Home

How is Progressive Fatigue?

This is a discussion on How is Progressive Fatigue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2022, 06:17 PM   #9
Rookie

ynkeecwby's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is Progressive Fatigue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I switched when they training screen showed offense or defense in the low 90's. That's when guys started missing snaps or playing fatigued.
Excellent. Thanks. The progressive fatigue is new to me and I hadn’t been monitoring it but might explain a few things I was seeing.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:28 PM   #10
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Zero impact until week 10, then all my players started "yellow" fatigued at the beginning of the game.
Old 08-20-2022, 09:02 AM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
That’s good to hear. Do you notice if the players are slower at slightly fatigued? I remember last year they had an animation for players being out of breath before a play started.
I've mostly been simming, I'll play a Week 18 game today to check.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2022, 07:42 PM   #12
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Progressive fatigue seems to be working fine, but it has a really... shall we say "interesting" interplay with auto-subs.

I've got auto-sub for HB set to 99 sub in 98 sub out. First 3-4 games of the season? I think my back up got one snap total. Toward the end of the season, my perfectly healthy starting HB gets about a quarter of the snaps.

I like progressive AI as a system, but they've really got to tackle how they split RB carries and WR rotations. I'd love to get some of my younger players some time on the field without having to manually sub them in.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:12 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

I’m in the super bowl and everything seems fine. AI played all should be starters up to this point.
Old 08-22-2022, 02:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Through week 13 and I haven't seen any players look more than a few % points fatigued. Nevertheless, in Week 9 my starting RB played the first snap and was then subbed out for the rest of the game. Up until that point, he was probably getting 20-25 touches a game. Nothing crazy.

He was back in week 10 and I don't know if I figured out the running game or what but he had 32 carries for 170+ compared to RB2's 2 carries. Same thing the following week.

Then comes week 13 and he played the first snap and never came back. At that point I turned progressive fatigue off.

Maybe its a bad interaction between PF and Auto Subs. We all seem to put the auto sub threshold pretty high because otherwise they don't sub at all early in the year. But maybe then they get fatigued and after one play don't get back to the high threshold.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:52 PM   #15
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know if this relates to fatigue or not but as the Bears for the first 6 games Montgomery was never auto subbed out and carried 24+ times a game. Then in game 7 he played on quarter and then Herbert was in the rest of the game and never subbed out. I thought maybe he was hurt and I missed it but he didn't show up when I hit pause and looked at injuries.

Being unable to autosub players out is a legacy issue and like the DPI slider why even have it in the game when it doesn't work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2022, 12:34 AM   #16
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

I had to disable, because my running back would not come back into the game because he couldn’t reach the energy level to be subbed back in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »