Home

Any franchise mode glitches reported?

This is a discussion on Any franchise mode glitches reported? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #33
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Any franchise mode glitches reported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
After 2023, young superstars like Justin Herbert and Justin Jefferson hit free agency. It’s an immersion killer, especially with Herbert and later Burrow and Lamar Jackson also hitting the market. Other than a 40-year-old Tom Brady and a recovering from a neck injury Peyton Manning, when’s the last time a franchise QB was a free agent? And when was a young QB like Herbert or Burrow available?

Of course, it all stems from the lack of any contract changes even as real-life deals get bigger and more complex.

Given that my entire goal with the game is to partially tear down the Dolphins and rebuild them, I see that as an awesome bonus, not a negative. Madden has had far too few great players reach free agency for years now.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:16 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
After 2023, young superstars like Justin Herbert and Justin Jefferson hit free agency. It’s an immersion killer, especially with Herbert and later Burrow and Lamar Jackson also hitting the market. Other than a 40-year-old Tom Brady and a recovering from a neck injury Peyton Manning, when’s the last time a franchise QB was a free agent? And when was a young QB like Herbert or Burrow available?

Of course, it all stems from the lack of any contract changes even as real-life deals get bigger and more complex.

They hit FA because the Chargers and Vikings are pinned really close to the cap, and the AI won't take on huge cap penalties if they can avoid it.

The fix isn't exactly simple. Allow AI to take more cap penalties will result in the AI inevitably having zero cap space because of said penalties.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:37 PM   #35
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:

Wow what a disaster, What is wrong with EA that they can not learn from games like NBA2K and MLB the show and fix things for franchise?

And based on the crashing people are talking about I guess I need to run my franchise as an online. But I will wait to see if they can patch free agent issues
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2022, 09:39 PM   #36
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
They hit FA because the Chargers and Vikings are pinned really close to the cap, and the AI won't take on huge cap penalties if they can avoid it.

The fix isn't exactly simple. Allow AI to take more cap penalties will result in the AI inevitably having zero cap space because of said penalties.
I love it IRL when teams mismanage the cap and have to blow it up. I was FURIOUS that the league allowed several of them to get away with funny business to get around that because of Covid. Made me want to pull my hair out.
Old 08-19-2022, 09:42 PM   #37
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I love it IRL when teams mismanage the cap and have to blow it up. I was FURIOUS that the league allowed several of them to get away with funny business to get around that because of Covid. Made me want to pull my hair out.
True but lets be honest if Burrow or Herbert in their prime needed to be signed they would cut half the roster if need be. They would never hit FA that early
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 08-19-2022, 10:17 PM   #38
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Franchise this year is incredibly unpolished.

I've seen:
  • Countless UI bugs
  • Draft board issues
  • Missing logos for relocation teams
  • Relocation teams being in the wrong locker room during cutscenes
  • Players having the wrong jersey name during cutscenes
  • Generated draft prospects with censored names
Old 08-19-2022, 11:24 PM   #39
Rookie

It’s also worth noting that 2021 defensive sacks are not recorded for any player whether it be offline or online. Huge immersion killer. As per usual, madden is unplayable at release if you want realism.
Old 08-19-2022, 11:56 PM   #40
Rookie

Seems like the corruption glitch from last few maddens in franchise is back. ut 100% has something to do with any custom class thats imported into the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »