Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2022, 08:38 PM   #33
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
I honestly don't think this game needs sliders adjustments to feel "realistic". Anyone agree? Also, the AI missed 2 FG's. The distance was about 54 yards on both. I've never seen that on any other Madden before.
It’s up to individual play style but I absolutely won’t be on default. I use all madden fwiw.

Only impression so far, gameplay speed is the same as the beta. Feels freaking fantastic. Will post more later.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:39 PM   #34
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
There are too many slider adjustments to make. Every game I play no matter what team, the CPU is constantly throwing INTs. And this is on AllPro, with INT slider on 5. Also, the CPU can’t run the ball nor can they avoid sacks.
Not having the sack issue but interceptions are happening way too often.

Marlon mack had a good game against me so I'm hopefull about the cpu run game.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:55 PM   #35
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
The cpu has only attempted 1 field goal and it was a 46 yarder that they missed. I was thrilled to see that.

I'm also seeing lots of penalties which is amazing. I've had holding, defensive pass interference, roughing the passer and roughing the kicker as well as 1 unsportsmanlike late hit out of bounds.

This is on all pro simulation.

Do you play with accelerated clock?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 08:57 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haven't played much but i did notice with the new passing you have to commit to the pass really early to be able to get it off before someone sacks you.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:01 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seeing a lot of new animations so far and that's refreshing. I also like the new touchdown graphics that at least mimic the FOX stuff (for some reason Madden can only dip their toe in a full broadcast presentation)

A few things that I'm just kind of "meh" about:

1. Was playing a snowy game at Arrowhead and ran a couple of no-huddle plays, as I got to the line of scrimmage, the camera was just slightly moving back and forth, as if was being blown by the wind. It went away as I got further down the field, but it was very annoying and made me feel sick.

2. I'm not sold on the somewhat new player models/types/builds. Every body looks kinda square?

3. The new way they did the jersey sleeve fits are odd. In the moderate one (I think it's called Loose), the edge of the sleeve that's away from the player's arm just jets outward and it looks bad.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:03 PM   #38
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadn5
Playing on All-Pro Simulation in Play Now.

I am in shock at the difference between this game and the beta. I put in probably around 40 hours into the beta and absolutely loved it.

The game feels like it's in fast forward in comparison, everything is sped up. It makes the animations feel jerky and ruins the tackling physics they had in the beta. All the little things that made the game feel organic are seemingly gone, replaced by twitchy animations that make the game feel more like M22 to me. The running locomotion in the beta was the smoothest I have ever felt in a video game and I feel like they turned up the speed to make it feel more "responsive". Instead of making it feel more responsive, the players now feel like they have no weight compared to what it was. You really felt the physicality of football in the beta.

The only thing that is better than the beta to me is the mid air collisions, but I'm severely disappointed in the feel of the game now. I was in replay constantly in the beta and was in awe of the little organic details that you would notice. Now it feels soulless.

I will continue playing the trial but I will probably cancel my preorder. They claimed to not change the gameplay from the beta but they striped out everything that I loved about it. It really is a shell of the game I played a couple months ago.
Toadn5 - I didn't get a chance to play the beta but I've watched every clip I could find when beta was running. I do have the trial and I feel like ur absolutely right.... I feel like when the ball is handed off to the ball carrier....he is right on the Olines back.....and I don't use speed until I'm in the open. It doesn't give me time to look for cut back lanes. However.....I do have a habit of dropping Speed Threshold to 40 as thr VERY FIRST THING I DO. I haven't had a chance to reset it back to default yet as I'm at work now. Could this be why the weighted feeling has gone?

Also..... I noticed in practice mode. The match up stick is not present. Showing height and speed difference etc and the players don't get into the zone. I tinkered around with Henry and because of good blocking I got the yardage like 6 out of 10 times but never did it show he was in the zone. I even switched to 2 direct teams with an X factor CB and he picked me off but never went into " The Zone" .wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2022, 09:07 PM   #39
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

For those that have never tried it, just give 75 or 95 speed threshold a go.

Has changed the game for me personally.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:09 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadn5
Playing on All-Pro Simulation in Play Now.

I am in shock at the difference between this game and the beta. I put in probably around 40 hours into the beta and absolutely loved it.

The game feels like it's in fast forward in comparison, everything is sped up. It makes the animations feel jerky and ruins the tackling physics they had in the beta. All the little things that made the game feel organic are seemingly gone, replaced by twitchy animations that make the game feel more like M22 to me. The running locomotion in the beta was the smoothest I have ever felt in a video game and I feel like they turned up the speed to make it feel more "responsive". Instead of making it feel more responsive, the players now feel like they have no weight compared to what it was. You really felt the physicality of football in the beta.

The only thing that is better than the beta to me is the mid air collisions, but I'm severely disappointed in the feel of the game now. I was in replay constantly in the beta and was in awe of the little organic details that you would notice. Now it feels soulless.

I will continue playing the trial but I will probably cancel my preorder. They claimed to not change the gameplay from the beta but they striped out everything that I loved about it. It really is a shell of the game I played a couple months ago.
Does anyone know if there was an update or a tuner set at some point today? The game is playing much better than this morning which these impressions were based on. It feels like it's back to being close to the beta gameplay. I'm so relieved!!

I honestly feel like there was a frame pacing issue that caused animations to play out too fast. Sooo much smoother now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »