Home

Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

This is a discussion on Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2022, 08:44 PM   #41
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise+ - Madden 23 Franchise Desktop App

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I should have mentioned this in the first post but if anyone is interested in helping me come up with some storylines for the generator, I would definitely be interested in working together to help me get a better variety in while still developing. Feel free to PM me here or DM on discord (TheBleedingRed21#9850).
Didn't Duece have a thread a few years back gathering stories for the scenario engine? It might be a good place to start depending on which would translate well to this method.

One added bonus to this, playing as owner now becomes viable since you won't feel like you're missing a part of the game by not seeing scenarios.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2022, 10:01 PM   #42
Pro

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Additional Screenshots
Spoiler

For those that are familiar with the MyFranchise tool for Madden PC, this might look somewhat familiar. While we are limited to the data that the companion app provides, it does allow me to make a "lite" version for consoles. I have posted a preview of the franchise hub users can expect to see at release.

For now, it is called Franchise+ and is a desktop application that you can view your cloud franchises on using the Madden companion app. This is designed for singe player cloud franchises (though an online league player could use it as well). It is designed for single players not to just be "yet another" franchise viewer but a franchise storyline generator. Since CPU teams cannot get scenarios and 32 team franchise just is not something I really want to do just to use scenarios, this app will generate league wide storylines (or you can call them scenarios) for the USER and CPU.

The goal of storylines is to provide random events that are instant resolved and some that are multi-game resolved. A possible event could be during pre-season week 1 called "Rookie breakout" and the app would determine a rookie player to get a "boost" in ratings (the user will have to input them of course). I have a plan to create a significant number of storylines to keep it fresh and exciting from season to season. The advantage of having it as a desktop app vs web app is I can better utilize the file system to allow users to have on going storylines instead of just one offs.

You are probably wondering why I would post this if it is not ready to download. Well, I would love to get feedback on things you guys would like to see (the companion app is rather limited though), storylines you think would be cool to do (Keep in mind, the user has to be able to input the edits/changes in the cloud franchise either through commissioner tools or as a 2nd profile). I also would like to see how many franchise players are interested in something like this. The more interest, the more I plan to add. Even if little interest, I will be using this for my personal franchise so I will of course finish it and release. Stay tuned!
This is amazing work as usual BleedingRed. Loved your companion app for madden 22 PC so i know this is going to kill. For storylines would love to see players get benched of they are not playing well, I loved the league suspensions Sabo added in injuries' on PC so something like that for players having to miss games. Trade demands would be great as well.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:04 PM   #43
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Going through stuff now on ps5 on M22 to see what we can and cannot do. Going to see what’s possible without a dummy profile then see what we will need the 2nd profile for. Much easier on PC where I could directly edit the file lol.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #44
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Completed (mostly) the standings and stats pages.. still got to create the team and player pages then will get to work on the storyline generator.

I am not sure how many are interested but I think I will drop a beta version WITHOUT the stroyline generator so you can try out the app and use it as a franchise viewer for now. Will help me catch some bugs in the process. Hopefully M23 will get the companion app updated ASAP.

Two more previews:

Old 08-15-2022, 11:12 AM   #45
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Completed the standings and stats pages.. still got to create the team and player pages then will get to work on the storyline generator.

I am not sure how many are interested but I think I will drop a beta version WITHOUT the stroyline generator so you can try out the app and use it as a franchise viewer for now. Will help me catch some bugs in the process. Hopefully M23 will get the companion app updated ASAP.

Two more previews:

Interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 12:33 PM   #46
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll test it out without the storyline generator also.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:58 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love this idea and would be interested in helping with any potential beta. Are there any known issues/areas of focus we can keep an eye out for when using the beta app?
Old 08-15-2022, 06:37 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Do you think it is possible in a future edition to either have the app save free agency recaps, draft results, retirement classes, etc. so we can go back in time and analyze the history of our leagues? Or would it be possible to extract that from the app and we use an external program like Excel to look at it all?

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »