Home

Not thinking through their franchise designs.

This is a discussion on Not thinking through their franchise designs. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2022, 09:12 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Not thinking through their franchise designs.

This year has been an improvement for sure in general terms , its just unfortunate that its light years behind the rest of the other sports titles. Its embarrassing to say, but its even light years behind legacy versions of madden too. One thing I cant really wrap my head around is franchise players not being resigned by the CPU , its crazy to see - or players retiring way earlier than they should ( except Tom brady who is still playing in my franchise , we're 3 years in lol). Anyway, I think that until they really make a serious effort to make franchise fun we will be stuck in this purgatory of sorts , doing just enough to make it plateable.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:11 AM   #18
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

It's funny, I was thinking today, if I got hired back and put in charge of franchise mode, ya'll would be losing your minds after year one because you wouldn't get a single damn near feature. I'd spend that entire season rebalancing the basic **** in the game under the hood:P

It's the Dungeon Master in me. I need the math to be right to enjoy it at all.

EDIT: I take that back, I'd add some little features. Accelerating salary standards to keep up with the cap later in franchise mode, Renegotiate/Restructure contracts, adjust front load vs. back load, cash-over-cap. These are fairly simple and would require minor UI adjustments, the hard part would be teaching the CPU to use them correctly.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 10-14-2022 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:28 PM   #19
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It's funny, I was thinking today, if I got hired back and put in charge of franchise mode, ya'll would be losing your minds after year one because you wouldn't get a single damn near feature. I'd spend that entire season rebalancing the basic **** in the game under the hood:P

EDIT: I take that back, I'd add some little features. Accelerating salary standards to keep up with the cap later in franchise mode, Renegotiate/Restructure contracts, adjust front load vs. back load, cash-over-cap. These are fairly simple and would require minor UI adjustments, the hard part would be teaching the CPU to use them correctly.
Did you work on HC09?

I wish that was the model they were shooting for. The depth was unprecedented.

.. always appreciate your insights. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #20
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

If they fixed everything that was there to work as intended, I think most people would be happy. Every facet of the mode needs major work. Especially on CPU side of things. I would be happy of the CPU can utilize scenarios. That would be a big win right there for a lot of folks especially people who play long term franchises which needs to work as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2022, 08:49 AM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Did you work on HC09?

I wish that was the model they were shooting for. The depth was unprecedented.

.. always appreciate your insights. Thanks.
I did not! That's what's nuts to me. I drove SO hard to incorporate everything we could into the game I could, but the guy who was actually the lead goddamn designer on that shot down everything.

I think he was burnt. I think HC09 not selling made him unable to accept that the community would ever accept realism.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #22
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
If they fixed everything that was there to work as intended, I think most people would be happy. Every facet of the mode needs major work. Especially on CPU side of things. I would be happy of the CPU can utilize scenarios. That would be a big win right there for a lot of folks especially people who play long term franchises which needs to work as well.

Funny thing is, that is easy.

If you were to control all 32 teams, which is a MASSIVE pain in the ***, you could get the CPU participating in all of it, even with all teams. Drives me nuts. It's so easy. Those scenarios exist for the CPU, they just don't... uhh, click on them. Like, seriously, the CPU just plays like a super-lazy player. They just go to the game, sim everything, and that's it.

If you never click on a scenario, the scenario means nothing. All they'd have to do is tell the cpu to open the goddamn scenario and pick an option at random and at least that'd make things even.

-Mark Twain.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #23
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Funny thing is, that is easy.

If you were to control all 32 teams, which is a MASSIVE pain in the ***, you could get the CPU participating in all of it, even with all teams. Drives me nuts. It's so easy. Those scenarios exist for the CPU, they just don't... uhh, click on them. Like, seriously, the CPU just plays like a super-lazy player. They just go to the game, sim everything, and that's it.

If you never click on a scenario, the scenario means nothing. All they'd have to do is tell the cpu to open the goddamn scenario and pick an option at random and at least that'd make things even.
I would love if there was a non-tedious way to control 32 teams. It takes so long to scroll through all the teams to do everything for them. It takes way too long and too many button presses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »