Home

Not enough injuries in franchise

This is a discussion on Not enough injuries in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2022, 08:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I see a ton of injuries to CPU teams. I've not had many on my team (2 guys out for 6 weeks each and a couple for a game here or there), but I'm only in week 12 of season 1. In the news section I'm seeing multiple players with season enders most weeks around the league.

I think the news is bugged. I was seeing a TON of those blips, but when I checked the injury lists I saw that those players were injured, but definitely not for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #26
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

I'm just kind of curious has anyone tested global injury rating roster edits to produce more injuries during a season both for human and CPU?
Because I know it's something I do for my teams in NCAA 14 to produce more injuries and even by position too, QBs are -25, RBs are -30, OL and DL are - 80 etc.
And with the NFL there are only 32 teams so it could be potentially be done for the whole league, then saved on Madden share. The only issue is draft classes would need to be edited, and then the UDFAs and practice squad players the next season.
Or are injuries only a problem for the QBs and not other positions?
Just thinking of alternatives instead of the supersim method, which works! I used it in a 32 team test, just trying to avoid the offline franchise data file corruption bug by not using multiple teams, and potential use in a solo online franchise.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2022, 07:07 PM   #27
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitty_5
I'm just kind of curious has anyone tested global injury rating roster edits to produce more injuries during a season both for human and CPU?
Because I know it's something I do for my teams in NCAA 14 to produce more injuries and even by position too, QBs are -25, RBs are -30, OL and DL are - 80 etc.
And with the NFL there are only 32 teams so it could be potentially be done for the whole league, then saved on Madden share. The only issue is draft classes would need to be edited, and then the UDFAs and practice squad players the next season.
Or are injuries only a problem for the QBs and not other positions?
Just thinking of alternatives instead of the supersim method, which works! I used it in a 32 team test, just trying to avoid the offline franchise data file corruption bug by not using multiple teams, and potential use in a solo online franchise.

So I personally haven't tried the editing of the roster method. I think that "could" work but since I haven't tested it I don't want to say for sure. One though, the super sim method that i use, I do use in online. I have a dummy profile created on my ps5 that I invite into the league. I use that profile to switch through the teams. It is a little extra work but for. me it's not too bad.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #28
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

Playing a test franchise with the Packers and Jimmy G just got hurt on the opening drive. Very realistic too. Was rolling out and took a huge shot from Preston Smith after the pass. I was hoping it was a shoulder or chest but it was a tricep. I’ll take it! This is with Armor sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2022, 10:56 PM   #29
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
So I personally haven't tried the editing of the roster method. I think that "could" work but since I haven't tested it I don't want to say for sure. One though, the super sim method that i use, I do use in online. I have a dummy profile created on my ps5 that I invite into the league. I use that profile to switch through the teams. It is a little extra work but for. me it's not too bad.
I did a little testing yesterday just mainly focusing on the QBs on a test online solo franchise, default sliders other than injury at 53 like the supersim.
I did what Mike Lowe said and halved all their injury ratings and here is a list of what I got through to week 8 at simmed just on advancing weeks.

Teddy Bridewater - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Davis Mills - 3 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Justin Fields - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Derek Carr - 3 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Matt Stafford - 5 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Kyle Allen - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Jeff Driskel - 6 Weeks, Wk 2
Carson Wentz - 1 Week, Wk 3
Nick Mullins - 2 Weeks, Wk 3
Lamar Jackson - 3 Weeks, Wk 3, 5 Weeks, Wk 7
Marcus Mariota - 2 Weeks, Wk 4
Matt Ryan - 7 Weeks, Wk 5
Josh Allen - 5 Weeks, WK 5
Justin Herbert - 4 Weeks, Wk 8

53 injury slider, in game is quite good getting like 10-12 injuries in the game mainly short term stuff.
Out of game not so good mainly team have 2-3 injuries at a time even some with none. I'm a bit of masochist and would love to see most teams have 10-12 injuries at a time as injury luck is a major factor in sport but got no idea how to go about it, with progressive fatigue and other sliders sets upping fatigue slider too, without breaking it.

Old 08-20-2022, 11:15 PM   #30
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitty_5
I did a little testing yesterday just mainly focusing on the QBs on a test online solo franchise, default sliders other than injury at 53 like the supersim.
I did what Mike Lowe said and halved all their injury ratings and here is a list of what I got through to week 8 at simmed just on advancing weeks.

Teddy Bridewater - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Davis Mills - 3 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Justin Fields - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 2
Derek Carr - 3 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Matt Stafford - 5 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Kyle Allen - 6 Weeks, Pre Season Wk 3
Jeff Driskel - 6 Weeks, Wk 2
Carson Wentz - 1 Week, Wk 3
Nick Mullins - 2 Weeks, Wk 3
Lamar Jackson - 3 Weeks, Wk 3, 5 Weeks, Wk 7
Marcus Mariota - 2 Weeks, Wk 4
Matt Ryan - 7 Weeks, Wk 5
Josh Allen - 5 Weeks, WK 5
Justin Herbert - 4 Weeks, Wk 8

53 injury slider, in game is quite good getting like 10-12 injuries in the game mainly short term stuff.
Out of game not so good mainly team have 2-3 injuries at a time even some with none. I'm a bit of masochist and would love to see most teams have 10-12 injuries at a time as injury luck is a major factor in sport but got no idea how to go about it, with progressive fatigue and other sliders sets upping fatigue slider too, without breaking it.

So EA needs to edit their QB injury ratings (which they will never do), I'm liking your results.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:48 PM   #31
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

It's always something with Madden. No idea why the devs wouldn't alow injuries. They just seem to fix one thing, screw up another.
Multi patches to follow. Havent bought Madden in four years, may not again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 11:52 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

I've had four players injured in games I've been playing and three in games I have simmed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »