Home

Not enough injuries in franchise

This is a discussion on Not enough injuries in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Axis Football 2023 Football Review - Budget Football Getting Better Each Year
eFootball 2023 Review - Relegation Remains Earned
Why You Should Be Playing WWE 2K22
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2022, 09:44 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Not enough injuries in franchise

I know this may seem like a very small issue but i have to bring this to the light. Madden the past few years just does not have enough injuries in franchise mode. On average there are around 50-60 players on the injury report in madden 23 which is around 1-2 players per team. I donít have the official numbers but i know that this is no where near accurate to what the real NFL is. This affects the team building aspect of the game as players can just load up on good starters and not have to worry about the depth of their roster. In theory the simple solution should be to just raise the injury slider to be able to get the results that i want but unfortunately the injury slider does not affect injuries while simming games. Does anyone have any solutions or thoughts on this topic?
Btj98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 09:52 PM   #2
Rookie
 
ynkeecwby's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2022
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
In theory the simple solution should be to just raise the injury slider to be able to get the results that i want but unfortunately the injury slider does not affect injuries while simming games. Does anyone have any solutions or thoughts on this topic?
I wasnít aware of the injury slider not affecting sim games. So injuries when I sim are just done at whatever under the hood algorithm EA put in?
ynkeecwby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:47 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkeecwby
I wasnít aware of the injury slider not affecting sim games. So injuries when I sim are just done at whatever under the hood algorithm EA put in?

Correct from what i was told the injury slider does not affect injuries while simming games. The annoying part is that it used to work like this back in madden 20 and they changed it in madden 21. As of today the devs are the only people that can change this and at the minimum need to increase it by at least double of what it is rn.
Btj98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:23 PM   #4
Emerald Archer
 
Sphinx's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 830
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

The only workaround I have found for this is using a dummy account and controlling the other teams and super simming their games. Super sim uses the injury slider. So I usually will put it around 52-53 and super sim cpu games about 2-3 times a season. That usually gets injuries to a realistic place. By the end of the season you'll see them with multiple guys on IR and lots more parity.

It just takes some added time to do. It can be done in online or offline franchise as well which is nice.
Sphinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:04 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
The only workaround I have found for this is using a dummy account and controlling the other teams and super simming their games. Super sim uses the injury slider. So I usually will put it around 52-53 and super sim cpu games about 2-3 times a season. That usually gets injuries to a realistic place. By the end of the season you'll see them with multiple guys on IR and lots more parity.

It just takes some added time to do. It can be done in online or offline franchise as well which is nice.

It works (also allows you to make sure depth charts are accurate etc), but it's also 45 minutes to make 31 dummy profiles and then countless hours having to micromanage the teams every week.
Falcon17000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 12:11 AM   #6
Emerald Archer
 
Sphinx's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 830
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
It works (also allows you to make sure depth charts are accurate etc), but it's also 45 minutes to make 31 dummy profiles and then countless hours having to micromanage the teams every week.
I just create one profile and retire it after the supersim and join the next team. on the list, rinse repeat. Last year, I was getting it done in about 30 minutes or so. It's a pain but at least for me, worth to have a little bit more realism.
Sphinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:10 AM   #7
MVP
 
Mattanite's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,526
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

I did some analysis last year.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-injuries.html

One thing I need to check is do injury ratings affect frequency of injuries in sim, if they do then a quicker way would be to use the roster analysis spreadsheet and scale down all player injuries in a single roster and then repeat after each draft for rookies.
Mattanite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Not enough injuries in franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
I did some analysis last year.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-injuries.html

One thing I need to check is do injury ratings affect frequency of injuries in sim, if they do then a quicker way would be to use the roster analysis spreadsheet and scale down all player injuries in a single roster and then repeat after each draft for rookies.
Yes this is the thread i remember from last year and the research i was referring to so thank you Mattanite. I believe you and I were talking to swami last year about this topic but it sucks to see they couldn't get around to adjusting this. Hopefully there will be a fix for it soon.
Btj98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Top -