Home

For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

This is a discussion on For Franchise: Should there be a training camp? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2022, 10:27 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

They made scouting more convoluted than ever by trying to make it "deeper", and this would just be another layer that just adds more complexity over practicality in franchise. More clicking through laggy slow loading menus upon laggy slow loading menus to get what, a +1 to +3 awareness bonus for a couple of players once a week? It's just not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Let's be honest even if it was added, a large percentage of people would hate it and opine about it not being enough like something from like 15 years ago.
Also, hilariously, ultimately this. Some people on this forum seem to think making video games is like typing in a notepad, and why can't you just CTRL + C from Madden 2004 and CTRL +V into Madden 2X, lazy devs!?
Old 09-30-2022, 01:36 PM   #18
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

If its was another vehicle to nerf player ratings, NO!

I do think they need something in place to simulate injuries during this time period. A major player or two always manages to get hurt in camp. Not that anyone wants that, but it always happens.

If Camp was implemented properly, I think it would definitely add to the mode. Identify a darkhorse rookie or two that is working hard and might unexpectedly contribute to the team. Have a vet that is loafing that could vault to the top of the cut list. Maybe the 3rd year QB makes a big leap forward.

I think there are some cool possibilities. But there are scores of things ahead of this on the list.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-30-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:03 PM   #19
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
If its was another vehicle to nerf player ratings, NO!
What do you mean by this ? Nerf ratings how ?
Old 09-30-2022, 02:12 PM   #20
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
They made scouting more convoluted than ever by trying to make it "deeper", and this would just be another layer that just adds more complexity over practicality in franchise. More clicking through laggy slow loading menus upon laggy slow loading menus to get what, a +1 to +3 awareness bonus for a couple of players once a week? It's just not worth it

Couldn't agree more , the last thing we need is a deep ,'complex' mode , all those 'menus' are probably why the game never works as intended. Certainly adding more depth and complexity is unnecessary .

In fact I'd suggest we go farther and remove some of the extraneous stuff . Eliminating the draft and replacing it with a simple allocation process would also remove the burden of scouting etc ...far more practical....and why stop there ?

While I think of it , do we really need ALL eleven players on the field ... at the same time ...for both teams ? Surely less players and therefore less interactions would be far easier to programme and result in greatly improved gameplay ?
Old 10-01-2022, 07:45 AM   #21
Rookie

I remember training camp on the ps2 maddens. I would actually do the events. No reason for madden not to have some sort of training camp incorporated into franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #22
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

I like the idea. Just not as excited to give them anymore things to add until the game is rebuilt. I'd love this tho, just don't like the current chain of command handling it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 10-02-2022, 02:31 AM   #23
Rookie

i would love a training camp if implemented properly, but i have zero faith that it would be. everything EA adds to the mode either feels way too gimmicky (momentum meter) or is just so basic with no depth like the scenarios you get in your menu. i think they really need to focus on adding some stuff that doesn’t always involve boosting player ratings, it just kills the fun for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #24
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Here's my idea of training camp

First move the regression period to training camp. Would make it so there's much more risk into signing older free agents since you don't know what kind of regression they're gonna have.

Second is move end of season dev trait movement to training camp. So once you hit training camp you'll see if guys either went up or down in dev trait.

Third lock in all playbooks and schemes during training camp.

Lastly you can make players lose/gain weight to get buffs and nerfs to various attributes. For example running backs can gain weight to receive buffs to power back archetype while losing attributes in the elusive back archetype. There are plenty of examples where guys gain or lose weight to various effects on the field.

I think these are minimal changes that could give franchises more risk/reward and have a way to simulate training camp.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »