Home

Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 05:34 PM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Do you think Madden 23 is inherently better at it's gameplay core than 22?
Yes, because unlike Madden 22 defense pass rush exists and is a legitimate threat to slow down opposing offenses.

It is honestly just that simple.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:14 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Yes, because unlike Madden 22 defense pass rush exists and is a legitimate threat to slow down opposing offenses.

If you leave it at 50, I guess. But a few clicks down fixes that instantly. In fact, putting pass blocking at anything under 47 becomes too much pass rush.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 09-30-2022 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 21 or Madden 22 or Madden 23 PS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan4ever19
OK guys. It seems Madden 21 is the best of the bunch so we'll add them to the question.

Madden 21 vs. Madden 22 vs. Madden 23????

It seems many like 21. Glad I didn't sell that one yet. Had it up for sale on e-bay but no takers so I took it off to give 21 another chance.

I recently went back to 21 and am having a blast. Now that the INT slider actually works in 23 I may go back to it, but I hate the momentum meter. I actually think the HFA factor is pretty cool, but the momentum meter is so odd. Some of the effects are so dumb and clearly intended for competitive H2H play.

I actually like the new scouting in 22/23, and I like the player tags in 23 and how they affect free agency.

However, 21 plays like a game that is complete, while 23 seems like it’s still a work in progress. Some things that still stick out to me as a franchise player is the lack of injuries to skill positions and auto subs. I usually don’t see my backup RB play a single snap all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-14-2022, 06:15 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
I'm now firmly in the Madden 21 camp. Wish I had tried it sooner to be honest.

Currently working on roster editing and sliders to get accurate in game and league wide sim stats. Feeling very positive at the moment.

Game plays well - I am seeing good pass rushers beat bad offensive linemen and DB's breaking up plays. No robo-Qb's either.

It's not perfect but I'm hoping my roster edits and sliders will fix most things.

The custom draft files means you can get the accurate draft classes for 2021 and 2022 and my testing so far indicates they do not break the game (unlike Madden 23).

Other than placement passing (which I really liked) I won't miss Madden 23. The franchise bugs and interceptions are just too much and the lack of any real feedback from the developers that they are going to fix things is just beyond infuriating.

I also dislike HFA momentum, and the AI changes that make the AI go for stupid long FG's rather than a coffin corner punt.

Added bonus of playing Madden 21 means I get to erase the SB wins of the Rams and Buccs!
Bb. When you get your roster and sliders done are you going to post them?
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 10-14-2022, 08:44 PM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

My only retort to this is I’ve watched folks on here squint their eyes and try their damnest to make Madden 23 a playable game for the prior two months. If people put that same amount of effort into a polished M22, I think they’d be surprised what kinda gameplay they can pull out of that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »