Home

CPU Quarterback Play (Behavior Under Pressure, Interceptions) Thread

This is a discussion on CPU Quarterback Play (Behavior Under Pressure, Interceptions) Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2022, 05:22 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Quarterback Play (Behavior Under Pressure, Interceptions) Thread

Had a kinda weird one. Kyler fled the pocket to the left. He had plenty of space to run into with only one LB in front of him. It was the kind situation that should have had him salivating. He could have gone a long way, though probably not for a TD.

Instead, he threw it away. Even the most statuesque QB could have made it back to the LoS around the 25 yard line.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 4.48.12 PM.jpg
Old 08-26-2022, 05:46 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New CPU Overpowered Interceptions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SituationSoap
You are absolutely seeing too many INTs, you just don't understand what too many INTs looks like. The Lions had 11 INTs last year as a team, you're on pace for 24. 6 of their INTs last year were by Armani Oruwariye, who is very likely to regress toward the mean this year, a reasonable number for him is like, 3.

In a secondary with no standout players you've generated something like 21 interceptions out of thin air. I really love Aidan Hutchinson, but there's no way that adding him to the defensive line is going to be enough to blow up a defense from being pretty awful last year to effectively leading the league in turnovers this year.

I hadn't read through the whole thread to this point, but Aidan Hutchinson having 19 sacks through 14 games is also absolutely absurd. He's going to have a great season if he gets to 10 sacks this year. 13 would basically make him a shoo-in for DROY. You have him on pace for the sack record in his rookie season. You're going to see the most sacks by a team in at least 10 years.

You're taking a mediocre defense at best and turning them into a defense that shows up about once in a decade or more and then coming over here and telling people you don't see anything unrealistic. You don't know what unrealistic looks like.
Again, you are completely missing the point.

From what everyone is saying on this thread, with the amount of pressure I'm generating on the CPU QBs, (I admit it is unrealistic for the Lions) I SHOULD be seeing 6 plus interceptions a game.

I'm not. Only twice have I gotten 3. Most games, I get 1 or none. And I'm seeing the CPU throw the ball away when they should be, in order to avoid a sack.

What I'm NOT seeing, is the CPU just chucking up a duck when under pressure resulting in a ball thrown right into coverage. UNLESS they are down late, and NEED a score to stay in/get back in the game.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #59
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
Again, you are completely missing the point.

From what everyone is saying on this thread, with the amount of pressure I'm generating on the CPU QBs, (I admit it is unrealistic for the Lions) I SHOULD be seeing 6 plus interceptions a game.

I'm not. Only twice have I gotten 3. Most games, I get 1 or none. And I'm seeing the CPU throw the ball away when they should be, in order to avoid a sack.

What I'm NOT seeing, is the CPU just chucking up a duck when under pressure resulting in a ball thrown right into coverage. UNLESS they are down late, and NEED a score to stay in/get back in the game.
The point really is that you have too many interceptions in your season for it to be considered realistic which is how most of us want to play in our franchise. If you use a team with an x-factor in the secondary it would be even worse. It doesn’t matter if you see 3 ints some games and 1 or 2 in others. It’s still too many interceptions.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-26-2022, 09:31 PM   #60
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: CPU Quarterback Play (Behavior Under Pressure, Interceptions) Thread

Well Joe Burrow just ripped me to shreds on default All Pro, so it is certainly possible for CPU quarterbacks to play well lol.

I imagine the Fearless ability negating all pass pressure was helping him out a lot.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:47 PM   #61
Rookie

`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
The point really is that you have too many interceptions in your season for it to be considered realistic which is how most of us want to play in our franchise. If you use a team with an x-factor in the secondary it would be even worse. It doesn’t matter if you see 3 ints some games and 1 or 2 in others. It’s still too many interceptions.
It's not though.

The leading team in the NFL usually has around 20 some Ints.

Dallas had 26 last year.

In over HALF of my games (8 out of 15 now) I have had 1 or fewer interceptions.

And most of those games were close games. I'm really only seeing the CPU QBs take chances and throwing into coverage when they HAVE to because of time/Score.

Last edited by kdutch98; 08-26-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2022, 11:04 PM   #62
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
`

It's not though.

Dallas had 26 last year.

And most of those games were close games. I'm really only seeing the CPU QBs take chances and throwing into coverage when they HAVE to because of time/Score.
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...hrown-per-game

Highest INTs thrown per game is 1.2 while the lowest is 0.4

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/ave...021-nfl-season

Cowboys have the highest Interception made per game with 1.53 and the lowest was 0.35 Interception made per game by the Las Vegas Raiders.

Seems like you’re the only one experiencing this as a none issue while everyone else is. We all must have gotten the bad batch besides you. Lucky!

Last edited by tcnumba10; 08-26-2022 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:17 PM   #63
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
`

It's not though.

Dallas had 26 last year.

Dallas did have 26 int’s last year, but you’re playing with the lions with no stars in the secondary. If you use a different team with an x-factor corner and he gets in the zone the cpu will keep throwing his way especially when behind.

I’m seeing the cpu throw interceptions on back to back to back drives sometimes their first 3 drives of the game. I want my turnovers to feel earned and not know I’m going to get 20+ ints every season no matter the team, along with leading the league in pick 6’s.

It would be the same thing in mlb the show if I had 3 guys hit 40 home runs in one season. It’s possible. It’s been done before, but the tigers aren’t doing that in 2022.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 08-27-2022, 12:40 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...hrown-per-game

Highest INTs thrown per game is 1.2 while the lowest is 0.4

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/ave...021-nfl-season

Cowboys have the highest Interception made per game with 1.53 and the lowest was 0.35 Interception made per game by the Las Vegas Raiders.

Seems like you’re the only one experiencing this as a none issue while everyone else is. We all must have gotten the bad batch besides you. Lucky!
I'm at 1.33 Interceptions made per game. So I'm still under the Cowboys.

Most of my interceptions have come from jumping routes, or making picks in one on one coverage.

I have seen very few throws made by CPU QBs directly into coverage when under pressure. Most of the time they throw the ball away, or an un-catchable pass.

IDK why I'm not seeing what everyone else seems to be seeing. I'm literally playing on All Madden default, 12 minute quarters accel clock at 20.

The ONLY sliders I have adjusted are penalty sliders (everything at 65 except for roughing the passer and illegal block in the back)

and Speed threshhold at 95

And again, the point people don't seem to be getting, going back to the title of this thread.....

I'm NOT seeing the "bad" CPU QB play when underpressure. I don't know why, to be honest. I'm just not.

Last edited by kdutch98; 08-27-2022 at 12:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »