Home

Any franchise mode glitches reported?

This is a discussion on Any franchise mode glitches reported? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2022, 12:22 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any franchise mode glitches reported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
Wow what a disaster, What is wrong with EA that they can not learn from games like NBA2K and MLB the show and fix things for franchise?
In fairness, 2K has the same problem, but there are sliders to somewhat manage cap issues. MLB, meanwhile, doesn’t have a salary cap but The Show’s free agency is also flawed.

Last edited by JoeRodgers1175; 08-20-2022 at 12:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 12:24 AM   #42
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
True but lets be honest if Burrow or Herbert in their prime needed to be signed they would cut half the roster if need be. They would never hit FA that early
I really hate that aspect of real life, and enjoy trying to make Madden and other sports games better when I can. I absolutely want a grounded, simulation style football game on the field, but just because the NFL does something a certain way doesn't make it the best.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:41 AM   #43
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
They hit FA because the Chargers and Vikings are pinned really close to the cap, and the AI won't take on huge cap penalties if they can avoid it.

The fix isn't exactly simple. Allow AI to take more cap penalties will result in the AI inevitably having zero cap space because of said penalties.
The other issue is CPU teams not making use of the franchise tag and/or shopping players they can't afford extend/re-sign for trade.

I have a partial solution - a Cornerstone Tag

With the cornerstone tag, you might see CPU teams creating the CAP space needed to retain the Cornerstone player by restructuring other players' contracts or letting other, less important players hit the open market.

They may also place the franchise tag on the Cornerstone player, giving you and other interested teams an opportunity to negotiate a deal and still acquire the player but not without also giving up some premium draft capital.

I believe they can get this done in a future update for M23 and not have to wait until Madden 24.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:42 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I really hate that aspect of real life, and enjoy trying to make Madden and other sports games better when I can. I absolutely want a grounded, simulation style football game on the field, but just because the NFL does something a certain way doesn't make it the best.

I agree with this. I tend to run franchises for 5-6 in game seasons, and having every free agent class have 4 or 5 86+s that are all 35 or older, and then nothing better than an 80-81 after that is frustrating (and also not realistic either).
Old 08-20-2022, 01:45 AM   #45
Rookie

Like here's an example from last year. I did a 10-year franchise before Madden 22 ended.

Best free agent QB of every year:

2023: Tom Brady
2024: Tom Brady
2025: Tom Brady
2026: Tom Brady
2027: Daniel Jones
2028: Daniel Jones
2029: Henry Townsend (former 2nd overall pick that got hurt, his team drafted a new QB first overall, and Townsend got stuck on the depth chart)
2030: Townsend
2031: Townsend
2032: 34 year old Tua.

Every other QB was a 74 overall or less essentially every single season. I wouldn't call that realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 02:10 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

Do you have to pay more money to have an online franchise?
Old 08-20-2022, 02:14 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13

I used to take control of around 15 to 20 teams during the offseason to ensure they didn't do stupid stuff in FA and the draft. Last year, that was not possible. Frustrating.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:21 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
The 5-6+ year offline Franchise save corruption bug is still there as it was in M22 and I've heard M21. I don't know if it also affects online franchise but it's really seems to be an issue with offline one an totally kills any long term franchises.

Here's the M23 thread on EA forum
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report.../11741198#M126

Here's the long thread for M22 on EA forum
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...10704055#M4748

Post #372 on page 38 has a pretty comprehensive breakdown of the problem

My own little test of the problem was pretty barebones and it still resulted in a corruption file. I used base roster, no draft classes. I simmed like 2 seasons and then 10 year simmed until 2034. Played a 1 minute quarter SB and the game crashed after it and wouldn't let me load the auto-save file or the main file. It's just such a crazy mode killing bug.
This is absolutely wild to me that it wasn't fixed in the game. I've been waiting to hear if this was still an issue.

I have a working but no baseline theory that because YouTuber's do "5 year rebuilds" that the company thinks people only want to play 5 years worth of Madden Franchise. I know that is not true at all, but that's my theory!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »