Home

Madden 24 Franchise Mode Has Got No Juice

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Franchise Mode Has Got No Juice within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2023, 04:31 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 24 Franchise Mode Has Got No Juice

Coming off our review of Madden 24, I'm mostly in agreement with what Kevin wrote about...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2023, 04:43 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 24 Franchise Mode Has Got No Juice

We talk about lifelessness in franchise mode quite a bit so wanted to just put it together and explain it a couple different ways for why it's perplexing to me how it's so boring.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

They could easily make Madden franchise good with little work and choose to nothing.

4 weeks of preseason and they could make it fun to play.
Have players evaluate talent have position battles to make people want to play the game.

Makes cut mean something during preseason. Maybe that 3rd string QB played better than you 2nd so u promote him.

Have players sit out that want new contracts.

Season:
Have a weekly wrap up show.
When big free agents become available they could promote it.
Make the games more important and different. Rivalry games. Division games. Monday night and Thursday night games. Give the games a different feel and different broadcasters like 2k does. It makes the game fresher.
Old 08-28-2023, 05:36 PM   #4
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

For me, the fun of offline franchise is making the storylines yourself. Obviously EA could do more to make the mode more immersive but if you put in the work to immerse yourself in the storyline it goes a long way.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

m29a's Arena

My biggest problem with franchise mode is the sluggishness of menus. I actually think the mode has had more than enough "juice".

I would appreciate a franchise mode that strips away most of fluff like how NBA 2K24 is adding MyNBA Lite which is described as "built on three core pillars: drafting, trading, and winning championships." and to me it is more likely to attract users to the mode instead of stacking complexities and additional fluff that doesn't matter to or turns off most players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2023, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

A more open editor for players, coaches, coordinators. easier and more complete 32 team control, customizable storylines, a MYEras type mode where you can start a historical franchise in a set season (Manning/Brady Era? 80s QB era? Barry Sanders era) etc.

This game's refusal to open itself up to customization and offline play does all the talking. It is a business after all.

At this point I'd be more inclined to pay for a solid football game with customization and a worthwhile franchise mode as a monthly subscription instead of it just being this dead shell of its former self every year
Old 08-28-2023, 06:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

It has the Jim Jones juice, is what it has. It's not what they told you it was, and if you drink it, well, there's all of the rest of us that warned you over and over to not even put yourselves in that position.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:45 PM   #8
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

There is zero soul in franchise mode. So many things slap you in the face and remind you that you're navigating this horrible mode instead of feeling engrossed. It hits the uncanny valley multiple times with these stupid cut scenes that amount to nothing more than choosing what kind of objective you want for the week. Oh, I have a bye week: do I want less stamina but more sharpness? Or more stamina and less sharpness? GOD I hate even reading "Too Relaxed."

Everything about the mode is lifeless, soulless, without any sense of connection. It's just one disjointed moment after another. And yet, the FIFA series' franchise mode feels solid, even with its shortcomings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »