. I had to change my Xbox settings to allow communication from friends only because people are getting pissed off that I'm blitzing them and shutting them down. I got a few nasty message from some whiners. Right now my defense is scoring about two TD's a game.

I'm hoping EA releases some new players once the NFL season starts. There's not much variety on the auction house.

My Team:
Starting Lineup Offense:

QB Mahomes - 87
HB - Barry Sanders - 87
FB - Team Captain Larry Csonka - 88
WR's - Tyquan Thornton - 86
Ja'Maar Chase - 86
Gabriel Davis - 86
Marquez Valdez-Scantling - 84
Stefon Diggs - 86
TE - Travis Kelce - 87
Donald Parham Jr - 86
C - Creed Humphrey - 86
RT - Braden Smith - 83
RG- Trey Smith - 85
LG- Joe Thuney - 86
LT - Laremy Tunsil - 82

Starting Defensive lineup:
CB's - Kaiir Elam - 86
Damarri Mathis - 86
Caleb Farley - 82
Anthony Brown - 84
FS - Justin Simmons - 85
SS - Justin Reid - 84
MLB - Demerio Davis - 86
Zack Cunningham - 85
LOLB - Travon Walker - 86
ROLB - Divine Deablo - 86
DT - Chris Jones - 88
Derrick Brown - 86
LE - Chase Young - 83
RE - Kwity Paye - 86

Kicker - Harrison Butker - 86
Punter - Tommy Townsend - 79

My next upgrade is going to be at LE I'm saving up coins to get George Karlaftis - 86 he's going for between 165,000 and 180,000 now. I currently have 63,000 so by the time I get in range he will be a bit cheaper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2022, 11:02 PM   #6
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

I’m like 35-31

Started off like 5-20 so this is great for me. Iv mostly been winning lately. Made playoffs last 3 tries. Won SB in my last iteration

87 O 87 D

Things are pretty solid. Ppl only really run 3 offenses in MUT right now since there aren’t fast WRs that break the game yet.

Crossing route offense

Run heavy

Or an actual scheme(my least favorite ppl to play only cause i know every play is gonna need full attention)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2022, 05:08 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Never really done MUT before. Going to start today or this weekend. Only trying to play against the CPU and spend no money.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:01 AM   #8
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

The first few weeks this game mode was decent. Now it's a disaster. It's always been a money grab for EA but this year it's even worse and the auction house is ridiculous. Players are way over priced, so unless you are willing to empty your bank account , improving your team is next to impossible. Also rewards are messed up as well and have not been received for some challenges. EA continues to show how incompetent they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »