Home

Any franchise mode glitches reported?

This is a discussion on Any franchise mode glitches reported? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2022, 01:11 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Any franchise mode glitches reported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
Everything I have heard is that it really doesn't matter how you play at some point in an OFFLINE franchise the file will corrupt and it takes both the autosave and the main file. It's just a crazy issue that no one can really pinpoint. I've heard people saying it has happened as soon as year 4 but generally it seems people see it in the 5-7 range.

Also this doesn't seem to affect online franchise at all....I tested an online one last night and got to 2033 with no problems. While I greatly prefer offline, I honestly think I'm gonna go ahead and start a solo online Niner franchsie. I've been playing Madden 20 for 3 years now (I didn't like M21 and once I found out about this in M22 I lost interest). While I really love my classic roster with draft class franchise on Madden 20, I'm just in a mood to get the Trey Lance era started and it seems like the online franchise is in a much better place to knock out a rather long term franchise. As to the OFFLINE bug, I guess its been a thing since M21 and it just feels like it would have been solved by now if they really knew what was happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMatthews
Seems like the corruption glitch from last few maddens in franchise is back. ut 100% has something to do with any custom class thats imported into the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli2Manningham
This is absolutely wild to me that it wasn't fixed in the game. I've been waiting to hear if this was still an issue.

I have a working but no baseline theory that because YouTuber's do "5 year rebuilds" that the company thinks people only want to play 5 years worth of Madden Franchise. I know that is not true at all, but that's my theory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMatthews
If a custom draft class is added and the franchise is played until after the trade deadline of 2026 or 2027 the franchise file will corrupt if you play a game or exit the franchise.

If you sim to after preseason week 1 od the uesr after you can play another season but the same thing will happen in any week from 10 to 18. If you play a game it will corrupt

Essentially making offline franchises only playable for 4-6 years if you add a custom class
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
It is being reported it will get corrupt have 6 years even if you don't even use custom draft classes also.
So, to clarify:

- Offline franchises will corrupt regardless of anything you do.
- Probably at some point between the fourth and seventh year.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:16 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
This is precisely why I back up my saved data to the cloud after EVERY offline franchise game.

That way if the file corrupts, I can simply redownload from the cloud, and I lose only a game.

Can you "explain like I'm five" how to backup in the cloud?

Last year, I saved every season multiple times (not in the cloud) so I could go back to a previous year but most times it would only lead to a corruption at the same point.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:17 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
You can take control of all the teams at the start of a franchise, if you wish. Just have to create a character (coach/owner) for those teams.
I don’t want to run every team during the season. I just want to take control of around 15 during the offseason.

A couple of years ago, they made that impossible - I forget how.
Old 08-20-2022, 01:35 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Wait, you can take control of exra teams during the offseason only?

Or, are you staying in control of them all the time?

Create the characters and go through the off-season. Once the season starts just go through and retire the characters you don’t want to control. When you “retire” it just retires the user. That coach is still with the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
Create the characters and go through the off-season. Once the season starts just go through and retire the characters you don’t want to control. When you “retire” it just retires the user. That coach is still with the team.

OK thanks, that is what I used to do but it wouldn't let me last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 01:45 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
OK thanks, that is what I used to do but it wouldn't let me last year.

They changed it from pushing R3 to using select button and going through that menu.

Old 08-20-2022, 01:52 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
So, to clarify:

- Offline franchises will corrupt regardless of anything you do.
- Probably at some point between the fourth and seventh year.

yeah.. been an issue since madden 21
Old 08-20-2022, 02:07 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
They changed it from pushing R3 to using select button and going through that menu.

I knew how to do it, but when I stopped being the coach, he would disappear from the game and the following year, I could not re-take control of that team again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »