Home

So whats on the vision board for 24?

This is a discussion on So whats on the vision board for 24? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2022, 02:35 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: So whats on the vision board for 24?

5 Things I want from Madden 24. That's it, just 5 things.

1. A game that actually works. I simply want everything in the game right now to function properly. No franchise mode glitches that get you stuck in a time loop, no sliders that mysteriously don't work. Just get it all functioning as intended.

2. This really falls under the #1 above, but penalties that work. This doesn't really need to be expanded on, we all know what I mean.

3. Redo the coaching system in franchise mode. Introduce staffs, even if all assistants are fictional, get rid of the skill tree and have coaches impact player development and skills at varying levels. Have coaches move around in realistic manners. This means assistants that turn into coordinators and coordinators that eventually get HC jobs if successful enough. All coaches have schemes, preferences within those schemes, and tendencies that impact how they construct their gameplans and adapt in-game. Some coaches are stubborn, others aren't, many are in-between, many coaches have tendencies in different situations, etc.

4. Redo development. I hate the XP system, I doubt EA goes away with it anytime soon. I'd much rather have a less omniscient and static system that's so easy to predict. I want guys to have vague floors and ceilings and there are varying factors(not all known to the player) that dictate how a player will progress in their career. And have different progression arcs. Some guys bust onto the scene, some guys are late bloomers, many are in between. We need more variance and less knowledge immediately. I hate drafting someone with pick 7 and already knowing whether they are a bust or not before they even shake hands with Goodell on stage. I want a system that can make it take 5 years with some players before they realize their potential, or not. Anything to make roster construction more of a challenge and more true to life.

5. Presentation overhaul. Nothing revolutionary is needed here. Look at real life broadcasts and copy it all. No need to reinvent the wheel. Camera angles, replay angles, how often they cut to the sidelines and why, stat banners, etc. Study real life and copy it. Stop trying your own EA thing, it just flat out sucks.

― Plato
Old 10-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think I want rosters from the NCAA game to port over because there's been too many times that has gone wrong. What we have now is working (at least, right now it is), so I say to leave that alone. No sense in bringing that lot of glitches back around.

For the same reasons, please, please, don't make a FOTF type player port over to Madden for the same goings on. It doesn't work. If it did, they wouldn't keep changing it every year. Just make the actual game of football play like it should, then put the things that are in the game "in the game," and we'll be able to start feeling the immersion with however many created players we choose to have.

Teambuilder - this alone is akin to / better than any FOTF mode ever attempted. The customization equals out to me being way more immersed in the game, and it gives me almost unlimited replay value. Also, make it for offline only because it'll never work with online or the NFL values/expectations/allowances BS. People will cheese it out a ton online. MUT does that horribly well enough already, IMO. Offline teambuilder, and just try it out like NHL23 has done this year (or better yet, pay real close attention to NHL23 this year, and then build on that for NFL teambuilder).
Old 10-22-2022, 04:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I don't know and honestly, I don't care LOL

I just want their best work/vision to be on NCAA 24

If they hit that game out the park next year, I seriously could care less what they do with Madden because I'm about burnt out with it.
Personally, I couldn’t forget about Madden in that situation. As long as the draft classes are thing, theses titles have a symbiotic relationship!
Old 10-22-2022, 05:20 PM   #20
MVP

1.) Player vault like MLB The Show. I'm SURE roster makers would love that .

2.) Able to import/ export uniforms done by others in a vault.

3.) If import export is not possible then at least give us the chance to make our own uniforms.

4.) In depth player creating. I mean like the show
Skin tones,hair design,faces fully editable.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993

Last edited by blackhawksfan4ever19; 10-22-2022 at 05:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »