Home

Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

This is a discussion on Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2022, 09:56 PM   #33
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

I normally do offline but not this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xbox-Shugarooo
Twitch.tv/Shugarooo
Old 08-13-2022, 12:46 AM   #34
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Before I start making suggestions, I have a question.

For the story generator, is there some type of formula that says "x" story has a .05% chance of happening or "x" story has a 20% chance of happening? Or are they every across the board?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-13-2022, 01:16 AM   #35
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Before I start making suggestions, I have a question.

For the story generator, is there some type of formula that says "x" story has a .05% chance of happening or "x" story has a 20% chance of happening? Or are they every across the board?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
There will be weights. Definitely would not want certain ones to trigger on a constant basis. Will have to test and just play around to see what feels fun.

I am going to have to create a cloud franchise and see what options we have, I need to see if we use a dummy profile to bounce across teams to do stuff, if CPU will let things stick or if it will just revert. This could limit certain things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2022, 04:07 AM   #36
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
There will be weights. Definitely would not want certain ones to trigger on a constant basis. Will have to test and just play around to see what feels fun.

I am going to have to create a cloud franchise and see what options we have, I need to see if we use a dummy profile to bounce across teams to do stuff, if CPU will let things stick or if it will just revert. This could limit certain things.
I used a dummy profile quite a bit last year. If I remember right, some things would stick and others the would just undo. Mostly depth chart stuff. The workaround I found was nerfing ratings for a week. I guess it would just depend on what the story calls for though.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:52 AM   #37
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

So I LOVE the thought of this especially as someone who creates franchise content with the game. I have a curious question for you though.

I understand it's not compatible with offline franchises which is fine I get that. However could I use it in conjunction with an offline franchise? My main reason for asking is because I don't like being at the mercy of the servers when I want to record stuff. So if I have a cloud franchise for the storylines and a offline proper one would that be something I could take advantage of?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-13-2022, 10:55 AM   #38
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
So I LOVE the thought of this especially as someone who creates franchise content with the game. I have a curious question for you though.

I understand it's not compatible with offline franchises which is fine I get that. However could I use it in conjunction with an offline franchise? My main reason for asking is because I don't like being at the mercy of the servers when I want to record stuff. So if I have a cloud franchise for the storylines and a offline proper one would that be something I could take advantage of?

So the reason I decided to go this route.. it can pull events based off your franchise data…

Like I want to have a disgruntled player but randomly it might not make sense. With the rosters and stats, it could easily make sense.

With that said, once I get it built out, I’ll see if there’s any way to have a generator outside of the franchise for offline users, but will probably not be supported initially.

It’s a shame we cannot just get offline franchise files for console like we do on PC. Would make it infinitely better for sure.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #39
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Yeah that definitely makes sense as having context for things is very important so the stats, standings and all that match the storylines. I may a cloud franchise as a test to see how it works before I start a real one but thank you for getting back to me man!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 08-13-2022, 08:00 PM   #40
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

I should have mentioned this in the first post but if anyone is interested in helping me come up with some storylines for the generator, I would definitely be interested in working together to help me get a better variety in while still developing. Feel free to PM me here or DM on discord (TheBleedingRed21#9850).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »