Home

Here we go again….franchise crash

This is a discussion on Here we go again….franchise crash within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2022, 09:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Here we go again….franchise crash

Started a new franchise and every time I start a game the game crashes back to my Xbox Home Screen. Just like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Here we go again….franchise crash

Another day another new franchise glitch. That about sums up this year's release. The game seems to be getting worse and worse the further we get from launch.... but no communication and no patches still.

I know the devs are getting hate in other threads, but this isn't only on them. FIFA23 is the same. Trial is broken so people can't get in. Easy to fix bugs are still in the game after 3+ years. EA is greedy & lazy and it's really showing in their games right now.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtomhere
Started a new franchise and every time I start a game the game crashes back to my Xbox Home Screen. Just like last year.

You and your console had this exact same problem last year?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:29 AM   #4
Banned

Tons of people had this problem last year. They released a patch and it broke franchise until they released another patch weeks later.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I feel weird being a voice of reason, but with the level and amount of glitches going on, they probably had no sense of where to start (compared to if it was one specific area that pointed to a code quadrant), but more importantly, this is likely an intense undergoing with their set and only amount of coders that do franchise.

I know, many will say that they should better pool resources and/or pull from other departments (and I agree to extents), but many times per coding that's like asking a guy that only knows how to change oil to suddenly "come over here and put new lifters in this guy's engine, will ya?" If you ever want a solid example of how people can only know one thing to code and not know much else, the equivalent would be paying close attention to the incredibly long list of names in different companies and departments when you watch a marvel film - the list of credits per the CGI work - it's really like that. One set, specific job only. So, the mut, yard, fotf folks are very likely not going to be just pulled to help with franchise. The franchise folks in place are all there is. The justifiable wish they'd use resources wiser can only apply from the get go of hiring franchise code folks and/or if they can hire more right now (during hurricane season).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 10:54 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagan
I feel weird being a voice of reason, but with the level and amount of glitches going on, they probably had no sense of where to start (compared to if it was one specific area that pointed to a code quadrant), but more importantly, this is likely an intense undergoing with their set and only amount of coders that do franchise.

I know, many will say that they should better pool resources and/or pull from other departments (and I agree to extents), but many times per coding that's like asking a guy that only knows how to change oil to suddenly "come over here and put new lifters in this guy's engine, will ya?" If you ever want a solid example of how people can only know one thing to code and not know much else, the equivalent would be paying close attention to the incredibly long list of names in different companies and departments when you watch a marvel film - the list of credits per the CGI work - it's really like that. One set, specific job only. So, the mut, yard, fotf folks are very likely not going to be just pulled to help with franchise. The franchise folks in place are all there is. The justifiable wish they'd use resources wiser can only apply from the get go of hiring franchise code folks and/or if they can hire more right now (during hurricane season).

With the amount of bugs in MUT and FotF there's no way those people could get pulled to CFM. As much as I'd like the team to prioritize CFM, every major game mode is so broken right now that they need more people working on every area of the game. We'll never know but I'm curious if it's an issue finding staff or if it's an "EA's not willing to allocate the money Tiburon needs to hire the staff they need" issue.

I've never seen MUT so publicly broken before and it's surprising that even their cash cow isn't getting the resources it needs.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Is this happening with both the digital build as well as physical copies of games? I haven't played in a few days. But, the last time I played all was well. I was also playing offline too so...
Old 09-27-2022, 11:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

I have the Xbox series S - digital games only. I can confirm it's in the download version, as well. I can also confirm that it's not my system (to the best of my knowledge), as other games work just fine, and I looked into bugs per any of the latest updates. I even keep up with / do the xbox insider program and such.

Another thing per the hiring/resources side of things: It's still really hard to get people to work coming out of covid. Many feel entitled to work from home, still, but more of a complication is that to get people to actually work in offices again, employers are having to pay higher wages. It's not exactly a recipe of getting more bang for the buck right now. It all makes for a real world algorithm that isn't working out, if you will, haha.

Last edited by Dagan; 09-27-2022 at 11:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »