Home

Any franchise mode glitches reported?

This is a discussion on Any franchise mode glitches reported? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2022, 12:11 PM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Any franchise mode glitches reported?

I have not tested this myself yet, but per Reddit: there is a bug where one’s game for the week will launch in a “practice” state; the teams wear practice jerseys, there is no commentary, and there is no score bug. When you quit the game following triggering this bug, the game you started gets recorded as a 0-0 tie with no stats.

This bug reportedly triggers when, during a given week in Franchise, prior to playing your game you enter practice but run zero plays.

The workaround for this bug is reportedly as follows:

1 - if you use practice in Franchise mode, always run at least one play. The bug triggers if you enter and immediately exit practice.

2 - if you use practice in Franchise mode, prior to playing your game for a week, always enter Uniform Select at the Controller Select screen prior to starting the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 12:20 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
The 5-6+ year offline Franchise save corruption bug is still there as it was in M22 and I've heard M21. I don't know if it also affects online franchise but it's really seems to be an issue with offline one an totally kills any long term franchises.

Here's the M23 thread on EA forum
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report.../11741198#M126

Here's the long thread for M22 on EA forum
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...10704055#M4748

Post #372 on page 38 has a pretty comprehensive breakdown of the problem

My own little test of the problem was pretty barebones and it still resulted in a corruption file. I used base roster, no draft classes. I simmed like 2 seasons and then 10 year simmed until 2034. Played a 1 minute quarter SB and the game crashed after it and wouldn't let me load the auto-save file or the main file. It's just such a crazy mode killing bug.

Oh man, I didn't know this was a probalem that others experienced last year. Damn. It stopped me from playing last year and they didn't fix it?

WTF?
Old 08-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
For me, about 75% of the Madden experience is as a GM simulator, so I really only want to control one team, and have the rest TRY to simulate the league.

That’s what I would prefer as well but even when you only control one team the CPU doesn’t really trade much after the 1st 2 years anyways. With 32 I can make all teams use scenarios, help teams release poor contracts, use franchise tag when necessary, avoid over drafting QBs and set depth charts. Hopefully player tags take the last two items off my plate. So the reward for me out weighs the time it takes to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #28
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
That’s what I would prefer as well but even when you only control one team the CPU doesn’t really trade much after the 1st 2 years anyways. With 32 I can make all teams use scenarios, help teams release poor contracts, use franchise tag when necessary, avoid over drafting QBs and set depth charts. Hopefully player tags take the last two items off my plate. So the reward for me out weighs the time it takes to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I understand what you're saying, absolutely. And I know that its just broken, and has been for ages. But doing that just saps all of the fun out of it for me.

Its a big part of why I stopped buying Madden at release years ago, and have been going every other year at clearance price for a while. I'd hoped that the features added this year might be a boost, but from it sounds like, its all really buggy right now.
Old 08-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #29
Rookie

As of right now, the mode is unplayable because of the free agency issues. #polished
Old 08-19-2022, 02:50 PM   #30
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
As of right now, the mode is unplayable because of the free agency issues. #polished
What free agent issues?
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 08-19-2022, 03:17 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
What free agent issues?
After 2023, young superstars like Justin Herbert and Justin Jefferson hit free agency. It’s an immersion killer, especially with Herbert and later Burrow and Lamar Jackson also hitting the market. Other than a 40-year-old Tom Brady and a recovering from a neck injury Peyton Manning, when’s the last time a franchise QB was a free agent? And when was a young QB like Herbert or Burrow available?

Of course, it all stems from the lack of any contract changes even as real-life deals get bigger and more complex.

Last edited by JoeRodgers1175; 08-19-2022 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
Everything I have heard is that it really doesn't matter how you play at some point in an OFFLINE franchise the file will corrupt and it takes both the autosave and the main file. It's just a crazy issue that no one can really pinpoint. I've heard people saying it has happened as soon as year 4 but generally it seems people see it in the 5-7 range.

Also this doesn't seem to affect online franchise at all....I tested an online one last night and got to 2033 with no problems. While I greatly prefer offline, I honestly think I'm gonna go ahead and start a solo online Niner franchsie. I've been playing Madden 20 for 3 years now (I didn't like M21 and once I found out about this in M22 I lost interest). While I really love my classic roster with draft class franchise on Madden 20, I'm just in a mood to get the Trey Lance era started and it seems like the online franchise is in a much better place to knock out a rather long term franchise. As to the OFFLINE bug, I guess its been a thing since M21 and it just feels like it would have been solved by now if they really knew what was happening.
This is precisely why I back up my saved data to the cloud after EVERY offline franchise game.

That way if the file corrupts, I can simply redownload from the cloud, and I lose only a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »