Home

Madden 23 Franchise Glitches- Tests, Workarounds ETC

This is a discussion on Madden 23 Franchise Glitches- Tests, Workarounds ETC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #1
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Madden 23 Franchise Glitches- Tests, Workarounds ETC

Alright everyone, I made this thread to bring the glitches plaguing Madden 23 in Franchise mode, and their respective workarounds under one roof. This gives the testers somewhere to post their work, and in turn I will update this post with said work, so everyone can find it.

Glitches

Draft glitch-

What this glitch pertains to is completing a draft, progressing a little, only to reload your save and being thrown back into the draft.

Update 11/21/22

The November patch has seemingly fixed the issue. I read that many users were able to continue their once looping drafts, and progress. However, I won't give it the all clear, more of a start at your own risk. Below is still the most effective workaround if you experience issues.

Workaround

To avoid the draft glitch for a online CFM, you need to sim the draft. The glitch is very random, with no apperrant trigger.(Personally, it's a server issue that EA needs to further investigate.)

Save corruption
11/23/22
Thanks to Greenhorn2112, it has been reported on the EA community forums that save corruption may have been fixed on the last title update. Users have stated they were able to load a manual franchise save and progress, when they were not able to progress before. Also, some testing has been done with custom draft classes going as far as 2035 with zero issues. This is certainly encouraging news, however I am not sold until it's unanimous. I will leave data and work-arounds below until I am sold it has been fixed.

CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!

Offline-With the testing effort of British Bronco, I think it's safe to exclude the lack of coaches in the future years of an offline CFM as being an issue. It may still have something to do with custom draft classes, however no definite trigger for this issue has been established.

Online:
I tested with both custom draft classes, and coach firing on over 10 seasons. Game loaded fine, and no issues with being dashboarded following a game.

Unless otherwise reported, save corruption is being determined to be an offline issue.

Workaround-

Offline:
Credit to British Bronco for the following workaround:

A) Play as a GM and never play or watch your team in-game i.e. just draft and develop players. Do not use a custom draft file.

B) Set up 32 team control. Coach Firing to OFF. No custom draft file. That way you can at least play or watch the games. And just accept that there will never be coach moves/hires etc in your make believe NFL mini-world, and that Pete Carroll will still be at the Seahawks when he turns 100 years old.

Thats what I have so far. I know there are a ton of other issues, and I wanna bring them under one roof for testing and making the test results available for everyone. Testers, please feel free to add results here, and for the older results just PM me what thread they are in and I will include them.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 11-23-2022 at 08:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 23 Franchise Glitches- Tests, Workarounds ETC

I just ran two quick franchise tests, and here are the results.

Setup 1
Xbox Series X/Disc version
Online franchise
Head coach role
Head coach firing off
Default generated draft classes
Start with active roster in regular season

I simmed 10 years into the future before taking a look at the current coaching staffs. Nearly every team fired their original guy, but it's noticeable that a lot of those guys have HC jobs at other teams. My hunch is that helps the online mode avoid the full crash bug. No save corruption, but I don't think this was ever an issue for online franchise mode.

I entered the next draft, and did a bunch of trading down. Made my picks, simmed preseason, and then played week 1. Played meaning I picked to play the game, kicked off, and then supersimmed. Upon going back to the menu, everything was fine. No draft rewind business.

So I guess everything was cool, but man I hate not being able to control as much as I want in the online league.

Setup 2
Offline franchise
Head coach role (1 team)
Head coach firing off

Simmed 10 years into the future, and looked at the head coaching situation. Again, nearly everyone had been fired. The difference is that there weren't any 2022 HC guys that had taken new HC jobs. This was very different from what I had found in the online version. The encouraging news, is that I fired my OC and DC, and there were a ton of guys available in the coaching pool - a lot more than when you usually start a franchise. Maybe this is new, or maybe it was always this way (I've been out of Madden for like 5 years).

At the Super Bowl, I took control of one of the teams and played the game (kick off, then sim the rest). I did not experience any franchise corruption after the game, and moved into the offseason.

I did the draft, with trade downs and everything, and it went fine. Simmed to week 1, and again, everything was fine - no draft rewind glitch.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:10 PM   #3
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I just ran two quick franchise tests, and here are the results.

Setup 1
Online franchise
Head coach role
Head coach firing off

I simmed 10 years into the future before taking a look at the current coaching staffs. Nearly every team fired their original guy, but it's noticeable that a lot of those guys have HC jobs at other teams. My hunch is that helps the online mode avoid the full crash bug. No save corruption, but I don't think this was ever an issue for online franchise mode.

I entered the next draft, and did a bunch of trading down. Made my picks, simmed preseason, and then played week 1. Played meaning I picked to play the game, kicked off, and then supersimmed. Upon going back to the menu, everything was fine. No draft rewind business.

So I guess everything was cool, but man I hate not being able to control as much as I want in the online league.

Setup 2
Offline franchise
Head coach role (1 team)
Head coach firing off

Simmed 10 years into the future, and looked at the head coaching situation. Again, nearly everyone had been fired. The difference is that there weren't any 2022 HC guys that had taken new HC jobs. This was very different from what I had found in the online version. The encouraging news, is that I fired my OC and DC, and there were a ton of guys available in the coaching pool - a lot more than when you usually start a franchise. Maybe this is new, or maybe it was always this way (I've been out of Madden for like 5 years).

At the Super Bowl, I took control of one of the teams and played the game (kick off, then sim the rest). I did not experience any franchise corruption after the game, and moved into the offseason.

I did the draft, with trade downs and everything, and it went fine. Simmed to week 1, and again, everything was fine - no draft rewind glitch.
Excellent finds.

I remember after year one in my OG franchise thats now corrupted, that there was like 4 or 5 available replacements after firing my oc and DC.

I also just got a message from CM Hooe and he stated something interesting related to your coach theory. CM stated they implemented a fix for OC and DC's to now finally being able to be hired as HC's. Was that not a thing prior to yesterday's update?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-15-2022, 01:28 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

For the draft glitch, I heard the workaround is just don't do trades during the draft and it works fine. Can anybody confirm if this is true?
Old 10-15-2022, 09:41 AM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
For the draft glitch, I heard the workaround is just don't do trades during the draft and it works fine. Can anybody confirm if this is true?
In both of my tests above, I traded down 3 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2022, 10:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Xbox one
Head coach
Single player online freanchise

After the 2042 season someone hired my offensive and defensive coordinators. There were plenty of defensive coordinators available for hire. There were zero offensive coordinators for hire. Checked every other team and they all had their coordinator positions filled. Went through the preseason without an offensive coordinator. When I advanced to the regular season the cpu created and hired a new offensive coordinator. I don't know if this has any bearing on the glitches that people are experiencing. Just putting it out there. Maybe offline doesn't create these coordinators when their are none and it causes problems with the game being able to advance.
Old 10-16-2022, 01:57 PM   #7
Rookie

So from what I’m gathering, we basically can’t use custom draft classes no matter what?

Also, how long does it to take usually to set up 32 team control? It’s ridiculous that franchise STILL can’t be played using all features as intended
Old 10-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #8
Pro

MattyIce's Arena

So are there any reported glitches or issues happening in just one season of franchise? 32 team control or not I’m just wondering about issues in season 1

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »