Home

Not enough injuries in franchise

This is a discussion on Not enough injuries in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2022, 09:18 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitty_5
I no problem at all, the curiosity got to me and I wanted to try it out. Unfortunately the problem is that it won't be a universal injury adjustment, it will have to be a position by position adjustment.

The QB and RB/FB tests went fairly well in terms of sim injures and in game. But I have ran a WR and TE test as well, that didn't go so great.

I'm at week 13 with the Bengals at 53 injury slider, -40 injury for the WRs and TEs and to save you guys the list it was about 85-87 sim injuries which I think would be a little too much.
In game, I quit before halftime because I had lost 3 WRs for the game, 2 TE's as well. So it is trying to find that balance between sim and in game.

I know for me personally, I don't mind having to edit rookies classes, as I already do it after every draft anyway to do positional fixes and equipment edits so doing the injury rating won't bother me at all. I see it as another way to add more to my franchise experience.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Operation Sports mobile app
Apologies if I have missed something but am I right in thinking you are using the same sim slider setting for in-game and simmed games?

I think if you are going to go down the road of roster editing (and I will be) then you need to adjust (lower) the slider rating before playing the in-game, and then readjust again when you are ready to start simming the rest of the league games.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:33 AM   #50
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Apologies if I have missed something but am I right in thinking you are using the same sim slider setting for in-game and simmed games?

I think if you are going to go down the road of roster editing (and I will be) then you need to adjust (lower) the slider rating before playing the in-game, and then readjust again when you are ready to start simming the rest of the league games.
Yes I have been keeping the injury slider the same on every test at 53, and kept it at that for the games I played too.
It could very well be an option for me to use the different values for in game and sim, my main focus has more been on the sim side of things.

I've only played a game or two each test to see how sensitive the rating is in game because usually if the injury rating is too low, or the injury slider is too high, players go down like every second play. Which is the only thing I'm trying to avoid when playing a game and go from there. I'm not playing enough games to effectively test in games and the potential randomness involved with it.

I got the idea from a NCAA 14 house rule of changing my teams injury ratings to produce more user injuries, and Mike Lowe saying that he produced more QB injuries by halfing their injury rating. And then knowing how the NCAA ratings were set up I went down the rabbit hole of testing the different position groups as a universal injury rating for everyone won't work.

And I'm just showing my results to my tests to show that we could potentially have a workaround for injuries in Franchise as it is obviously something that is not going to be tuned by the devs anytime soon.

And with teams having 3-4 injures and some teams with none by Week 15/16 in a season it is not really realistic to the NFL. Even if it could get to a point of every team having like 6 to 12 injuries each by the end of the regular season I reckon it would improve the franchise experience at least for me anyway.

Old 08-24-2022, 12:09 PM   #51
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Now that we are making great progress with this information. The next thing I think that should get tested is the “toughness” attribute.

to see if there is any correlation or relative data that can be found from having 99 vs 50 vs 1 toughness (stacked with these alternative injury edits)

The Qb list didn’t seem bad. But the running back list was a bit extreme. But also this would cut down on the amount of 1k 11td runners madden likes to produce.

Which is also a reason I think the sim stats get wonky…

But to the root let’s see if we can find a correlation if any with toughness rating

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #52
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
I started to do this method the last few days and i came up with a method thats a little different. So i still go and create dummy profiles for 16 teams but what i changed is that i put the injury slider on 100. I did this in week 2 of the preseason and whenever the main team i used had their bye week. What this does is give each team a significant amount of injuries throughout the season and cuts the amount of times i have to keep switching from team to team. On average i was seeing around 10-12 players get injured per game for each team and around 2-6 of those players had injuries that lasted for multiple weeks from those games. And lastly only like 5 -7 players have had season ending injuries. Thank you for the idea sphinx!
This is a great idea, if or when they ever get the interception thing figured out, I'll probably switch to this. Thanks for running with this idea and expanding on it.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:54 PM   #53
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Now that we are making great progress with this information. The next thing I think that should get tested is the “toughness” attribute.

to see if there is any correlation or relative data that can be found from having 99 vs 50 vs 1 toughness (stacked with these alternative injury edits)

The Qb list didn’t seem bad. But the running back list was a bit extreme. But also this would cut down on the amount of 1k 11td runners madden likes to produce.

Which is also a reason I think the sim stats get wonky…

But to the root let’s see if we can find a correlation if any with toughness rating

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
For my personal taste, I liked the RB list with it being I would say the most volatile postion injury wise outside the trenches with OL and DL.
If people say that that their top guy or top draft pick keep getting hurt look at careers like Christian McCaffrey and Saquan Barkley or even what happened to Elijah Mitchell last season.

And that's why I'm posting why results too, to give a reference point so if people don't like the results at - 40, they could adjust their roster to -30 and so on

Old 08-24-2022, 08:06 PM   #54
Rookie

Jitty_5's Arena

Also I like the idea to toughness too, it's just I don't really want spend the time testing toughness rating individually, then testing in conjunction with injury rating. At some point I do want to play the game. I am curious though if toughness could be related more to injury severity than injury rate.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #55
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I believe toughness just impacts the length and recovery time of an injury. I don't plan to adjust those at all, for my own taste.

I'm also not convinced the injury slider is impacting simulated games. It has in the past, but not every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2022, 10:04 AM   #56
Rookie

ynkeecwby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
By far the quickest way to get QB injuries is to edit the roster file before (or after) you start.

It's as simple as taking 20-30 mins one time to edit all QBs injury rating down by 50% or whatever you want.

That'll last all season long and just need to edit any QBs signed during the season from free agency and then rookie QBs after each draft.

I'm using 50% reduction and INJ slider at 50 and it's working like a charm.
This has worked very well for me in the several years I sim tested. I checked the QB injuries weekly and got a good variance In number and length. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »