Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2022, 11:53 PM   #65
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | PS5, XSX / XSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnathan11
Agreed. I tried both out, the new throwing mechanics but ending up going with the old way. Just figured I’m to old to learn an completely new throwing mechanic . Kinda gimmicky IMO.
See, that's the funny thing. It's like 90% the same mechanics we've been using for years. Leading the WR? Holding down the button for Lob / Touch / Bullet? That's been in the game for years, they simply made it visible and gave it more impact.

Quote:
Is Madden part of the Xbox game pass?
Yeah, it's part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I'm using that to play the trial right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 11:56 PM   #66
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I'd probably stay up all night and just watch and take pics/videos. The gameplay is just as I remember it on the Beta which is a great thing. As soon as I get the retail version either tomorrow or Friday I am going to make a copy of this version to a HDD drive so that if gameplay is changed at any time I can go back to this. And I'll keep beating this drum til somebody hears me...this game looks spectacular from the Broadcast Can angle. You really get to see things that you may not catch from other angles.

I'm also seeing more 3 man tackle interaction than I did in the Beta which is good. The running backs definitely fight for more yardage on run plays. QB's are still being run down when they try to escape the pocket going east and west.

Another thing I'm noticing is that after a WR makes a catch, if the DB is trailing there are no canned animations sucking the receiver into a tackle. The DB will make an attempt at grabbing the receiver and the receiver will shrug him off which is great.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 08-16-2022 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:58 PM   #67
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I started a Bills test CFM, default AM, classic passing.

I really like all the new added animations, makes the game look more natural. Pass rush seems perfect and it's going to take me some time to not throw a ton of picks. Rushing seems good, I love the new cut mechanic.

Scouting is improved and I'm enjoying it. I also like the contract negotiation presets, player tags and re-sign interest meter.

I'm going to sim most of the season to further test stuff like progressive fatigue late in the season.

Still too many good players in FA. I really wish the AI would scan FA each week and pick up some of the better players sitting out there. No reason to have a older 65 rated RB on the roster and a 75 rated younger RB sitting out there in FA. (this goes for many positions)

Player models, stadiums and colors/lighting looks fantastic so far in the games I've played.

Time will tell if I like it better than M21 but I'm intrigued by what I've seen thus far.
Old 08-16-2022, 12:28 AM   #68
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
Haven't played much but i did notice with the new passing you have to commit to the pass really early to be able to get it off before someone sacks you.
True. Which I would say is realistic to the real NFL. I drop back, set my feet and that works best. Just know where you want throw and to who and your progressions. Once you get it going its actually nice

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2022, 12:30 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
I got 9 penalties against Bucs : 8 rough passer and one rough kick
Roughing the passer is still broke. If you just raise it +1 it never stops.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:33 AM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
See, that's the funny thing. It's like 90% the same mechanics we've been using for years. Leading the WR? Holding down the button for Lob / Touch / Bullet? That's been in the game for years, they simply made it visible and gave it more impact.

Yeah, it's part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I'm using that to play the trial right now.
It's not the same for me. There are throws im actually able to make that I couldn't make it 22 or before. The back of end zone throw I mentioned earlier, that doesn't happen in past Maddens. There are other throws too. Maybe it's just me but I need this

Old 08-16-2022, 12:38 AM   #71
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I need to give some deep impressions soon but..

Put simply. This game is just fun. The movement has never been better in any sports game, hands down. Serious props to EA on that front.

I got some neat videos I plan to post soon as I can get time. Going to be a great cycle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 12:45 AM   #72
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Please remember everyone, impressions only. Post questions here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-q-thread.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »