Home

Madden NFL 23 Impressions | Last-Gen (PS4, XB1, PC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 23 Impressions | Last-Gen (PS4, XB1, PC) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2022, 10:10 PM   #9
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 23 Impressions | Last-Gen (PS4, XB1, PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Playing on PC and I'm not impressed.

Only thing I've enjoyed for the "price" is the new player tags/motivations, contracts pre-built terms, free agency evaluations and the face of the franchise (early on game play at least).

Not getting any gameplay improvements, such as replays, player movements, momentum, etc for a 3rd year in a row is ridiculous. And the fact that they are charging the "standard" last Gen price of $59.99 USD is blatant disrespect.

Just charge $30 and let modders get the PC version were it needs to be.

I truly feel bad for the last Gen console players that can't financially afford or find a console!
they can afford Xbox series S cost 299.99.. Xbox series S has all features : Fieldsense, Next Gen Stats.. Xbox series S is available everywhere in USA
Old 08-15-2022, 10:16 PM   #10
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
they can afford Xbox series S cost 299.99.. Xbox series S has all features : Fieldsense, Next Gen Stats.. Xbox series S is available everywhere in USA
This isn't about next gen dude, this is an impressions thread for last gen, believe it or not there are still a lot of us on last gen.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-15-2022, 10:51 PM   #11
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Just charge $30 and let modders get the PC version were it needs to be.
It's simply never going to happen. Baseline game pricing is not going to trend downwards.

Regarding impressions, I'm having just an OK time. There might be some gameplay adjustments, but nothing substantial I've seen. Going through franchise is becoming kind of a chore, and I had hoped the menus would be snappier one of these years. I realize a lot of the franchise improvements were requested by people for years -- but I personally don't think it adds that much and is more fluff than anything.

At some point I suppose the series isn't for me anymore because I don't find playing through the menus in franchise to be particularly enjoyable, and I personally don't think the gameplay is anything outstanding -- it's simply decent -- nothing more or less, so me just playing quick match games against the AI (like I do with the NBA 2K series because I enjoy the gameplay a lot there) doesn't seem likely long term.

Probably will just run through the trial and not touch it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2022, 11:48 PM   #12
Rookie

As a PC player which has next, next gen hardware. This game is the typical/standard Madden everyone is used to.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
This isn't about next gen dude, this is an impressions thread for last gen, believe it or not there are still a lot of us on last gen.
I haven't played this game since they had the option to change the game speed. And it's still the same game.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:16 AM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
lol it time for you to move on to current gen : PS5/Xbox series S/X. you could buy xbox series S to play better version with Fieldsense gameplay
Quote:
Neither of these posts are at all relevant and all you're doing is trolling.

First - if you don't have an impression for last-gen, leave the thread.

Second - Consider this a warning, next time will be a ban.

Last - Don't ever assume someone can or can't afford something. It's not fair and is incredibly insulting. You have absolutely no idea about anyone else's financial situation except your own. Priorites can vary drastically.

I'll put myself out there as an example. I can easily afford one but we have a kid on the way. I could buy a next gen system but in all reality, don't play much as is and won't be playing much at all for a few years and we have many much more important expenses on the way.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-16-2022 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:21 AM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Neither of these posts are at all relevant and all you're doing is trolling.

First - if you don't have an impression for last-gen, leave the thread.

Second - Consider this a warning, next time will be a ban.

Last - Don't ever assume someone can or can't afford something. It's not fair and is incredibly insulting. You have absolutely no idea about anyone else's financial situation except your own. Priorites can vary drastically.

I'll put myself out there as an example. I can easily afford one but we have a kid on the way. I could buy a next gen system but in all reality, don't play much as is and won't be playing much at all for a few years and we have many much more important expenses on the way.

And if non of that resonates, re-read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Madden NFL 23 unlocks for All-Madden Edition pre-orders and EA PLAY trial access Tuesday at midnight. This thread will unlock at that time.

Please only post impressions in this thread. Q&A / commentary / non-impressions will be deleted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 01:23 AM   #16
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

The player models look AWFUL!

Why does every OL look like a sumo wrestler with a spare tire? All the DL are way too jacked.

Why did I spend $100 on this!? I know this won't be fixed for a long time, if ever and I don't have the time to edit every player.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »