Home

For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

This is a discussion on For Franchise: Should there be a training camp? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Most Anticipated Sports Games of 2023
Five Ways EA Sports PGA Tour Can Improve Golf Career Modes
Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

Old 10-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #33
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Firstly if I remember correctly boosts were to attributes not overall and had a maximum of 2 or 3 points which would result maybe in a + 1 to the overall rating

Secondly I find nothing " cheesy" about training/ practices improving players ratings , this seems perfectly representative of how players improve IRL and certainly far more realistic than getting boosts from box score stats

In a world where the default ratings are getting adjusted by bleacher report twitter polls I find your objections curious.

Lastly I see no particular reason to simply ' copy and paste ' the PS2 version of how training camp's were depicted, previous posts have given solid ideas in how to build upon things already in the game
Just put the weekly strategy stuff in training camp. Pick the intensity of camp with a chance for injury based on how hard players go. The only difference would be a chance for a long term injury instead of the one week injuries we get during the season.

One thing to note is training camp boosts based on the drills only applied to user teams. We already have such a big advantage over the CPU, the last thing I want is another one unless they give the CPU the same options.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2022, 10:34 AM   #34
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Just put the weekly strategy stuff in training camp. Pick the intensity of camp with a chance for injury based on how hard players go. The only difference would be a chance for a long term injury instead of the one week injuries we get during the season.

One thing to note is training camp boosts based on the drills only applied to user teams. We already have such a big advantage over the CPU, the last thing I want is another one unless they give the CPU the same options.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Decent , reasonable and viable suggestion, and I agree any introduction should be 'simmable' and apply to all teams Inc. CPU controlled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »