Home

For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

This is a discussion on For Franchise: Should there be a training camp? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2022, 02:50 AM   #1
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

Having watched Hard Knocks....I was thinking
We currently have weekly training, where the gameplan for the week is installed and you get buffs on certain skills.
However, most of the team play is installed in training camp. Weekly gameplan should be minimal changes.

Should there be a "training camp" which would basically be an enlarged version of weekly training? Permanent buffs installed. Perhaps you choose the playbook here and are penalised if you later change it. Give more flexibility on training intensity with an injury/fatigue risk associated with higher intensity work. More flexibility on playstyle to practice and buff (zone vs power run, man vs zone defence, do we practice play action heavily, etc)

Then lessen the rating impact of in-season practice.

It would also allow some more focus on rookies. Right now you just get the focus training + pre-season points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 07:28 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: For Franchise: Should there be a training camp?

In madden 22 we maxed the XP sliders in preseason to mimic training camp and then reduced them in regular season to achieve our desired target ovr distribution over 5 and 10 years. Was great seeing lots of skill points early but then weekly training became more about the buffs than xp during the season.

The recent update to XP means that there's not as much benefit in doing training camp XP for Madden 23.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:06 AM   #3
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Yes there should, but there won't be.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

This. I would sim training camp, I do thaat withpreseason games. But if it could be added, I wouldbe glad for others
who would use training camp.

Edit,, I meant to quote MLamms post above.

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 09-29-2022 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:18 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
This. I would sim training camp, I do thaat withpreseason games. But if it could be added, I wouldbe glad for others
who would use training camp.
Agreed. I play a lot of games from previous generations and I also sim that aspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2022, 09:31 AM   #6
Pro

Honestly, I do not want the EA team trying any other mode, feature, whatever for a long time. I want this team to stop, pause, and just work on all of the stuff they claim they want to work on but don't have time.

They will do this training camp thing but gamers will have to wait until October for the patch that actually fixes it and makes it usable
Old 09-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Short answer ... YES obviously.

I'll go farther and say that at this point , 30 years into the history of this title , the game should accurately portray every aspect of an NFL season .

I can understand replication of on- field play and the depiction of human behaviour and interactions is difficult and probably will never be perfect so gameplay will always have room for improvement and be open to criticism.

But, by now we should expect the framework and infrastructure of an NFL season to be replicated accurately and in precise detail and depth . Everything from the draft , scouting , roster and injury management tools , contract details should mimic the real NFL precisely . If this amount of detail and depth would appear off- putting or tedious to ' casual ' players there should be 'short- cuts' and tutorials provided and options to sim any and all activities individually.

Unfortunately after so many years of under- resourcing and deliberate over simplification of this mode , its current state leaves us in a situation whereby we have people justifiably asking for NO more depth , in the hope that this results in simply getting the current mode to work as advertised
Old 09-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #8
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Yes that would be good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »