Home

In a good place, Madden Praise.

This is a discussion on In a good place, Madden Praise. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2022, 11:33 AM   #1
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0
In a good place, Madden Praise.

I wanted to flip the glass half empty view to half full. I currently have 2 things I like.

1. The press play with WR/Dbs
2. the ID the Mike and Protection adjustments for blocking.

Feel free to leave any and everything that you all feel is currently in a good state or needs minor adjustments if any at all. This will also show signs of what is highly regarded by the majority vs what is on the fence.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2022, 12:33 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: In a good place, Madden Praise.

The new route running animations were the highlight of the beta for me. They looked really good.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Player movement in the beta was better than any other football game to date, in my opinion. Not only the feel, but the way it animated and looked. The animation quality and the branching quality of animations had me in the replays literally watching RB's make cuts, LB's follow the play and then explode, DB's running with WR's, etc.

Run blocking animations in the beta were also beautiful to watch at times. The new animations EA has added over the last 2 years have been significantly higher quality and more authentic than anything they had in the past. Again, I was in the replays way too often simply watching the OL move around the LOS and into the second level.

WR/DB animations being more independent again. Maybe the WR/DB animations in the past were an okay idea in theory, but they were executed terribly. Seeing all of the new DB animations and seeing them be independent of the WR was a thing of beauty. It was also the cherry on top seeing that the animations were able to branch whenever a collision occurred so that the situation played out more like you'd expect. There was much less of the DB or WR being stuck in an animation that disallowed them from any contact altering their movement.

Lastly, defense. That's it. The defense in the beta was the best it has even been in an EA football game before and I pray that it remains that way at launch and throughout the cycle.

― Plato
Old 08-09-2022, 12:44 PM   #4
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Player movement in the beta was better than any other football game to date, in my opinion. Not only the feel, but the way it animated and looked. The animation quality and the branching quality of animations had me in the replays literally watching RB's make cuts, LB's follow the play and then explode, DB's running with WR's, etc.

Run blocking animations in the beta were also beautiful to watch at times. The new animations EA has added over the last 2 years have been significantly higher quality and more authentic than anything they had in the past. Again, I was in the replays way too often simply watching the OL move around the LOS and into the second level.

WR/DB animations being more independent again. Maybe the WR/DB animations in the past were an okay idea in theory, but they were executed terribly. Seeing all of the new DB animations and seeing them be independent of the WR was a thing of beauty. It was also the cherry on top seeing that the animations were able to branch whenever a collision occurred so that the situation played out more like you'd expect. There was much less of the DB or WR being stuck in an animation that disallowed them from any contact altering their movement.

Lastly, defense. That's it. The defense in the beta was the best it has even been in an EA football game before and I pray that it remains that way at launch and throughout the cycle.
EA better not mess with defense gameplay because i agree with you about defense is best in beta. i hope they tone number of interception down a little bit and tune cpu smarter playcalling on offense and defense This is why i already pre-ordered ALL Madden editiion on PS5 version to play it on August 16 instead play 10 hours trial
Old 08-09-2022, 01:22 PM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

In the Beta, the WR/DB interactions it was good to see they are no longer just 1 big animation together. Both players Play out separate animations and there was little to no suction going on. The other thing was the more organic tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Yea running between the tackles felt much much more rewarding and makes me anxious to get on the sticks more this release than previous.

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 08-09-2022, 02:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The new passing system is just amazingly fantastic, brings a whole new interest in the game in my view and is why I'm so excited to play a lot using different QBs and experimenting with it like I was doing during my 50 hours with the beta.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-09-2022, 02:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
Yea running between the tackles felt much much more rewarding and makes me anxious to get on the sticks more this release than previous.

The new hard cuts felt great and looked beautiful as well. I enjoyed them more than I thought I would and was very happy to see the CPU utilize them as well.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »