Home

Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has

This is a discussion on Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has

I disagree that it needs an Eras mode at least sooner rather than later because Madden needs to get to the point where it has fleshed out the game modes it currently has. I feel that’s kinda elementary, ya know? Let’s get the basics right and fill em with real features that work, then let’s see them expand to Eras.

One poster brought up tendencies for example in 2K while it was compared to Madden’s tags. Thing is, if you go look at 2K’s tendencies screen, even 2k11.. there are over 50 different options for each player and all of them come with their own slider.. this is customizable for every single player in the NBA. Madden is not close to this. Compare 2k19 franchise mode and career modes to M23, Madden isn’t really that close in terms of options, customization, immersion, presentation and features.

I don’t need Madden to be 2K. My standards aren’t incredibly high, but Tiburon continues to disappoint. For the only football game in town, football gamers deserve so much more.
Old 09-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #34
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

NBA 2k23 did a great job with their Era modes and can expand on it.

For Madden it is a horrible idea. Sorry but it is. No sugar coating it. 2k has had customization on a whole different level than Madden. Madden has not had a bad franchise mode in the past. Not super detailed but not simple either. This year they took multiple steps backwards.

Before this should ever be considered an option for Madden, they need to get their ducks in a row and deliver a franchise mode that doesn't crash.

This is cold. But Madden era modes should never happen. Ever.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #35
b1g
Rookie

b1g's Arena

Madden needs the passion the whole 2K team has from top to bottom. They're so far behind and have so much that is broken that needs attention. The vibes are totally different just from visiting the threads, it's like night and day. I'm surprised people force their self to try and enjoy this game. Not judging because I know I'll force myself too (a few times) because I love football but 2K has stole the show, that should be the new standard of pure fun.

Last edited by b1g; 09-28-2022 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2022, 02:29 PM   #36
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
For Madden it is a horrible idea. Sorry but it is. No sugar coating it. 2k has had customization on a whole different level than Madden. Madden has not had a bad franchise mode in the past. Not super detailed but not simple either. This year they took multiple steps backwards.
I don't like this era of football. Cheap 5 yard passes beacuse it is unstoppable with the speed and athleticism of players. Cheap. Lame.

I liked the variety of the past eras. Different styles where Eric Dickerson might go for 2000 yards, with Dan Marino obliterating all the passing records, Walshs offense revolutionizing football, and with LT, Reggie and the Bears defense terrorizing opponents.

And thats just the styles of play. The new overtime rules are stupid. Kickoffs will soon be done away with. There were few things as exciting as watching Deion or Devin Hester return a kick. A Desmond Howard kick return essentially decided a CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is NOT what EA is required to deliver. I doubt its even on their radar.

SHOULD this be available to fans? AB-SO-FREAKINING-LUTELY!

Shame on any football fan that would accept anything less.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-28-2022 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2022, 06:37 PM   #37
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I don't like this era of football. Cheap 5 yard passes beacuse it is unstoppable with the speed and athleticism of players. Cheap. Lame.

I liked the variety of the past eras. Different styles where Eric Dickerson might go for 2000 yards, with Dan Marino obliterating all the passing records, Walshs offense revolutionizing football, and with LT, Reggie and the Bears defense terrorizing opponents.

And thats just the styles of play. The new overtime rules are stupid. Kickoffs will soon be done away with. There were few things as exciting as watching Deion or Devin Hester return a kick. A Desmond Howard kick return essentially decided a CHAMPIONSHIP.

This is NOT what EA is required to deliver. I doubt its even on their radar.

SHOULD this be available to fans? AB-SO-FREAKINING-LUTELY!

Shame on any football fan that would accept anything less.

I do enjoy the greater variety of styles from football eras past. No where did I say I didn't.

No need to shame on a football fan for accepting less... Seems like a cheap shot... Again never said I was accepting less nor that I wanted to accept less...

My point here is...

For Madden, a game that needs to become stable across the board first and open up some customization options (and yes I know the NFL controls that aspect) it is a horrible idea and should not happen. There are corruption save file issues amongst other issues. I have no faith it would be a stable experience... Hence it is a horrible idea.

Now it would be a good idea for MLB. That is true.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-28-2022, 10:13 PM   #38
Rookie

m29a's Arena

In my opinion, the NBA 2K franchise mode has focused on adding new flashy features, while unfortunately ignoring the foundation of the mode.

With NBA 2K franchise, there have been no improvements to the progression system (after 2-3 years in a league, you see teams stacked with countless A+ 3pt shooting players), and the stock draft class generation (wonky tendencies, signatures, and accessories). There have of course been notable bugs over the years as well, mostly due to these new features.

I don't know how people don't notice that stuff, other than that I guess most people don't get too deep into the mode.

Meanwhile, I've put far more time into Madden franchise over the years even though I prefer NBA 2K gameplay, because I appreciated how relatively simple the mode was. I also think that the draft class generation and progression in Madden is mostly solid as well. That said IMO this has fallen off as they've "improved" things like scouting.

Last edited by m29a; 09-28-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:52 AM   #39
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
No need to shame on a football fan for accepting less... Seems like a cheap shot... Again never said I was accepting less nor that I wanted to accept less...
Yes, you're right. If I offended you, I apologize.

.. I strongly believe this game is 'in the state its in' [pc version] is beacuse fans won't take a stand.

"I don't like the game, and it isn't very good, but oh well, I need my NFL fix" ho dee do dee do.. another lemming walking blindly off the cliff.

We deserve SO much more. I'm just sick and tired of it.

My apologies, again.
Old 09-29-2022, 01:01 PM   #40
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Yes, you're right. If I offended you, I apologize.

.. I strongly believe this game is 'in the state its in' [pc version] is beacuse fans won't take a stand.

"I don't like the game, and it isn't very good, but oh well, I need my NFL fix" ho dee do dee do.. another lemming walking blindly off the cliff.

We deserve SO much more. I'm just sick and tired of it.

My apologies, again.
We are good.

I agree with your sentiment. This game could be so much more right now. It really could.

I don't like having to go back to previous versions of a game to enjoy it. Simply each iteration of a game should always be better than the last. In a perfect world...

I have had to go back to previous games for Madden, MLB, and NHL. The last FIFA I bought was 17 and it was ok. I got 22 for free but haven't even installed it yet.

The sports games industry needs to do better. No doubt there.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »